New Range in McKinney opening soon

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

New Range in McKinney opening soon

Post by Tex1961 »

I wanted to let everyone know that there is a new Range in McKinney, Texas that will be opening soon. Probably end of this month.

It's called The Range in McKinney http://www.therangeinmckinney.com

The website isn't fully populated yet, but a lot of information is there already. I'm posting because I have been able to secure a position as one of the Range Instructors and part time RSO. The most impressive thing is the new Video 300 degree video simulator room that is being setup for training. 18 bays and the newest in fresh air units for the range. We're still working out all of the details on operation, but lots of exciting things from the owner.

Mike

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Range in McKinney opening soon

Post by carlson1 »

Looks good to me.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:14 am I wanted to let everyone know that there is a new Range in McKinney, Texas that will be opening soon. Probably end of this month.

The website isn't fully populated yet, but a lot of information is there already. I'm posting because I have been able to secure a position as one of the Range Instructors and part time RSO. The most impressive thing is the new Video 300 degree video simulator room that is being setup for training. 18 bays and the newest in fresh air units for the range. We're still working out all of the details on operation, but lots of exciting things from the owner.

Mike
Apperas it will be a quality facility and I wish them great success. Make sure they get on the NRA list of "places to shoot"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

puma guy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:17 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:14 am I wanted to let everyone know that there is a new Range in McKinney, Texas that will be opening soon. Probably end of this month.

Mike
Apperas it will be a quality facility and I wish them great success. Make sure they get on the NRA list of "places to shoot"
Will do. I’ve been to almost every range in the DFW area and this one so far is the nicest. The simulator is pretty cool.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:41 pm

Mike
Will do. I’ve been to almost every range in the DFW area and this one so far is the nicest. The simulator is pretty cool.
I visit the DFW area often in Mansfield. I've been to most of the ranges in and around that area and have been to Elm Fork a few times, but McKinney is a little too far. There's a gun shop Marksmen that has been working to build a range for a couple of years, but seems to always be delayed. At any rate it's good to see a venture like this one and I wish them great success. If I get up to Farmersville or Greenville to visit relatives maybe I can make a left turn on the way.

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

puma guy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:14 pm

Mike
I visit the DFW area often in Mansfield. I've been to most of the ranges in and around that area and have been to Elm Fork a few times, but McKinney is a little too far. There's a gun shop Marksmen that has been working to build a range for a couple of years, but seems to always be delayed. At any rate it's good to see a venture like this one and I wish them great success. If I get up to Farmersville or Greenville to visit relatives maybe I can make a left turn on the way.
Just gimme a heads up if you do. Always open to helping a fellow member.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:18 pm
puma guy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:14 pm

Mike
Just gimme a heads up if you do. Always open to helping a fellow member.
:thumbs2:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Congratulations on your range.
The more local ranges, the better we are as a community of local shooters.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Beiruty wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:39 am Congratulations on your range.
The more local ranges, the better we are as a community of local shooters.
Agreed. This is great news.

Best of luck to them on a successful range!

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I wish you the best of luck. In the past that city and the county have not been range friendly. Dot all your i's and cross your t's. They forced the outdoor one that used to be east of the city on US380 to shut down many years ago and i know of a couple others that tried to get one going north of town off hwy 5. Hope things have changed for the better.
N5PNZ

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

2farnorth wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 am I wish you the best of luck. In the past that city and the county have not been range friendly. Dot all your i's and cross your t's. They forced the outdoor one that used to be east of the city on US380 to shut down many years ago and i know of a couple others that tried to get one going north of town off hwy 5. Hope things have changed for the better.
Appreciate that. I know the owner has been working on this for the past two or so years. They seem to not have any problems with the McKinney city Council granting permission. If you know that area of town, they are located out near the McKinney airport area which is more of an industrial area anyway.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”