A little more of the NRA is being told

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: A little more of the NRA is being told

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:50 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:44 am
puma guy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:31 pm I just saw that interview with Joaquin Jackson. I had to laugh out loud when I head his comments about limiting capacity to 5 rounds. I can't believe a Texas Ranger would make a statement like that. My Marlin 336's hold 6 rounds of 30-30 with an one in the chamber for 7 total. Not to mention many other rifles that hold more than 5 rounds. CMP shouldn't be selling MI Garands according to him. Sorry to bring up an old post; I couldn't help myself.
Jackson is a Obummer dumbocrat boot licking commie and the NRA should ban his commie tail from the board.
I think he is dead. I went to look up the name and it says he died in 2016. So he is off the board at this point. :mrgreen: Truth be told, I am betting there are many law enforcement personal that would love an unarmed population.
:thumbs2: No doubt!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

And don't forget May 22-29 in Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center. I think COVID will let us hold this one! It's still being billed as the 150th meeting even if 2021 was canceled.

https://www.nraam.org/
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

puma guy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:31 pm I just saw that interview with Joaquin Jackson. I had to laugh out loud when I head his comments about limiting capacity to 5 rounds. I can't believe a Texas Ranger would make a statement like that. My Marlin 336's hold 6 rounds of 30-30 with an one in the chamber for 7 total. Not to mention many other rifles that hold more than 5 rounds. CMP shouldn't be selling MI Garands according to him. Sorry to bring up an old post; I couldn't help myself.
Jackson is a Obummer dumbocrat boot licking commie and the NRA should ban his commie tail from the board.
I think he is dead. I went to look up the name and it says he died in 2016. So he is off the board at this point. :mrgreen: Truth be told, I am betting there are many law enforcement personal that would love an unarmed population.
I didn’t remember he had died. Good riddance.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

puma guy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:20 am
:thumbs2: No doubt!
If anyone thinks that most LEO will hold true to their oath needs to just look at how the Canadian mounties stood by their tyrant in chief.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:50 amTruth be told, I am betting there are many law enforcement personal that would love an unarmed population.
I agree that there are many law enforcement personnel that feel that way. Not most, but a lot. The problem is they are in one of two groups. They all do the best politicking. That means they rise to the top and go into administration OR they go into union management. So they are the ones the media quotes and legislatures listen to, thinking it represents the will of most law enforcement.

In reality, if you ask just the patrolmen on the streets, I bet at least 75% feel the Second is an absolute right or very near to it. Street cops support an armed populace. Administrators do not.
Steve Rothstein

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

srothstein wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:24 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:50 amTruth be told, I am betting there are many law enforcement personal that would love an unarmed population.
I agree that there are many law enforcement personnel that feel that way. Not most, but a lot. The problem is they are in one of two groups. Those supporting disarming the populace do the best politicking. That means they rise to the top and go into administration OR they go into union management. So they are the ones the media quotes and legislatures listen to, thinking it represents the will of most law enforcement.

In reality, if you ask just the patrolmen on the streets, I bet at least 75% feel the Second is an absolute right or very near to it. Street cops support an armed populace. Administrators do not.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
The closest I came to LEO was as a Corrections Officer. So, this is not for a beat cop's perspective. But I belong to several "gun" forums with a heavy LEO contingent. I was surprised, and amazed, and challenged at the number of them who not only respected law-abiding gunowners, but saw them as a resource.
I know that few people today understand that the founding father intended for law enforcement, and civil defense, to be the responsibility of every citizen. They were Leary of a standing army, and only expected a single Sheriff in most towns and counties. When more man power was needed, the Sheriff would deputize citizens for a specific action.
The "Militia" that so many liberals suggest is the military is actually EVERY citizen, armed and trained, ready to come to the country's defense. No where in the constitution is the phrase, "Leave it to the professionals."

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Another forum I'm on had some trash talk and "never again will i support the NRA" comments all based on the allegations started way back when. I responded with some of the comments Charles Cotten has made here and some he has made when we had a monthly group meeting for breakfast. Of course I also stated no other organization has done more to support and strengthen our RTKBA than the NRA. I didn't have any new information on the ongoing legal saga regarding the lawsuits and allegation against Wayne LaPierre. I know Charles is busy, so I'll not address this to him, but does anyone have any news or information on the subject?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I had a great time at the NRA convention in Houston.

So much to see.

Thank you Charles!!

Return to “National Rifle Association”