Here We Go Again

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stash
Posts in topic: 1

Here We Go Again

Post by stash »

Looks like we might have a winner this time (if you like indoor ranges). Read in this morning paper that a 52, 000 square foot range is being built in South Austin to the tune of $15 million. The way it was described in the paper, it is going to be very nice. Suppose to be ready by summer, 2016. We people in North Hays County really need this.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

Taypo
Banned

Re: Here We Go Again

Post by Taypo »

Does Acavedo know about this?

"rlol"

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

For $15M, I presume they are building what I call a "Country Club" range, like Frisco Gun Club. I am NOT a fan. Overpriced (in order to pay for the extravagant development costs) and Snooty.

Give me a homey range any day.

Just my opinion.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I just looked up the cost of membership at Frisco gun club.

Wow!

Very costly overall.

Having to pay an annual fee to be a member and THEN pay outlandish costs to shoot per hour. On top of that you have to pay a different rate if shooting a pistol vs a rifle.

This new one to be built will probably charge even more money.

So, there must be a vast market of wealthy shooting enthusiasts - if not, this place will flop.

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Abraham wrote:I just looked up the cost of membership at Frisco gun club.

Wow!

Very costly overall.

Having to pay an annual fee to be a member and THEN pay outlandish costs to shoot per hour. On top of that you have to pay a different rate if shooting a pistol vs a rifle.

This new one to be built will probably charge even more money.

So, there must be a vast market of wealthy shooting enthusiasts - if not, this place will flop.
I shot at Frisco Gun Club for a work event, very nice range, but lots of money sunk into the front area, meeting rooms, etc.

I live 10 minutes away from Eagle Gun Range, whose range is every bit as nice as FCG, and I shoot for $10 all day for most of the week being a veteran. No brainer for me......

Now if we could get a nice 500-1000yd range anywhere near DFW that did not require driving 2 hours, that would be superb.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”