Recommendation for indoor shooting near Sugar Land?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Recommendation for indoor shooting near Sugar Land?

Post by OldCannon »

Have a friend that lives in Sugar Land. He's buying two pistols from me (one for him, one for wife). He wants to get proper training and LTC for them. I don't live in the Houston area, so don't really have a recommendation, although I've heard some decent things about Full Armor near Katy (a bit far from SL tho).
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Recommendation for indoor shooting near Sugar Land?

Post by Grayling813 »

OldCannon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:43 am Have a friend that lives in Sugar Land. He's buying two pistols from me (one for him, one for wife). He wants to get proper training and LTC for them. I don't live in the Houston area, so don't really have a recommendation, although I've heard some decent things about Full Armor near Katy (a bit far from SL tho).
RangeUSA is opening a location in Richmond which isn't too far from Sugar Land. The website doesn't say when though.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Texas Gun Club in Stafford. Not that far from Sugar Land and per a phone call I made they do offer some basic classes as well as advanced. Guy I spoke with said there's some info on the website and mentioned one called Handguns 101. Always nice to help a new shooter.
832-539-7000
https://texasgunclub.com/
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott in Houston »

Big fan of Texas Gun Club. Its address is Stafford, but it's literally on the border with Sugar Land. (Near Dulles HS)
I live in Katy, but parents are in SL and I go there whenever I can. Good staff, nice showroom, and I've heard decent instruction.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

OldCannon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:43 am Have a friend that lives in Sugar Land. He's buying two pistols from me (one for him, one for wife). He wants to get proper training and LTC for them. I don't live in the Houston area, so don't really have a recommendation, although I've heard some decent things about Full Armor near Katy (a bit far from SL tho).
I forgot to mention that PSC Shooting Club in Friendswood has a very good course for women once a month on Saturdays that she may want to attend. PSC Membership is not required.
https://www.pscshootingclub.com/index.p ... -s-program
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:46 am
RangeUSA is opening a location in Richmond which isn't too far from Sugar Land. The website doesn't say when though.
I live right near this new location and definitely want to check it out. I can't find anything about their range restrictions online though, so I may just need to wait until they open.

I want to make sure they don't have any restrictions that will impact me (like no "rapid" fire, having to inspect my ammo, etc).

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:29 pm
I live right near this new location and definitely want to check it out. I can't find anything about their range restrictions online though, so I may just need to wait until they open.

I want to make sure they don't have any restrictions that will impact me (like no "rapid" fire, having to inspect my ammo, etc).
Recently went to the location in Round Rock. Hourly rate now $22/hr for 1st shooter, $12/hr for second. There’s now an annual $6 “range maintenance fee” as well.
Below are the range rules.
https://rangeusa.com/range-rules

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:29 pm

I finally had a chance to stop by this location. Real nice people but a couple restrictive rules that will make it unlikely for me, personally, to visit.

No rapid fire.

No drawing from holsters.

No shotgun ammo except slugs (this one was very weird).

FFL transfers were $25.

For me, Boyert is a better fit, and they're pretty close to this location.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”