Another range bites the dust

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Another range bites the dust

Post by puma guy »

Pasadena Gun Center located in the old Long's Theater building started back in 1973 I believe has closed their doors. Great people throughout the years and through out the different ownership. Very layed back place. FFL transfers for LTC only $15 and only an extra $5 for additional transfers for LTC. The city started a street construction project that was the Cous de gras to the business. Besides limiting access for way too long their parallel parking on their side of the street was eliminated. I sold some guns back in the day to the founders prior to the startup of the range. Sad to see it go.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another range bites the dust

Post by OneGun »

Their website is still up and running.... Sure they are closed?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

OneGun wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:17 am Their website is still up and running.... Sure they are closed?
Yes. I picked up a gun on May 9th and the owner informed me their last day of business would be Saturday May 13. Their phone is no longer in service. I don't know why the website is still up. I purchased a pistol from Grab-a-gun a week ago and they are still listed in the data base for a FFL transfer option. I used Marksman in South Houston for the transfer.
I had planned to go for a last hurrah range trip, but something came up and I couldn't go. She did say they were looking for a buyer, but with the parking issues I am not optimistic that will happen.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

I took a buddy there and he told me it was his favorite movie theater of all time!

I've got some great memories there. Full auto with the M16 and a Beta-mag! :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Shooting Ranges”