New Range being built in Flower Mound Tx

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: New Range being built in Flower Mound Tx

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ETTS also has ranges for dynamic shooting.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

equin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by equin »

TDSA in Ferris, about 30 minutes south of Dallas, is another private range that has 25 yd shooting bays where you can do dynamic shoots. I think the annual dues were about $350/yr last time I checked.
Ed

CZp10
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CZp10 »

I am relatively new to all this, so thanks for the information about ETTS and TDSA.

Anyone know if there are any less restrictive ranges north of Dallas?

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wheelgun1958 »

AndyC wrote:
rentz wrote:For 20k I'll just buy land and make my own range
:iagree:
Have you priced property lately?

:eek6

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ed4032 »

CZp10 wrote:I am relatively new to all this, so thanks for the information about ETTS and TDSA.

Have you checked out Dallas Pistol Club. It's in Carrollton. They are about to clear the wait list.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

rentz
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rentz »

Ed4032 wrote:
CZp10 wrote:I am relatively new to all this, so thanks for the information about ETTS and TDSA.

Have you checked out Dallas Pistol Club. It's in Carrollton. They are about to clear the wait list.
Ooh wonder if it's too late for me to get in on that
I got a slot about 2yrs ago but came at a time I couldn't cough up the cash

CZp10
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CZp10 »

Ed4032 wrote:
Thanks very much, I will have to look into that. :tiphat:

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

rentz wrote:
Ed4032 wrote:

Ooh wonder if it's too late for me to get in on that
I got a slot about 2yrs ago but came at a time I couldn't cough up the cash
No it is not too late. We are just starting to work on clearing the list.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Crossfire Defense

Post by Crossfire Defense »

My name is David Vaught, Owner at Crossfire Defense Academy & Range. I've seen a lot of information on here about our place. Looks like a very cool forum board. I grew up in Grapevine, served in the US Navy, graduated from the police academy, went back to school and spent the last 20 years in business. I have stayed active in the shooting sports through training, competitions and training with local LEO and DOD units. I am not a businessman that shoots, I am a shooter owns a business.

Expecting to open to the pre-opening members in October and public grand open mid-November if things continue tracking the way they are.

You guys call me or shoot me an email if you have any questions. My cell is 972.965.0264, email is david@crossfiredefense.com.

Let me clear up a few things.
1) Our name was checked with the secretary of state before we registered as a new business in November of 2014. We are currently still the only one in the industry registered with the Secretary of State and/or Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Please verify here, just type in "crossfire" to pull up every registered business in Texas with Crossfire in the name, https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/searc ... ype=public. I also confirmed again today with the Secretary of State, which you are welcome to do, but its not free.

We certainly did not intent to step on toes and tried to do our due diligence but could only go off of the information recoded by the state. I am from the area and had never heard of the other business when we registered in 2014.

2) At Crossfire, we really try to take the simple approach to memberships. I know its popular to reduce the monthly fee then charge a percentage to members to use the facility. If you are a member of a program at our place, you do not pay any daily or lane fees. That is what we believe a membership fee should cover. It would not cover additional services like taking an educational class like a trauma medical class, or if you wanted to participate in Crossfit, martial arts or Crossfire Core classes. Those are separate products.

3) Not trying to copy anyone. We have a retail store, 2 ranges (static and dynamic) with the ability to add a 3rd bay for 33 lanes. We have a crossfit affiliate gym, an MMA gym and about 11,000 sqft of space available to train with simunitions. I don't know of any other facility that does this, but I would not doubt it if there was.

We will not be the right place for everyone, but I expect there is room in the market for all of us.

Crossfire Defense

Post by Crossfire Defense »

Didn't mean to kill the thread.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Crossfire Defense wrote:My name is David Vaught, Owner at Crossfire Defense Academy & Range. I've seen a lot of information on here about our place....
I appreciate you joining and clearing up some of the questions. Your facility sounds great, and I wish you all the best. I have met very few that like the frisco club anymore so I think you 'll have an opportunity to take advantage of their fleeing membership base.

Oh, you didn't kill it- this thread is a few weeks old and losing traction.

:tiphat:

cyphur
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cyphur »

Crossfire Defense wrote:My name is David Vaught, Owner at Crossfire Defense Academy & Range. I've seen a lot of information on here about our place. Looks like a very cool forum board. I grew up in Grapevine, served in the US Navy, graduated from the police academy, went back to school and spent the last 20 years in business. I have stayed active in the shooting sports through training, competitions and training with local LEO and DOD units. I am not a businessman that shoots, I am a shooter owns a business.

Expecting to open to the pre-opening members in October and public grand open mid-November if things continue tracking the way they are.

You guys call me or shoot me an email if you have any questions. My cell is 972.965.0264, email is david@crossfiredefense.com.

Looking forward to the soft opening in October! Very interested to see how the dynamic range works out.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”