How many levels of membership?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How many levels of membership?

Post by puma guy »

Rafe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:41 pm I've been a Benefactor member since 2015. It was a slightly different NRA a decade ago, but I haven't given up on the 152-year-old organization. I think it needs to do some pivoting, and I think it dropped the ball in the 2020 elections compared to its effectiveness in 2016, but I still thinks it's positioned better than any other firearms rights organization to have an impact.

Just a FWIW, the NRA-PVF candidate ratings for the state elections were released within the past couple of days: https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/Texas/.
Still the best organization to influence 2A issues with our tyrant politicians. IMHO
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RoyGBiv »

Rafe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:41 pm I've been a Benefactor member since 2015. It was a slightly different NRA a decade ago, but I haven't given up on the 152-year-old organization. I think it needs to do some pivoting, and I think it dropped the ball in the 2020 elections compared to its effectiveness in 2016, but I still thinks it's positioned better than any other firearms rights organization to have an impact.

Just a FWIW, the NRA-PVF candidate ratings for the state elections were released within the past couple of days: https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/Texas/.
Thanks for the link. Benefactor member since long ago... I forget since when..

IMO, the NRA will largely remain adrift until the litigation is finished, the people who enabled WLP are history and the bylaws are amended to empower the board and members to prevent the current financial issues from happening in the future. I wonder if Mrs Jones finds it at all ironic that her litigation may actually result in the long term betterment of the NRA?

How many folks who are already Life members are still sending them $$, I wonder?

I continue to send $$ occasionally to ILA, FWIW.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rafe »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:05 pm Thanks for the link. Benefactor member since long ago... I forget since when..

IMO, the NRA will largely remain adrift until the litigation is finished, the people who enabled WLP are history and the bylaws are amended to empower the board and members to prevent the current financial issues from happening in the future. I wonder if Mrs Jones finds it at all ironic that her litigation may actually result in the long term betterment of the NRA?

How many folks who are already Life members are still sending them $$, I wonder?

I continue to send $$ occasionally to ILA, FWIW.
Me, too. I donate a little to the ILA every year, I renew my instructor credentials every two years, and I occasionally pick something up from the online store. Used to use Amazon Smile to give a pittance to the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, but Amazon stopped that program (in 2020?). But that's the extent of my follow-on monetary support right now.

As for NY AG Letitia James, I'm firmly of the opinion that the more leftist a person is, the more their ability to recognize irony is suppressed.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RoyGBiv »

Rafe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:45 pm As for NY AG Letitia James, I'm firmly of the opinion that the more leftist a person is, the more their ability to recognize irony is suppressed.
Truth! ... And funny in a sad way. :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:30 am It looks like it might be time to upgrade again.

I am currently a Patriot-Endowment Life Member with an offer on the table to move up to Patron. I guess in the Endowment-Patron-Benefactor model it is a move up. I probably wouldn’t bite except there is a couple nice party gifts this go around.
Well I did make the move to BENEFACTOR LIFE Membership. I will say for the number of years and money I have given the “gift” part was not fabulous, but that is not the reason I gave. It was not for the gifts. Just wanted to support the NRA some more. I believe they will get things turned around. With Mr. Cotton still on board I will also stay on board.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rafe »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:21 pm Well I did make the move to BENEFACTOR LIFE Membership. I will say for the number of years and money I have given the “gift” part was not fabulous, but that is not the reason I gave. It was not for the gifts. Just wanted to support the NRA some more. I believe they will get things turned around. With Mr. Cotton still on board I will also stay on board.
:tiphat: Yep; I promptly gave my membership gift away (I think it was a small gym-bag-type duffel, but I don't remember for certain) to a friend as a way to encourage him to join. The membership certificate and card were more important to me.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “National Rifle Association”