Search found 8 matches

by SewTexas
Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:05 pm
Forum: Prayer Requests & Updates
Topic: Wreck kills local church goers
Replies: 44
Views: 5763

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

WildBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
Jusme wrote:
WildBill wrote:
The driver of the truck, 20-year-old Jack Dillon Young, was recorded swerving in and out of his lane March 29 before the bus crash.
Young said he consumed the prescription medications clonazepam, Ambien and Lexapro and was distracted by his cellphone before the
crash, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety affidavit for a search warrant obtained by KENS-TV.

Several medications were found in the front seat of Young’s pickup, including 29 doses of the sedative zolpidem in a bottle,
30 pills of the antidepressant escitalopram and empty bottles of the anti-anxiety drug clonazepam and prazosin, a drug to treat
high blood pressure, investigator Scott Hewitt stated, according to KENS-TV. Several marijuana cigarettes, most of them partially
smoked, were reportedly also found in the pickup's center console.
:banghead:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2 ... -killed-13

He was almost comatose then. I hope they charge him with 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter.

that's irresponsible writing. think about your wife's, purse and what could be written about her after an accident, your mother's. Is that what you would want?
He admitted to taking the Ambien and Lexapro. As far as I know that's all. So yeh, he would have been pretty much asleep, and should be charged with some sort of DUI or something. But I haven't read anywhere that tox results have come back or that he had taken anything else or smoked the pot that day. None of the cops said, "they were still smoking" or "they were warm" or whatever....
it's obvious the kid has a problem and needs help. And yes, I hope he goes to prison for a long time. But, I also would like to hold the media to the truth.
The article stated that the marijuana and other drugs were found after a search warrant was obtained and that they were documented on a police report.
I am not positive, but it would probably be public record.
I don't know if I would call that irresponsible. If I were a reporter I would probably write about it.
It's not the same as describing the contents or a purse after an accident unless the accident involved committing a crime.
We don't know where the pill bottles were. they could have been in some sort of a duffle bag, backpack, brown paper bag or rolling around on the floor of the car, again, we're getting half of a story, maybe only a third....we don't know. We're getting a little bit of a half of a story, if they can't tell us everything, then tell nothing and wait. I'm not sure that evidence is public record, I didn't think so, I think some police officer reported this.
by SewTexas
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 am
Forum: Prayer Requests & Updates
Topic: Wreck kills local church goers
Replies: 44
Views: 5763

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

bblhd672 wrote:
SewTexas wrote:that's irresponsible writing. think about your wife's, purse and what could be written about her after an accident, your mother's. Is that what you would want?
He admitted to taking the Ambien and Lexapro. As far as I know that's all. So yeh, he would have been pretty much asleep, and should be charged with some sort of DUI or something. But I haven't read anywhere that tox results have come back or that he had taken anything else or smoked the pot that day. None of the cops said, "they were still smoking" or "they were warm" or whatever....
it's obvious the kid has a problem and needs help. And yes, I hope he goes to prison for a long time. But, I also would like to hold the media to the truth.
:headscratch You're defending the indefensible. Straw man argument all you want, but this "kid" (not, he's 20 years old and an adult) killed 13 people with his deliberate actions. Whether he had a joint lit and smoking it at the time of the crash in immaterial.
You are correct, tox results have not been made public, but I don't see how it's relevant based upon the evidence recovered at the scene and his own admissions of the pills he had taken. Texting while driving was the least of his offenses.

I'm not defending him at all. I don't think anything I said was a defense. I simply pointed out the facts. Yes, there were pills, "on the seat". We don't know where those pills came from. Had he just come from Walgreens picking up meds for his mother? Had he been at a pill party the night before? We don't know! He admitted to taking to pills and texting, if he admitted that, he would have said if there were more.
I'd like for him to go to prison for a long time. I don't think he will though. A good defense lawyer will keep him out, easily.
by SewTexas
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:51 am
Forum: Prayer Requests & Updates
Topic: Wreck kills local church goers
Replies: 44
Views: 5763

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

Jusme wrote:
WildBill wrote:
The driver of the truck, 20-year-old Jack Dillon Young, was recorded swerving in and out of his lane March 29 before the bus crash.
Young said he consumed the prescription medications clonazepam, Ambien and Lexapro and was distracted by his cellphone before the
crash, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety affidavit for a search warrant obtained by KENS-TV.

Several medications were found in the front seat of Young’s pickup, including 29 doses of the sedative zolpidem in a bottle,
30 pills of the antidepressant escitalopram and empty bottles of the anti-anxiety drug clonazepam and prazosin, a drug to treat
high blood pressure, investigator Scott Hewitt stated, according to KENS-TV. Several marijuana cigarettes, most of them partially
smoked, were reportedly also found in the pickup's center console.
:banghead:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2 ... -killed-13

He was almost comatose then. I hope they charge him with 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter.

that's irresponsible writing. think about your wife's, purse and what could be written about her after an accident, your mother's. Is that what you would want?
He admitted to taking the Ambien and Lexapro. As far as I know that's all. So yeh, he would have been pretty much asleep, and should be charged with some sort of DUI or something. But I haven't read anywhere that tox results have come back or that he had taken anything else or smoked the pot that day. None of the cops said, "they were still smoking" or "they were warm" or whatever....
it's obvious the kid has a problem and needs help. And yes, I hope he goes to prison for a long time. But, I also would like to hold the media to the truth.
by SewTexas
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:21 pm
Forum: Prayer Requests & Updates
Topic: Wreck kills local church goers
Replies: 44
Views: 5763

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

OlBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
OlBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
OlBill wrote:The legislature needs to put a law on the Governor's desk and he needs to sign it.

why? it's against the law to text and drive in San Antonio....do you know how many people I see do it, when I get out? Heck, everywhere I drive in this area it's illegal....and every other driver is doing it. Nothing the Gov does is going to stop it. Maybe this will actually do something, if that's actually what happened.
Same thing they said about seatbelts.


and most people didn't start wearing them because they had to, they started wearing them because they learned that it was safer. Yeh, some wore them because they didn't want the ticket, but most wore them because of the safety.
We don't need a law that says every time you look down you're suspected of having a phone in your lap when in fact you might have been brushing away a bug. It's a bad law.
It's a good law. People are addicted and have zero self control on this subject.

and when you get a ticket becuase you were brushing away a bug, or scratching your leg....
understand, these laws are among the ones where you are "guilty until proven innocent"....

the kid who caused this accident wasn't just texting, he had taken Ambien and Lexapro, during the day, Ambien is a night-time med....smart money says his defense is going to be "I didn't know I was driving, I'd taken Ambien." Then he'll only be guilty of taking a stupid med that everyone knows makes you do stupid stuff.
~
by SewTexas
Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:13 am
Forum: Prayer Requests & Updates
Topic: Wreck kills local church goers
Replies: 44
Views: 5763

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

OlBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
OlBill wrote:The legislature needs to put a law on the Governor's desk and he needs to sign it.

why? it's against the law to text and drive in San Antonio....do you know how many people I see do it, when I get out? Heck, everywhere I drive in this area it's illegal....and every other driver is doing it. Nothing the Gov does is going to stop it. Maybe this will actually do something, if that's actually what happened.
Same thing they said about seatbelts.

and most people didn't start wearing them because they had to, they started wearing them because they learned that it was safer. Yeh, some wore them because they didn't want the ticket, but most wore them because of the safety.
We don't need a law that says every time you look down you're suspected of having a phone in your lap when in fact you might have been brushing away a bug. It's a bad law.
by SewTexas
Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:36 pm
Forum: Prayer Requests & Updates
Topic: Wreck kills local church goers
Replies: 44
Views: 5763

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

OlBill wrote:The legislature needs to put a law on the Governor's desk and he needs to sign it.

why? it's against the law to text and drive in San Antonio....do you know how many people I see do it, when I get out? Heck, everywhere I drive in this area it's illegal....and every other driver is doing it. Nothing the Gov does is going to stop it. Maybe this will actually do something, if that's actually what happened.
by SewTexas
Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 pm
Forum: Prayer Requests & Updates
Topic: Wreck kills local church goers
Replies: 44
Views: 5763

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

bblhd672 wrote:
stroo wrote:I just saw a news report that the driver of the pickup was texting while driving. Ended up killing a bunch of people.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/ ... 041354.php

I suspected either texting or impairment via alcohol/drugs.

I've seen both texting and drunk. The texting from the above article, the drunk from "someone who knows an EMT" in comments on FB although it was said several different times by different people relating the comments to EMT's and Cops....so until I see something official from NTSB, I'll still with just being suspicious. I do hope, however, that the kid is on suicide watch.
by SewTexas
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:26 am
Forum: Prayer Requests & Updates
Topic: Wreck kills local church goers
Replies: 44
Views: 5763

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

this has just rocked the whole area around here...and I haven't gone up to New Braunfels yet today. It's just awful. One survivor from that church van, in critical condition...at this point....

Return to “Wreck kills local church goers”