Frisco Gun Club

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
BSB
Posts in topic: 2

Frisco Gun Club

Post by BSB »

I drove down Elderado yesterday and noticed that they have broke ground. They had some concrete down, parking and foundation.
I also had a chance to visit Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville. TOP NOTCH..Strong on safety, which they should be, but nice about it. Rules are a cross between outdoor ranges and indoor. For instance they want all guns out and locked open. I don't have a problem at all with their rules and had a great shooting range experience, for a change. Oh and they will let you shoot FMJ as long as it is not tracer type. We all know what that does to an indoor range. :shock:

Thats all I got today,

BSB

mewalke

Re: Frisco Gun Club

Post by mewalke »

I still need to stop by Eagle since they are one of the closest indoor ranges to me.

Where in Frisco are they building a new gun range? Good to hear that more facilities are popping up.

Topic author
BSB

Post by BSB »

From Dallas tollway east about a mile. I think it is Resource and Elderado.

rentz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rentz »

BSB wrote:From Dallas tollway east about a mile. I think it is Resource and Elderado.
Yeah it's over by the soccer stadium area

According to their website the cost is per the hour

booze97

Post by booze97 »

rentz wrote:
BSB wrote:From Dallas tollway east about a mile. I think it is Resource and Elderado.
Yeah it's over by the soccer stadium area

According to their website the cost is per the hour
And it's way too much $$$$ per hour. Ouch. I thought it was bad when they were talking about $18/day...

And FYI, the same group (basically it's the owner of the Bullet Trap and a couple of other investors) got a permit to build another indoor range in McKinney at the corner of Custer Rd and Virginia Pkwy.

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

They'll be bankrupt pretty quick if the ammo situation doesn't open up in a big hurry...... :biggrinjester:

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

bagman45 wrote:They'll be bankrupt pretty quick if the ammo situation doesn't open up in a big hurry...... :biggrinjester:
actually most ranges have ammo for you to buy at reasonable prices BUT you have to shoot ALL the ammo before you leave. You are not allowed ot hoard it.

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

Define "reasonable"; do you mean pre-Sandy Hook, or post-Sandy hook prices????? :biggrinjester:

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

bagman45 wrote:Define "reasonable"; do you mean pre-Sandy Hook, or post-Sandy hook prices????? :biggrinjester:
Resonable = more expensive than Wallyworld, but cheaper than the wild eyed guy at the gun show. I was charged $30 per 50 count box of .380 factory ammo before DFW Guns burned down. I thought that was reasonable since the guys at the gun show charged twice that for factory ammo and charged that for reloads.

jbenat

Post by jbenat »

Drove by the Frisco Gun Club recently. The walls are about up and they are working on the interior, I think. I was real excited when I heard they were putting a gun range in Frisco, since I am about ten minutes from the location. Then I saw the prices! WTH!!! $300.00 a year (family membership) and $10.00 PER HOUR! It usually takes us about 10 or 15 minutes to set up and then to gather up my stuff when I leave. That doesn't leave much shooting time unless we go into the 2nd hour. For the two of us that would be $40.00 plus the high cost of ammo and $300.00 annually. All that and I can't even eat in their fancy restaurant!
Not sure if we will join. We may just go back to the Bullet Trap occasionally. Yeah, I know the same people own both ranges. :shock: :???:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

jbenat wrote:Drove by the Frisco Gun Club recently. The walls are about up and they are working on the interior, I think. I was real excited when I heard they were putting a gun range in Frisco, since I am about ten minutes from the location. Then I saw the prices! WTH!!! $300.00 a year (family membership) and $10.00 PER HOUR! It usually takes us about 10 or 15 minutes to set up and then to gather up my stuff when I leave. That doesn't leave much shooting time unless we go into the 2nd hour. For the two of us that would be $40.00 plus the high cost of ammo and $300.00 annually. All that and I can't even eat in their fancy restaurant!
Not sure if we will join. We may just go back to the Bullet Trap occasionally. Yeah, I know the same people own both ranges. :shock: :???:
I paid $360 for 1 yr and and there is no per hr range fees. Next yr, the yr membership would be $410 still no range fees.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jbenat

Post by jbenat »

Beiruty wrote:
jbenat wrote:Drove by the Frisco Gun Club recently. The walls are about up and they are working on the interior, I think. I was real excited when I heard they were putting a gun range in Frisco, since I am about ten minutes from the location. Then I saw the prices! WTH!!! $300.00 a year (family membership) and $10.00 PER HOUR! It usually takes us about 10 or 15 minutes to set up and then to gather up my stuff when I leave. That doesn't leave much shooting time unless we go into the 2nd hour. For the two of us that would be $40.00 plus the high cost of ammo and $300.00 annually. All that and I can't even eat in their fancy restaurant!
I paid $360 for 1 yr and and there is no per hr range fees. Next yr, the yr membership would be $410 still no range fees.
For the Platinum Family Membership (only two of us) the price is $600.00 (renewal fee of $675.00) per year. And, I am still barred from the fancy restaurant! I really don't care about eating at the fancy restaurant (there are plenty in Frisco) but for $600.00 a year I don't like being a 2nd class citizen. :nono:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

equin

Post by equin »

Man, I thought $250/yr at an outdoor private range was high!

Anyway, hopefully these indoor and outdoor ranges are profitable enough to allow for more to open in the area.
Ed

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

equin wrote:Man, I thought $250/yr at an outdoor private range was high!

Anyway, hopefully these indoor and outdoor ranges are profitable enough to allow for more to open in the area.
Actually, they are actively suppressing them.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

mewalke

Post by mewalke »

sjfcontrol wrote:
equin wrote:Man, I thought $250/yr at an outdoor private range was high!

Actually, they are actively suppressing them.
Who is "they"? Existing ranges? Or governments?

Return to “Shooting Ranges”