joined parker county sportsman club today

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
Hibbidydoo
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:48 pm
Location: fort worth/saginaw

joined parker county sportsman club today

#1

Post by Hibbidydoo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Pretty excited.

I didnt stick around to shoot because I work every saturday and had to beg for today off so I could go to the orientation, and I would rather spend the saturday off with the kids.

Seems to be a pretty nice facility. Looks like the members work hard to keep it in shape.



Anyway, thoyght id share my excitement :fire

:anamatedbanana :woohoo

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25664
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#2

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Very cool! I've kicked around joining for a while now but had procrastinated because of the 1 hour drive. But I would like to have access to further than 100 yards for zeroing a couple of my rifles, and the membership fee is unbeatable. If I had known that today was the new membership meeting, I would have come. But I've calendared it for September 7th, so I'll join then.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

User avatar

kragluver
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Aledo, Texas

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#3

Post by kragluver » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Welcome to the club (and AM - you really need to join)! You will find me out there on most every other Friday as I have it off work. Lots of good folks out there.

The Krag rifle is the Swiss watch of MILSURPS.
NRA Member
TSRA Member


Topic author
Hibbidydoo
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:48 pm
Location: fort worth/saginaw

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#4

Post by Hibbidydoo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:43 am

kragluver wrote:Welcome to the club (and AM - you really need to join)! You will find me out there on most every other Friday as I have it off work. Lots of good folks out there.

Thanks!

And I agree, you should join. The place is pretty nice and well worth the drive


SigM4
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Willow Park

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#5

Post by SigM4 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Welcome aboard. I have a friend that will drive from uptown Dallas just to meet me out there. Not a whole lot of places like it in the DFW area. Now that we're moving to Missouri I'm going to miss it. But knowing we'll be back at some point in the future and that I'm down once every couple months I think I'm going to keep my membership active. I'd hate to move back only to find out that there's now a waiting list to join back up.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25664
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#6

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:42 pm

kragluver wrote:Welcome to the club (and AM - you really need to join)! You will find me out there on most every other Friday as I have it off work. Lots of good folks out there.
I finally made it out there today, as a guest of strider67. We walked around and checked the place out, and then I spent an hour or so on the 200 yard line with my Remington 700. I really did like what I saw, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be there next weekend for the next new-members meeting.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

User avatar

strider67
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:18 am
Location: Weatherford, Tx

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#7

Post by strider67 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:00 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
kragluver wrote:Welcome to the club (and AM - you really need to join)! You will find me out there on most every other Friday as I have it off work. Lots of good folks out there.
I finally made it out there today, as a guest of strider67. We walked around and checked the place out, and then I spent an hour or so on the 200 yard line with my Remington 700. I really did like what I saw, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be there next weekend for the next new-members meeting.
It was my absolute pleasure. I hope you do make that meeting next weekend, as I have no doubt that the TAM Family would be a most welcome asset out there... :cheers2:

(plus I want to shoot your 700 again... :mrgreen: )
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25664
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#8

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:30 pm

strider67 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
kragluver wrote:Welcome to the club (and AM - you really need to join)! You will find me out there on most every other Friday as I have it off work. Lots of good folks out there.
I finally made it out there today, as a guest of strider67. We walked around and checked the place out, and then I spent an hour or so on the 200 yard line with my Remington 700. I really did like what I saw, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be there next weekend for the next new-members meeting.
It was my absolute pleasure. I hope you do make that meeting next weekend, as I have no doubt that the TAM Family would be a most welcome asset out there... :cheers2:

(plus I want to shoot your 700 again... :mrgreen: )
Hey, I want to shoot my 700 again. :lol: One thing for sure is that I'm going to have to step up my reloading efforts. I'm going to be going through a lot more rifle ammo than I have for a while.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


SigM4
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Willow Park

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#9

Post by SigM4 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:13 am

How was the new "eyebrow" and other work on Range F strider67? I saw the newsletter yesterday but haven't been out there since before the first of the year. Should be back down in Fort Worth sometime in the coming month and will probably try to go spend 1/2 day out there at some point.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

User avatar

kragluver
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Aledo, Texas

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#10

Post by kragluver » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:27 am

The eyebrow is now complete and Range F is open again. On Friday I was speaking with the one of the men that helped do the work and he said that after a week, the new eyebrow already had about 20 bullet holes in it. They didn't penetrate so I guess its doing its job. Someone would have had to be deliberately shooting at it or maybe it was a kid shooting a 22 and not realizing his trajectory was "up". In the last year or two they have really made a lot of improvements out there. It is good to see our dues being put to good use!

The Krag rifle is the Swiss watch of MILSURPS.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

User avatar

strider67
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:18 am
Location: Weatherford, Tx

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#11

Post by strider67 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 pm

We saw all of those holes on Saturday. A bunch of them were on the same lane. If that's a kid that did that, then the adult needs to be taken behind the woodshed!!! :boxing
But other than that, everything is great, as kragluver says... :cheers2:

Sig, let me know when you're going and I'll get TAM's 700 and we will go shoot that! :smilelol5:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales


SigM4
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Willow Park

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#12

Post by SigM4 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:36 am

kragluver wrote:The eyebrow is now complete and Range F is open again. On Friday I was speaking with the one of the men that helped do the work and he said that after a week, the new eyebrow already had about 20 bullet holes in it. They didn't penetrate so I guess its doing its job. Someone would have had to be deliberately shooting at it or maybe it was a kid shooting a 22 and not realizing his trajectory was "up". In the last year or two they have really made a lot of improvements out there. It is good to see our dues being put to good use!
Good to hear. And yes, agree that I'm glad to see the dues being used wisely. I do wish that we could get more member participation at the work days, even if it had to be made mandatory. Either that, or add a $50 maintenance fee on to the yearly dues, to be reimbursed to anyone that attends two work days during the year. I think that would address some of the "ownership" issues brought up in the last newsletter.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25664
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#13

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:34 pm

SigM4 wrote:
kragluver wrote:The eyebrow is now complete and Range F is open again. On Friday I was speaking with the one of the men that helped do the work and he said that after a week, the new eyebrow already had about 20 bullet holes in it. They didn't penetrate so I guess its doing its job. Someone would have had to be deliberately shooting at it or maybe it was a kid shooting a 22 and not realizing his trajectory was "up". In the last year or two they have really made a lot of improvements out there. It is good to see our dues being put to good use!
Good to hear. And yes, agree that I'm glad to see the dues being used wisely. I do wish that we could get more member participation at the work days, even if it had to be made mandatory. Either that, or add a $50 maintenance fee on to the yearly dues, to be reimbursed to anyone that attends two work days during the year. I think that would address some of the "ownership" issues brought up in the last newsletter.
Well, I'll be out there tomorrow to join. As far as the work days go, I'm perfectly willing to help out to the extent of my physical capacity, which is fairly limited due to severe back issues. However, one thing that nobody seems to have addressed is the website, which looks like it was designed by a high school student in 1995, using FrontPage. I own a website design business, and I'd be happy to do a professionally redesigned site pro-bono, built on a modern content management system which would enable club officers to update the site with fresh content, images, file attachments, and embedded videos, all without having to know any particular programming or code-writing skills.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 25664
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#14

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:38 pm

I went out there this morning and went through both the regular and the shotgun rules/safety briefings, and signed up for both a regular and guest memberships. Great bunch of guys running the meeting. I'm glad I joined.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


Blue Demon
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:48 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: joined parker county sportsman club today

#15

Post by Blue Demon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:49 pm

The club management has made great strides in improvements this year and are to be commended for it. My wife and I went several times last year as guests and then both of us joined as members this January, great club and we appreciate it.

Post Reply

Return to “Shooting Ranges”