Houston, downtown

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
charliee
Posts in topic: 1

Houston, downtown

Post by charliee »

Are there any ranges near downtown Houston?

dcphoto

Re: Houston, downtown

Post by dcphoto »

philip964

Post by philip964 »

So the simpler answer is no. However, I suspect there is a gun range near Washington downtown, but it would be a private range, membership would be costly and difficult.

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

I have often thought that downtown Houston would be a great place for an indoor range. Maybe in one of the tunnels. People could come and shoot thru out the day, possibly with a closing time around 6:30 or 7:00. You might have lock boxes for people who carry, but work in a building that is posted. Mid-town is growing and I'm not aware of a range in that area.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Closest you'll find is Top Gun range. It's not too far off, and it's a great range, with great people working there.

There may be others to the east side, but I'm out west, so that's as far as I know.

Long term...my wife has a store in the Houston Heights, and I'd love to open a range down in that area if I can. It would irritate the local liberals soooo much!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

howdy

Post by howdy »

Top Gun in in the Galleria area and Memorial Shooting Center is in the Memorial City Mall area. Both are good ranges. The real estate is VERY pricey downtown so I think a shooting range would almost be out of the question.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

there is Pasadena gun range. It is a little getto for my taste though

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

Vol Texan wrote:Closest you'll find is Top Gun range. It's not too far off, and it's a great range, with great people working there.
You are kidding right? Most of the employees there act like wanabee police or military guys. My whole office stopped going there after a couple times of there shenanigans.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

winters wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:Closest you'll find is Top Gun range. It's not too far off, and it's a great range, with great people working there.
You are kidding right? Most of the employees there act like wanabee police or military guys. My whole office stopped going there after a couple times of there shenanigans.
Nope. I'm quite serious. I've had great service there. Here is an example of a situation where they went beyond my expectations: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69482

Additionally, they were always good at accommodating my 5-year old (at the time) daughter when I taught her how to shoot there.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I do recommend giving them a second shot.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Shooting Ranges”