Any ranges near Cleveland?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
too-tall
Posts in topic: 2

Any ranges near Cleveland?

Post by too-tall »

Any place around the Cleveland area to shoot handguns? They have closed all the National Forest areas around here except one and it is only open around deer season.
Thanks
Too Tall
" Behind every silver lining,
there is a cloud..." NRA Life Member

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Thunder Gun Range on FM 1314, just south of SR242 is probably the closest. There is an active IDPA group and the ranges are servicable for practice. We have worked with the range owner over the past three years and we have seen a tremendous amount of improvement in the facility.

Topic author
too-tall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by too-tall »

Hey SRVA...

Do you know how much it cost to join and shoot IDPA at Thunder Range? I have been thinking about getting into it.
That will probably be the closet one.
Thanks..

Too Tall
" Behind every silver lining,
there is a cloud..." NRA Life Member

dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dws1117 »

We have worked with the range owner over the past three years and we have seen a tremendous amount of improvement in the facility.
I can vouch for this statement. I don't shoot IDPA, yet, but you can see where improvement is going on. I have only shot there once, but mine was an enjoyable experience. I will be going back.

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Too-Tall,

Thunder IDPA shoots the second Saturday of each month, every Wednesday evening at 6:30, every Sunday we have a practice session, and any month that has a 5th Saturday, we do something fun. Plenty of opportunity to shoot (a lot!).

Cost of the monthly match is $15, cost of Wednesday is $12. There is also an annual fee to the club of $20 to cover insurance, payed at your first match of the year. Come on out and have some fun.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”