Fire at DFW Gun Range?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

eureka40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fire at DFW Gun Range?

Post by eureka40 »

I agree with the newbie idea. The last gun show I was at was full of them. Fingers on triggers, muzzle sweeping, etc....

And the only AR ammo I'm seeing out there is tracer.

Like Andy said, name and shame.
TSRA Life Memeber

stroo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stroo »

You know I think I left all my ARs and AKs there. All burned up! :cryin :cryin :tiphat:

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

Certain certified levels of moron need to be banned from gun ranges and the ability to own a firearm.

"What the heck, I guess I'll shoot these phosphorous tracer rounds at the rubber backstop at this indoor range....they will never notice...Besides, what is the worst that can happen....NEWMAN!!!!"
Last edited by v-rog on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

QB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by QB »

I sent DFW an email and here's the update from Kimberly (email below):

As you may have heard, the range is currently closed for the time being due to a recent fire. As far as any classes you may have been scheduled for, all refunds via PayPal will be scheduled to hit approximately sometime next week. If you paid through the register in store, we are compiling a list of refunds that need to be made and you will be contacted next week.

As for our valued members, we will be in contact with you over the next couple of weeks in regards to your memberships.

For transfers, connections will be established once we have a count of our inventory. It should be sometime next week.

We appreciate your patience and your business. We are all working our hardest to make sure our customers are taken care of.

Kimberly Black
Chief Operations Officer
DFW Gun Range &Training Center
(214)630-4866 Ext. 103
1607 W. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, Texas 75235
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Gameover

Post by Gameover »

I've been to a dozen or so indoor ranges and all have had rules regarding the types ammo you can use. Has anyone ever been checked or seen someone being checked?
Question everything

RX8er
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RX8er »

Gameover wrote:I've been to a dozen or so indoor ranges and all have had rules regarding the types ammo you can use. Has anyone ever been checked or seen someone being checked?
Both...

I am at Shoot Smart in Fort Worth. They regularly swipe with a magnet ring and often will ask to "see" your ammo. They too, had a small fire a couple weeks ago from someone using tracer rounds but it smoldered instead of flared up.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Heard today the person fired a whole mag full of tracers. That may have made a difference. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Keith B wrote:Heard today the person fired a whole mag full of tracers. That may have made a difference. :banghead:
I've never fired tracers indoors so I am asking.... Could these not have been seen by other shooters? I know outside you can see them flying down range.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

RX8er wrote:
Keith B wrote:Heard today the person fired a whole mag full of tracers. That may have made a difference. :banghead:
I've never fired tracers indoors so I am asking.... Could these not have been seen by other shooters? I know outside you can see them flying down range.
I have fired them indoors on the AFPD range in NY. It takes so little time for the round to transit 50 feet that it just appears as a flash, not much different from muzzle flash except longer.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

jimlongley wrote:
RX8er wrote:
Keith B wrote:
I have fired them indoors on the AFPD range in NY. It takes so little time for the round to transit 50 feet that it just appears as a flash, not much different from muzzle flash except longer.
Thanks... Figured as much. Now I know.

knotquiteawake
Posts in topic: 3

Post by knotquiteawake »

RX8er wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
RX8er wrote:
Keith B wrote:
AND KNOWING IS 1/2 THE BATTLE!

G. I. JOE!

(Sorry... its just impossible for me to not read "Now I know" without hearing GI Joe shouting "and knowing is 1/2 the battle!")

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

knotquiteawake wrote:
RX8er wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
RX8er wrote:
Keith B wrote:
AND KNOWING IS 1/2 THE BATTLE!
[ Image ]

G. I. JOE!

(Sorry... its just impossible for me to not read "Now I know" without hearing GI Joe shouting "and knowing is 1/2 the battle!")

Now come on, you are dating yourself!!! ;-)

stroo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stroo »

From DFW Gun Range's Facebook:

Range Fire Remediation Begins (4 photos)

I have great news to announce! We have started rebuilding! The fire was contained by the firewall to the shooting range(s) and gym only. The firewall between the Shooting range and retail did its job and stopped any further damage. Most importantly no one was hurt! The remediation for water and smoke has begun. We will come back better than ever. Classes are beginning once again at our temporary location one block from the range. We are also doing transfers and Class III sales. Stay tuned for more to come and check our website for training and other services as they are brought back online.
— at DFW Gun Range and Training Center.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Post by C-dub »

Very good news. I am happy for them. :clapping:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

stroo wrote:From DFW Gun Range's Facebook:

Range Fire Remediation Begins (4 photos)

I have great news to announce! We have started rebuilding! The fire was contained by the firewall to the shooting range(s) and gym only. The firewall between the Shooting range and retail did its job and stopped any further damage. Most importantly no one was hurt! The remediation for water and smoke has begun. We will come back better than ever. Classes are beginning once again at our temporary location one block from the range. We are also doing transfers and Class III sales. Stay tuned for more to come and check our website for training and other services as they are brought back online.
— at DFW Gun Range and Training Center.

That is good news in the middle of a sad event. Hang in there and come back better than ever. :patriot: :thumbs2: :hurry:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”