Brandon Webb, SEAL, NRA board - good or bad?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Brandon Webb, SEAL, NRA board - good or bad?

Post by A-R »

Happened upon this link and, knowing we have some serious NRA members here, thought I'd post it to get others' opinions.

Be forewarned this guy has some opinions that may offend some NRA members. Please don't shoot the messenger; I don't have a dog in this fight. Just posting to illicit other opinions.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/keep-brand ... directors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. Webb wants to force registration, maintain “gun free zones”, put dogs in schools vs. armed citizens, keep college kids disarmed, require everyone to be an NRA member before being allowed to shoot on public ranges, and he likens gun ownership to driving a car.

Dave2

Re: Brandon Webb, SEAL, NRA board - good or bad?

Post by Dave2 »

Sounds like he and Richard Dreyfus would have a lot to talk about at a dinner party.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I don't know anything about Mr. Webb, but based upon the utter garbage spewed about the NRA, I have no reason to believe this article is accurate. I wasn't on the nominating committee for this election (I'm up for reelection), so I don't even know if he's on the ballot. I can say he was not nominated by the nominating committee, but he could be on the ballot by way of Member petitions.

Chas.

Edited to add: I do seem to recall a former Seal making some strong anti-gun statements, but I don't recall his name.

rotor

Post by rotor »

http://sofrep.com/30242/nra-a-navy-seal ... ownership/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lot's of us have been in the military. Doesn't mean we are experts on the constitution.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Just reading his blog, his statement that the RIGHT to own a gun is comparable to the PRIVILEGE of driving a car indicates that he has a fundamental misunderstanding of the rights recognized, not given, in the Bill of Rights.

He also clearly doesn't understand the nature of our opposition. The anti-gun crowd wants to take all guns. Each compromise is simply a step for them in that direction.

Seems like a guy with a good heart but really naive about our rights and the anti-gun crowd.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I agree with stroo: Brandon Webb seems like a well-meaning guy who just doesn't "get it" when it comes to the antis. They USE the word compromise, but all that means in reality is concessions by firearms owners, who are supposed to be grateful that its not a full-on confiscation each time some new restriction is passed.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well, these two items on his list of beliefs kill it for me:
  • The NRA should take a strong leadership position when it comes to legislation affecting ownership pro and con, not just a “supporter” of legislation. The perception from the left is that the NRA is an uncompromising organization
  • I think the current NRA Executive VP Wayne LaPierre, a career lobbyist, is unfit to lead the NRA into the 21st Century. I wouldn’t let him lead my kids camping trip, let alone the NRA. This may make some angry, but I would be dishonest if I didn’t make my opinion on LaPeirre perfectly clear, see you in 2015 Wayne
Thank you for your service, but you're not fit to be on the NRA's national board of directors.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

That's a fact. Another "Gun Grabbing Ruler" trying to tell us all what we need based on his own tyrannical beliefs.
III

Wes

Post by Wes »

Wow, if someone like this made it on to the nra bod we are in trouble. This guy is nuts!
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

How do you know he was a SEAL? Many imposters claim they were SEALs. Four out of five people who claim to be Vietnam vets are imposters who never served in Vietnam. Some are vets. Many are not. This site handles 20 to 30 requests PER DAY to verify that someone actually was a SEAL. http://www.extremesealexperience.com/20 ... ifications" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I'd check with that site before I'd believe he was actually a SEAL, but even if he was his ideas show a profound disrespect for the citizens he supposedly fought to protect.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

A-R wrote:Happened upon this link and, knowing we have some serious NRA members here, thought I'd post it to get others' opinions.

Be forewarned this guy has some opinions that may offend some NRA members. Please don't shoot the messenger; I don't have a dog in this fight. Just posting to illicit other opinions.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/keep-brand ... directors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. Webb wants to force registration, maintain “gun free zones”, put dogs in schools vs. armed citizens, keep college kids disarmed, require everyone to be an NRA member before being allowed to shoot on public ranges, and he likens gun ownership to driving a car.
I won't shoot the messenger, but the website posted is so anti-NRA as to be laughable.
MAC, the site adim wrote:I’ve been a member of the NRA for most of my life, however for various reasons over the years I've refused to pay dues out of protest. My protests have typically centered around the NRA's seemingly pointed interest in protecting hunting rights yet turning their back on owners of NFA firearms and semi-automatic firearms.
First, how is MAC a member for most for his life without paying dues unless he is a Life Member? I call bogus.

I'll note that I'm a proud Patron Life Member.

Second, I suspect MAC has not been an NRA member for many years as he claims--if ever--because in every single issue of American Rifleman, which he would receive free as an NRA member, there are articles about "black rifles": buying, customizing, optimizing, shooting, even building from scratch. I have at least 10 years of American Rifleman magazines that include articles about "black rifles."

The site is Bang Switch.

As Charles noted, I doubt that Canadian-born SEAL Brandon Webb will be on an NRA ballot. Here's his website: http://www.brandontylerwebb.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “National Rifle Association”