Defender Outdoor Claysports Ranch

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Defender Outdoor Claysports Ranch

Post by rtschl »

A new shotgun range's grand opening is Fri-Sun. It is on the Southwest side of Fort Worth. http://claysportsranch.com/ It's owned by Defender Outdoor. From the website it looks pretty cool. There is another Trap and Skeet just a few miles away that has been there since the 1950's.

But you ought to see the people whining in nextdoor.com about it. They've built their houses right up to an area that is unincorporated (though this part of the parcel actually is within city limits) and get mad that they are now going to have this in their back yard. This area apparently has never been considered for residential or business use.

To me it would be like buying land to build a big house in/near the country and get mad because a rancher later puts cows behind your house and you don't like the smell.
Ron
NRA Member

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Defender Outdoor Claysports Ranch

Post by SigM4 »

Guess they missed the railroad tracks that run right through that area when they bought? That's always the risk of buying on the outskirts and/or near undeveloped areas. You may not like your neighbors if/when the land gets developed.

I'm all for more Sporting Clays courses. I enjoy Trap and Skeet, but Sporting Clays is where it's at for me. Luckily, my club just opened it's own SC course, but variety is always good.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

This one guy on Nextdoor is loosing his mind! I’m going to buy a membership, just to make sure it stays open.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Google satellite view of the area doesn’t show any houses close to the range, don’t know how old that imagery is though. One thing is certain- there’s a ver busy interstate highway and a railroad track so it can’t be that quiet of an area.

Nextdoor seems to be full of whiny people, I quit checking my “neighborhood” on it because of the people who complain about everything and everyone. These people are probably anti-gunners and don’t want anything associated with guns within 100 miles of their house.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

bblhd672 wrote:Google satellite view of the area doesn’t show any houses close to the range, don’t know how old that imagery is though. One thing is certain- there’s a ver busy interstate highway and a railroad track so it can’t be that quiet of an area.

Nextdoor seems to be full of whiny people, I quit checking my “neighborhood” on it because of the people who complain about everything and everyone. These people are probably anti-gunners and don’t want anything associated with guns within 100 miles of their house.
The nearest house across the railroad tracks and greenbelt that separate looks to be about 850-900 yards. So yes, they're going to hear some of it if the wind is blowing from the Northwest or not at all. But they have the noise from the Interstate(s) both 20 and 820 merge right there, the railroad, and the NAS JRB jets about 7 or 8 miles due North that buzz around all the time.
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “Shooting Ranges”