Becoming an NRA member

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

gguess66
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Becoming an NRA member

Post by gguess66 »

I was trying to register for the insurance it was asking for member number and I don't know how to get that.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Gungirl wrote:Thanks everyone, so am I understanding correctly that the only real difference between regular member and lifetime is voting rights?
You can vote as an annual member, but you must have been a member for five consecutive years.

Another difference--though I don't know how much difference it might make--is that an annual member receives $5,000 of free accidental death and dismemberment coverage; a life member gets $10,000 AD&D coverage. Active Law Enforcement Officers get $25,000 AD&D coverage regardless of their type of membership.

Speaking of insurance, don't forget to activate your $2,500 of complimentary ArmsCare coverage. This covers firearms against theft, accidental loss, and damage. You can purchase higher amounts of coverage at very reasonable rates. This is available to all members.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

gguess66 wrote:I was trying to register for the insurance it was asking for member number and I don't know how to get that.
That would be on your NRA membership card. And, if I'm not mistaken, you need that number to register on the NRA website.

If you are a new member and haven't received your membership packet, you can call NRA HQ at 877-487-5407, describe your situation, and they can tell you your member number.

There have been over 100,000 new NRA members in the past four weeks. That's perfect; but it means the clerical side of the NRA is stretched really thin. It will take longer than normal to receive credentials via snail mail.

I have no insider knowledge, but I don't believe the NRA has ever had this volume of new memberships in such a short period of time. The Obama administration and Congress should take note.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ed4032 »

Today I upgraded my membership to a Life Member. Should have done this years ago. The have a special running right now for only $300.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I was looking at those bomber jackets that they sell the Life members and above for $250. Are they good quality?

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Gun Girl, don't forget there is free insurance for your guns should they be stolen as a perk for membership. Sign up for that. The NRA also offers other good insurance. Check it out.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Gungirl

Post by Gungirl »

Joined, not a life member yet, but an official member none the less.
CHL packet sent 11-21-12, CHL license received 1-19-13
XDs 45. Mossberg 500

Post by 77346 »

Gungirl wrote:Joined, not a life member yet, but an official member none the less.
:thumbs2: glad to hear!
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

AndyC wrote:Got my NRA card, stickers, etc in the mail last night.
And you will be pleasantly surprised when you see that "evil black rifles" are regularly reviewed in American Rifleman. The NRA fights for your right to own your semi-automatic firearms.

Only a small percentage of NRA members are FUDs.

Come to Houston for the NRA Annual Meeting May 3 through 5.

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

Called in to 'renew' tonight and spoke with a very nice lady from Ohio (and yes, she couldn't believe he took Ohio either) and apparently there is a promotion and offered me a NRA duffel if I went with the 2-year renewal. Now, I have a birthday gift for my brother who always asks to use my range bag. Don't know if this is a current perk, didn't care!

Win - Win
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

I Join in November and was supposed to get a "free gift" of a range bag (small duffel bag)... I've gotten my card, magazine, and 2+ months later NO FREE GIFT :bigmouth

I've e-mailed them twice about this. I know the NRA is about supporting the 2a but I still feel kind of cheated by them right off the bat...

Are there numbers to talk to live people to sort it all out?

ALCSTUDIOS

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

I joined...
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

Return to “National Rifle Association”