Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

New Gun Range is coming to Allen, TX

Post by Beiruty »

A New Gun Range is coming to Allen, TX.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Allen- ... 74743.html

I am fed up with the deteriorating privileges and benefits of Platinum membership of Frisco gun club. In the drive to maximize profits, FGC management keeps increasing the yearly dues of the membership, prioritize the hourly paying walk-ins shooters over those who are already a members (cause members have already fully paid). Even, asking the members to clear the lane for the hourly paying walk-ins shooters. Last but not least, we used to get 6-guest free pass cards, were those cards were valid anytime and for both Rifle and Pistol ranges, I recently discovered that same guest cards are valid only for 1-hr on Pistol range and honored Monday-Friday. I used those guest cards as club promotion to my friends.

So crazy and backward.

Yesterday, I certainly decided that 2017 is my last year at FGC, it was my 5th! And, I an a founding member (i.e. had membership before the Grand Opening day)
Last edited by Beiruty on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New Gun Range is coming to Allen, TX

Post by flechero »

I hope the Allen range gets built... it's only about 15-20 minutes from my parents house, so I'd try it out when visiting. :fire

Too bad FGC is that way... I would think a call to ClubCorp could carry a lot of weight. ;-) I was initially excited to learn that FGC was part of ClubCorp because I am a member of a central texas CC and have reciprocal access but I have heard from 2 other members of FGC that they aren't renewing either. (for similar reasons)

Not only is it poor business, but it's a disservice to those who paid to build the club

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sjfcontrol »

He also said Texas Legends has agreed to not use the word “gun” on any of its signage.

Shesh. Such hoplophobia. I no longer live in McKinney, but would have relished a range so close. Though I'm not a fan of the "Country Club" style ranges.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

CZp10
Banned

Post by CZp10 »

I agree about FGC, I tried it many times to see if we wanted to get a membership, but it just seemed to keep going downhill over time. Not the best lighting and ventilation, and they charge a lot for rental guns that are in quite bad shape. We are much happier with Eagle Gun Range and they just opened their new one in Farmers Branch.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

CZp10 wrote:I agree about FGC, I tried it many times to see if we wanted to get a membership, but it just seemed to keep going downhill over time. Not the best lighting and ventilation, and they charge a lot for rental guns that are in quite bad shape. We are much happier with Eagle Gun Range and they just opened their new one in Farmers Branch.
What's the name and location of the new Farmers Branch site?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

A good friend of mine is a Platinum member at FGC, and like like you, Beiruty, he was a member before it opened. Back in June, I joined him for a shooting session. It was on a weekday (Thursday, I think) and we were there when they opened. Got our lane assignment, and there was only one other lane in our section with shooters. After an hour, a FGC employee came by and told us our time was up, we had to pack it up and leave. They certainly didn't have anyone waiting for a lane. My friend wasn't too happy about it, for sure. Said he was going to speak with management about it. Haven't heard if he did or not.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

bblhd672 wrote:
CZp10 wrote:I agree about FGC, I tried it many times to see if we wanted to get a membership, but it just seemed to keep going downhill over time. Not the best lighting and ventilation, and they charge a lot for rental guns that are in quite bad shape. We are much happier with Eagle Gun Range and they just opened their new one in Farmers Branch.
What's the name and location of the new Farmers Branch site?
https://www.eaglegunrangetx.com/farmers ... gun-range/
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

n5wmk wrote:A good friend of mine is a Platinum member at FGC, and like like you, Beiruty, he was a member before it opened. Back in June, I joined him for a shooting session. It was on a weekday (Thursday, I think) and we were there when they opened. Got our lane assignment, and there was only one other lane in our section with shooters. After an hour, a FGC employee came by and told us our time was up, we had to pack it up and leave. They certainly didn't have anyone waiting for a lane. My friend wasn't too happy about it, for sure. Said he was going to speak with management about it. Haven't heard if he did or not.
I can no longer use Shotguns on the range.
I can no longer set up a Chrono on the Rifle lanes.
Many lanes are not maintained and they have tons of money.
You cannot shoot steel cases anymore (I do not anyways).

Truly annoying. In 2013 and again in 2015, I emailed the Director of the Facility complaining about the rifle range lack of maintenance and not enough lights and bad design of the rifle benches. Till date, the lanes are still in same condition.
Beiruty,

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

I went there once a few months ago and didn't see what all of the hype was about. I guess I was right.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

On a separate note, after reviewing the story, apparently there are too many people moving from California to Allen.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

can't use the word gun in their signage....what about pistol, rifle, weapon? lots of other word choices.....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

SewTexas wrote:can't use the word gun in their signage....what about pistol, rifle, weapon? lots of other word choices.....
How about "Freedom Delivery"....and on the door it can say "Don't knock, Freedom rings". :patriot:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I would never join a ClubCorp operated club.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Flightmare wrote:
SewTexas wrote:can't use the word gun in their signage....what about pistol, rifle, weapon? lots of other word choices.....
How about "Freedom Delivery"....and on the door it can say "Don't knock, Freedom rings". :patriot:
personally I think a nearby gun range adds to the property value ;-)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Update: Dirt and ground construction started.
50 yards, range only, Disappointing.
Beiruty,

Return to “Shooting Ranges”