Anyone personally know of an open range?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1


howdy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Katy

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#16

Post by howdy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:47 pm

American Shooting Center in west Houston is open https://www.americanshootingcenters.com/ Also Boyert Indoor range in Katy is open.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

User avatar

TxRVer
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Red Oak

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#17

Post by TxRVer » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:50 am

Colion Noir recently revealed on Youtube that he shoots at Texas Defensive Shooting Academy outside of Ferris. Because of the video, I assume the range is open.

Charlie

User avatar

Lena
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:51 pm
Location: Cash Texas

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#18

Post by Lena » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 am

From the amount of vehicles there B-Tactile exit 87 I30 east by me seems open I am by there very often, my private club is open but all matches are suspended, will be there tomorrow I hope. Thinking mud will be dried up by now hopefully. My friend has 2 new range toys to sight in. Other than my 8" 9mm AR a loss on what to take, the AR goes every trip. Thinking on changing the trip to today as to breeze here. My want to kicked in bad. Good rural isolated place to be also and close by.

Heck with tomorrow leaving shortly for range may fish tomorrow
Stay Safe


surprise_i'm_armed
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 am
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#19

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 am

The other day strogg and I shot at Texas Gun Experience on Main St., Grapevine.

Nice range but you get 60 minutes. At other ranges you can stay as long as you wish.

For ammo seekers: they had a pallet of 9MM, 124 grain, FMJ, made in Hungary.
They also had a pallet of .45 ACP, 230 grain, FMJ, American made, $19.95 per 50 rounds.

SIA
If you want a friend in this town......get a dog.
Harry S. Truman, speaking of Washington, DC.


Terryr21
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 am
Location: DFW

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#20

Post by Terryr21 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:25 pm

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 am
The other day strogg and I shot at Texas Gun Experience on Main St., Grapevine.

Nice range but you get 60 minutes. At other ranges you can stay as long as you wish.

For ammo seekers: they had a pallet of 9MM, 124 grain, FMJ, made in Hungary.
They also had a pallet of .45 ACP, 230 grain, FMJ, American made, $19.95 per 50 rounds.

SIA

That’s a ditto on SIA’s thoughts about TGE. The hour goes quick but yes very nice range. Crossfire Defense Academy in Flower Mound was an awesome range (had preprogrammed dynamic targets), sadly they closed down last year.

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#21

Post by oljames3 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Shoot Point Blank range is open from 10am to noon, for members only, and for classes.
We are temporarily adjusting our retail hours to 12pm - 6pm daily until further notice. Our range operations are currently closed, except to members (10am-12pm) daily and for class qualification purposes. The adjusted hours will provide additional time for associates to restock shelves and perform cleaning.
https://shootpointblank.com/response-to-covid-19
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 12956
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#22

Post by C-dub » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:23 pm

I was out at Quail Creek off I-35W & FM1171 with a friend last Friday. Seemed business as usual and the range-master was pretty cool. No hassles at all. I don't think I'd been there in at least 10 years. A lot bigger than I remembered and there's even bathrooms now.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 9321
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#23

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:26 pm

C-dub wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:23 pm
I was out at Quail Creek off I-35W & FM1171 with a friend last Friday. Seemed business as usual and the range-master was pretty cool. No hassles at all. I don't think I'd been there in at least 10 years. A lot bigger than I remembered and there's even bathrooms now.
There is a blast from my past. I use to go out there weekly some 25 odd years ago.


Topic author
SA-TX
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Ellis County now; adios Dallas!

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#24

Post by SA-TX » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:08 pm

TxRVer wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:50 am
Colion Noir recently revealed on Youtube that he shoots at Texas Defensive Shooting Academy outside of Ferris. Because of the video, I assume the range is open.

I watch his stuff sometimes. Great to know since Ferris isn't far from me. :tiphat:

SA-TX


SigM4
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Willow Park

Re: Anyone personally know of an open range?

#25

Post by SigM4 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 pm

SA-TX wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:08 pm
TxRVer wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:50 am
Colion Noir recently revealed on Youtube that he shoots at Texas Defensive Shooting Academy outside of Ferris. Because of the video, I assume the range is open.

I watch his stuff sometimes. Great to know since Ferris isn't far from me. :tiphat:

SA-TX
Just don’t go after it rains. That place is a mud hole during the spring.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Post Reply

Return to “Shooting Ranges”