Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Seminar: New Texas Sport Shooting Range Protection Laws

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

http://www.RangeProtection.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Chas.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Seminar: New Texas Sport Shooting Range Protection Laws

Post by sjfcontrol »

$250? And your register link doesn't work. "click here" doesn't click
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

sjfcontrol wrote:$250?
What's your question?
sjfcontrol wrote:And your register link doesn't work. "click here" doesn't click
Thanks, it's fixed. The registration link at the top of the page worked, but this link was missed.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Unlike the several fee seminars I offer, this is a 4 hour legal seminar for people running commercial operations that just happen to be shooting ranges.

Chas.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Unlike the several fee seminars I offer, this is a 4 hour legal seminar for people running commercial operations that just happen to be shooting ranges.

Chas.
OK -- I've been interested in opening a range for some time now, and therefore have an interest in the subject matter. However, as it doesn't seem to be something that's going to happen soon, I couldn't justify spending that kind of money. In the past your seminars have been free, or you've spoken of fees based upon the cost of the venue. The $250 was something of a surprise.

Of course, I recognize you have the right to charge any amount you feel is justified. :tiphat:
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

sjfcontrol wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
OK -- I've been interested in opening a range for some time now, and therefore have an interest in the subject matter. However, as it doesn't seem to be something that's going to happen soon, I couldn't justify spending that kind of money. In the past your seminars have been free, or you've spoken of fees based upon the cost of the venue. The $250 was something of a surprise.
I still offer free seminars for gun owners and I've done a lot of pro bono work for CHL and applicants. I don't represent commercial entities for free anymore than they let gun owners use their facilities for free.

Chas.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I still offer free seminars for gun owners and I've done a lot of pro bono work for CHL and applicants. I don't represent commercial entities for free anymore than they let gun owners use their facilities for free.

Chas.
No problem, Charles. I was most likely out of line to bring it up. I apologize.
I certainly recognize all you've done for gun owners and CHLs. Nobody can fault your work for us. :cheers2:
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I wonder if the owner of Garland Shooting Range will attend?

Chas.

Richard_B
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Richard_B »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:http://www.RangeProtection.com.

Chas.
It's been hacked.

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

Some people's children. :mad5 :banghead: :fire Bored Hooligans.....
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DocV

Post by DocV »

Richard_B wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:http://www.RangeProtection.com.

Chas.
It's been hacked.
Actually, instructorconference.com, has been hacked. Unfortunately, that is the same host as the forum,

Feed&Guns

Post by Feed&Guns »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Chas.
Really bugs me when people want legal services (or any services) for free. Bugs me when people ask me for an hours worth of advice on how to shoot or on holster selection or to touch half the guns in my display without wanting to sign up for a class or buy a gun. Same concept. My NFA Trust lawyer was trying to justify his $300 fee and I interrupted him and said "$300 is cheap for good legal advice". He says people always want to compare it to some boilerplate $59 online form and expect him to do it for that or less. But then they want $15 minimum wage and most people wouldn't volunteer two minutes of their time for anything. Amazing. If someone were looking to open a range and wanted legal advice, I'm sure $250 would be a very reasonable investment. They're getting ready to spend $100,000 to multi-million dollars on a facility. What's $250? Sheesh!
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Texas Certified CHL/LTC Instructor
FFL 01 SOT 3 - www.aparmory.net

Return to “Shooting Ranges”