1st Time to Dallas Pistol Club

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

1st Time to Dallas Pistol Club

Post by PUCKER »

WOW!!!! A blast, literally! Admittedly, I have not been to a range in awhile (longer than I'd care to share) but I've just shot paper before. Well, that changed today, a buddy of mine that is a member brought me out to the Dallas Pistol Club today - SOOOOOOOO much fun! First time to shoot plates...WOW! That was awesome! We did timed draws from holster to first shot on target - that was a first for me! I'm better at that than I thought I would be! Then we did longer range shooting - first time for me with a pistol. We started at 25 yards - target was a 12"x12" square plate. At 25 yards I was 6 for 7, at 32 yards I was around 4 for 6, at 40 yards I was SEVEN FOR SEVEN ( :mrgreen: ) and at 50 yards I was 3 for 7. That was too cool! We shot around 500 rounds each in a few hours - time to load up with more mags. Shot my 1st Gen Glock 17, Kimber Compact Aluminum (that's my long-distance gun, apparently!) and full size (yet snubby) S&W .357. My buddy was shooting his Glock 34.
Last edited by PUCKER on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 1st Time to Dallas Pistol Club

Post by JRG »

Sounds like a fun time!

Joe

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

This Saturday, we will shoot Action Pistol Match. Bring a lot of ammo. It is the Match Director Birthday weekend.
He wants more bang bang

Match fee $20

Registration is on Practiscore
https://practiscore.com/dallas-pistol-c ... 8/register
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Beiruty wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:19 pm This Saturday, we will shoot Action Pistol Match. Bring a lot of ammo. It is the Match Director Birthday weekend.
He wants more bang bang

Match fee $20

Registration is on Practiscore
https://practiscore.com/dallas-pistol-c ... 8/register
That looks like fun!! Unfortunately, I have already planned to fire several warning shots at passing dove on Saturday. When is the next one?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

First Sat of each Month. DPC club has competition Matches each Sat and Sun. Check the FB page's events
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Kind of reminds me of the now defunct Coleman (Texas) 4-H Benefit Match https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2848 ... ity-match/ but you'd to need to add some targets to match some of their stages. :eek6
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

PUCKER wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:59 pm WOW!!!! A blast, literally! Admittedly, I have not been to a range in awhile (longer than I'd care to share) but I've just shot paper before. Well, that changed today, a buddy of mine that is a member brought me out to the Dallas Pistol Club today - SOOOOOOOO much fun! First time to shoot plates...WOW! That was awesome! We did timed draws from holster to first shot on target - that was a first for me! I'm better at that than I thought I would be! Then we did longer range shooting - first time for me with a pistol. We started at 25 yards - target was a 12"x12" square plate. At 25 yards I was 6 for 7, at 32 yards I was around 4 for 6, at 40 yards I was SEVEN FOR SEVEN ( :mrgreen: ) and at 50 yards I was 3 for 7. That was too cool! We shot around 500 rounds each in a few hours - time to load up with more mags. Shot my 1st Gen Glock 17, Kimber Compact Aluminum (that's my long-distance gun, apparently!) and full size (yet snubby) S&W .357. My buddy was shooting his Glock 34.
Love having guests... it's a fun club, and nice, with only improvements in the future. Glad you were able to visit.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

chamberc wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:34 am Love having guests... it's a fun club, and nice, with only improvements in the future. Glad you were able to visit.
:tiphat: I am considering putting my name on the waiting list, I enjoyed it that much!

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

PUCKER wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:06 pm
chamberc wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:34 am Love having guests... it's a fun club, and nice, with only improvements in the future. Glad you were able to visit.
:tiphat: I am considering putting my name on the waiting list, I enjoyed it that much!
Take the plunge, you won't regret it. The number of members was expanded and now the list takes much less time to get through than when I joined. I got an email about membership and had plumb forgotten I'd put myself on the list.

The wife and I went to the DPC today and did some shooting. I am tuning up a new PPQ the wife got me. In many cases if you can get down there during the week or later on the weekend, you'll about have the place to yourself.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

You should join. Great people and a fun place to shoot. It’s cheap too. That waiting list will be cleared soon. Don’t wait.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Topic author
PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Thank y'all for the words of encouragement about joining! :tiphat:

dcpendarvis

Post by dcpendarvis »

Anyone know ballpark waitlist time for Dallas Pistol Club? I realize it’s somewhat unpredictable by nature, but just looking for an idea. This is right around the corner from my house and sounds great.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

dcpendarvis wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:41 pm Anyone know ballpark waitlist time for Dallas Pistol Club? I realize it’s somewhat unpredictable by nature, but just looking for an idea. This is right around the corner from my house and sounds great.
http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/membership
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “Shooting Ranges”