Gibson Outpost & Shooting Range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Gibson Outpost & Shooting Range

Post by baldeagle »

Maybe we should try this next for a DFW meetup? They allow FMJ rifle ammo, and they have 100 and 200 yard ranges (although Beiruty said it's really 190 yards per Google Earth.

The address is 1712 Lawson Rd, Mesquite, TX 75181. It's east of 635 between US 80 and I-20. Outdoor range. It's $7.00 a year and $15 for the entire day. They're open 10AM to 5PM.

I've never been there. I'd be willing to "scout" the place with someone else who wants to shoot - TAM? Andy? Beiruty?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Lena

Re: Gibson Outpost & Shooting Range

Post by Lena »

Used to shoot some there, the benches are wiggley ok place to shoot, we used to shoot full auto there with no problems. If you ever want to go look at it give me a shout.
Stay Safe

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

AndyC wrote:I'm in - heard completely different things about the place but I'd like to make up my own mind.
:iagree:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Lena

Post by Lena »

It has been a good while since I shot here and only rifles and a BAR
I was told there were some employees/tange officers on the pistol range that were 'too intense, they said'. There were 2 distances on the pistol range then, maybe 5 yds and maybe 10 , that was it.
Stay Safe

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I'd be going there to shoot rifle. Need to get my AR out to 100 yards. (Don't know if I can even see 200 yards.) :biggrinjester:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

Lena

Post by Lena »

baldeagle wrote:I'd be going there to shoot rifle. Need to get my AR out to 100 yards. (Don't know if I can even see 200 yards.) :biggrinjester:
Any time you want to go give me a holler also you could come here or we could go to my club.
If you wish to shoot 200 I will point your Ar in the direction of the targets for you !
Stay Safe

mouse52
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mouse52 »

just shot there yesterday I am always treated well here. mike
Semper Fi and carry on. :patriot:

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Lena wrote:
baldeagle wrote:I'd be going there to shoot rifle. Need to get my AR out to 100 yards. (Don't know if I can even see 200 yards.) :biggrinjester:
Any time you want to go give me a holler also you could come here or we could go to my club.
If you wish to shoot 200 I will point your Ar in the direction of the targets for you !
What is your club?

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

If you weren't so old and broken you could have done that Saturday. mwahahahaha :biggrinjester:
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Jago668 wrote:
If you weren't so old and broken you could have done that Saturday. mwahahahaha :biggrinjester:
Yeah, even my gun was broken. :shock:

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Jago668 wrote:
Don't pick a fight with an old man... :cup:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

This might seem crazy, but it's going to be 71 degrees on Saturday. Who's game for going to Gibson's on Saturday?

Return to “Shooting Ranges”