Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Accidental Shooting at Frisco Gun Club Today

Post by Taypo »

cyphertext wrote:I read on another forum that it was a Ruger SR22 that came apart while shooting. The shrapnel was plastic bits of the pistol.
Of all the theories floating around, this is about the only thing I've heard that makes any sense.

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

Taypo wrote:
cyphertext wrote:I read on another forum that it was a Ruger SR22 that came apart while shooting. The shrapnel was plastic bits of the pistol.
Of all the theories floating around, this is about the only thing I've heard that makes any sense.
... And which makes me look at my SR-22 with just a little bit of prejudice... Hmmmm.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bmwrdr »

The cause is surely a item to look at but the injury was minor.
I was surprised about the way the female reporter presented the event as a shooting instead of reporting the previous publishe facts.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I was there this weekend and had no idea... Sounds like he is, but I hope the guy that took the shrapnel is ok.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

rentz

Post by rentz »

while this incident didnt appear to be a safety related issue i do think FGC could use some adjustments to their safety.
I've noticed fewer and fewer range officers monitoring lanes and while the vast majority of people are nice responsible shooters all it takes is one doofus.

Topic author
Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Taypo »

rentz wrote:while this incident didnt appear to be a safety related issue i do think FGC could use some adjustments to their safety.
I've noticed fewer and fewer range officers monitoring lanes and while the vast majority of people are nice responsible shooters all it takes is one doofus.
I've been out there a couple times. Nice clean range with lots of bells and whistles. Guy in the lane next to me on one trip was LE, shooting an MP5 on burst really well. There's a definite lack of RO, but I was told at one point they've got the ranges wired for sound and video so they can do it from the office.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”