New Range In Dallas

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RJKlein1960
Posts in topic: 5

New Range In Dallas

Post by RJKlein1960 »

There is a new range called Lake Highlands Shooting Center in Dallas located at 10757 Mapleridge Drive. Their website is https://www.lhshootingcenter.com/

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New Range In Dallas

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the tip! :cheers2:

Gonna check it out.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

This range wouldn't be owned by the Klein family would it? Two posts by the OP same wording and promoting of the same range. Just sayin...
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:29 pm This range wouldn't be owned by the Klein family would it? Two posts by the OP same wording and promoting of the same range. Just sayin...
If so, then:
TexasCHLforum is non-commercial!! With limited exceptions set out below in Rules 13, 14 & 18, do not advertise your business.
13. Posting items for sale/trade in the Market Section Except for the FFL subsection, the Market is intended solely for participating members (posts, not money) of TexasCHLforum.com for occasional sales. It was created as a courtesy to, and for the convenience of, our members, not as an open forum for marketing. Members must reach "Member" status, i.e. 45 posts, before posting anything for sale in the Market Section. (The transition from "Junior Member" to "Member" is done automatically.) The posts must be meaningful, and not made over a short period of time in an obvious effort to run-up the post count. If the majority of a Member's posts are in the market sections, they will be blocked from posting items for sale. Further, "for sale" posts cannot have a link to an auction website or any other website and all posts must list an asking price. All purchasers are strongly encouraged to get the full name, address and telephone number of a seller before purchasing an item and to verify that information. Refusal to provide that information to a purchaser will result in the seller being barred from posting items for sale. If your signature line or the post contains a link to your website or any commercial website, a backlink to TexasCHLforum.com must be included in the linked site.

To avoid "for sale' threads from becoming stale, all threads will be locked and moved to the Closed section one month after the first post. Sellers, please edit the subject line to add "CLOSED" if the item is sold or withdrawn.

14. Posting classes in the Instructors, Classes & Training section. All posts in the Instructors, Classes & Training section must meet the requirements of Forum Rule 13. Post only one class at a time. If you have a website, you must post a link to the TexasCHLforum.com.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Just got back. Was a great way to spend a Friday afternoon!

They were very friendly and accommodating. I appreciated the ability to shoot either pistol or rifle at a convenient location. And as a bonus they had a military discount. :txflag:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
RJKlein1960

Post by RJKlein1960 »

Nope, I have no interest in the range other than I think is a really nice place that is owned and operated by very nice people... I just discovered it a few weeks ago (it is real close to where I live) and I would like to see it succeed... I thought that you other folks here would be interested in maybe checking the place out.... No skin off my nose if you don't!.... :tiphat:

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:57 pm
Jusme wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:29 pm This range wouldn't be owned by the Klein family would it? Two posts by the OP same wording and promoting of the same range. Just sayin...
If so, then:
TexasCHLforum is non-commercial!! With limited exceptions set out below in Rules 13, 14 & 18, do not advertise your business.
13. Posting items for sale/trade in the Market Section Except for the FFL subsection, the Market is intended solely for participating members (posts, not money) of TexasCHLforum.com for occasional sales. It was created as a courtesy to, and for the convenience of, our members, not as an open forum for marketing. Members must reach "Member" status, i.e. 45 posts, before posting anything for sale in the Market Section. (The transition from "Junior Member" to "Member" is done automatically.) The posts must be meaningful, and not made over a short period of time in an obvious effort to run-up the post count. If the majority of a Member's posts are in the market sections, they will be blocked from posting items for sale. Further, "for sale" posts cannot have a link to an auction website or any other website and all posts must list an asking price. All purchasers are strongly encouraged to get the full name, address and telephone number of a seller before purchasing an item and to verify that information. Refusal to provide that information to a purchaser will result in the seller being barred from posting items for sale. If your signature line or the post contains a link to your website or any commercial website, a backlink to TexasCHLforum.com must be included in the linked site.

To avoid "for sale' threads from becoming stale, all threads will be locked and moved to the Closed section one month after the first post. Sellers, please edit the subject line to add "CLOSED" if the item is sold or withdrawn.

14. Posting classes in the Instructors, Classes & Training section. All posts in the Instructors, Classes & Training section must meet the requirements of Forum Rule 13. Post only one class at a time. If you have a website, you must post a link to the TexasCHLforum.com.

Topic author
RJKlein1960

Post by RJKlein1960 »

Not my place of business.... Although, I would love to own a shooting range... Just thought the forum members here in the DFW area would be interested in a new place to shoot!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RJKlein1960 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:25 pm Not my place of business.... Although, I would love to own a shooting range... Just thought the forum members here in the DFW area would be interested in a new place to shoot!

First, welcome to the forum. By way of explanation, I meant nor perceived any offense at all. As a new member, you may not be aware that this forum gets spammed on a semi-regular basis from time to time. Someone will join, put up one or two or three posts promoting a business, and then either vanish down the road or get banned by the admins. So when the first two posts a brand new member puts up are promoting a business, maybe some of us have gotten a little (pun intended) gun-shy. So, I posted a copy of the rules, just in case. I hope this explanation helps to understand what went on and why. And again, welcome to the forum, and sorry you experienced a bumpy start.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

I'm going to check it out, while I'm waiting on the new range that is 5 mins from my house to open up.

Topic author
RJKlein1960

Post by RJKlein1960 »

Thanks for the welcome, No offence was taken and I fully understand where you were coming from..... I have actually been a member of the forum since getting my LTC back in 2017 but was lazy about posting... I just happened to discover the range and signed up for a family membership so my kids and I could go shooting more often as it is close to home and has reasonable rates... Every time I have been there they were not very busy and I just thought it would be good to spread the word...Prior to signing up there, we would drive over to ShootSmart in Grand Prairie as it is another nice and reasonable range (just too far from home)... I hope to get the chance to chat and interact with you and other members here! :cheers2:
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:16 pm
RJKlein1960 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:25 pm Not my place of business.... Although, I would love to own a shooting range... Just thought the forum members here in the DFW area would be interested in a new place to shoot!

First, welcome to the forum. By way of explanation, I meant nor perceived any offense at all. As a new member, you may not be aware that this forum gets spammed on a semi-regular basis from time to time. Someone will join, put up one or two or three posts promoting a business, and then either vanish down the road or get banned by the admins. So when the first two posts a brand new member puts up are promoting a business, maybe some of us have gotten a little (pun intended) gun-shy. So, I posted a copy of the rules, just in case. I hope this explanation helps to understand what went on and why. And again, welcome to the forum, and sorry you experienced a bumpy start.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Sorry I can't stand indoor ranges, no offense intended. Main reason being they have a lot of accidental shootings. Plus most don't allow rapid fire or full auto. Lucky I'm blessed enough to have a ranch that I let local P.D. and Military vets shoot for free of course. The rifle burms are only set up at 100, 200, 500 and 1000yds. Been wanting to rent a bull dozer to extend it out to a mile to really test out the Barrett 50cal. Practice with Pistols/Sbr's we have a old two story 60s model home for tactical practice, it helps out the local P.D. at least since it's a small town.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Thanks for the tip ... I am in Houston and I appreciate info like this because I shoot in the Dallas area from time to time but am not plugged into the happenings in the area.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

AndyC wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:58 pm I went there this afternoon[/img]
Did you note if they had a brass retention policy or if could you sweep up and keep your own?

Return to “Shooting Ranges”