Non member Indoor range in Dallas?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

Non member Indoor range in Dallas?

Post by swilkes »

Heading to Dallas in a bit. Wife has been wanting to go shooting. We have a membership to an out door range here but haven’t been able to go due to weather or work.

So since we will be in Dallas I want to take her to shoot her pistol. Is ther a place where we can pay for the day/hour(s) and do a lil shooting today?

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Non member Indoor range in Dallas?

Post by Tex1961 »

Can you specify what part of Dallas. That would help with recommendations. Also you can do a google search since almost every range even with memberships will allow you to rent by the hour.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Lots of Dallas area members here, hopefully someone can get you to a range near your destination. But the 2 indoor ranges that were near me when I lived there were:

Targetmaster is technically Garland (north Dallas) Jupiter Rd & Miller, just north of 635
Bullet Trap is in Plano (Further north Dallas) Ave K & Park just east of 75

This was 15 years ago... but Bullet trap is a nicer place, decent store and lots of supplies... but fewer lanes and wait times on some weekends. Targetmaster had few supplies and was pretty much a range only when I was last there, but with some guns... many more lanes and never a wait time.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Will add Targetmasters is all day as well. You rent a lane, and if you keep the receipt can go eat lunch, shop, etc and come back. Have an okay selection of rental guns as well. Good to take someone to if they want to try out a bunch of pistols before they buy it.
NRA Benefactor Member

extremist

Post by extremist »

If you are coming from Wichita Falls, ShootPointBlank in North Richland Hills is one of the nicest indoor ranges in the metroplex. Check them out.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Shoot Smart has 3 indoor ranges in Ft Worth and Grand Prairie. Winchester Shooting Gallery in Ft Worth
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

whiteflame59

Post by whiteflame59 »

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville is a great indoor range too.
There are no facts, only interpretations.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Bullseye Range in Duncanville, Target Time near Mansfield on FM 1157. I visit the DFW area a dozen times a year and I've found there's no shortage of two things; Gun shops/Ranges and churches. God and Guns how can you go wrong? My daughter lives in Mansfield and there are at least 5 shooting ranges within a short drive. Work is in progress to build another range less than a mile from her. :fire
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by swilkes »

We are heading to Target Masters.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Bullseye Range in Duncanville and Shoot Smart in Grand Prairie are the two indoor ranges I frequent because they are close to me. Both require that you pay for a card but it's not a membership per say (Bullseye is $5 and Shoot Smart is $2). I do like hitting up Target Masters even though it's further for me. They have a 50 yard indoor range that they allow rifles on. Very nice facility with a good assortment of guns to tempt you with on display. And they do not require that you buy a card.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote:Bullseye Range in Duncanville and Shoot Smart in Grand Prairie are the two indoor ranges I frequent because they are close to me. Both require that you pay for a card but it's not a membership per say (Bullseye is $5 and Shoot Smart is $2). I do like hitting up Target Masters even though it's further for me. They have a 50 yard indoor range that they allow rifles on. Very nice facility with a good assortment of guns to tempt you with on display. And they do not require that you buy a card.
Shoot Smart in Grand Praire gave us a a card with no charge. My wife has shot there for about two years without a card. She just signed up for her card (so she didn’t have to keep giving them her DL) about 6 mimthas ago and again it was free.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”