Death Of Gun Ownership Greatly Exaggerated

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Death Of Gun Ownership Greatly Exaggerated

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/arti ... paign=0916

New Pew Poll indicates that there may be as many as 109 million gun owners in America.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Death Of Gun Ownership Greatly Exaggerated

Post by TexasTornado »

:rolll what they should say is....

"New poll indicates that there may be respondents who fail to respond truthfully to surveys on gun ownership due to the possibility of gun grabbing Hillary in the White House."
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

TexasTornado wrote::rolll what they should say is....

"New poll indicates that there may be respondents who fail to respond truthfully to surveys on gun ownership due to the possibility of gun grabbing Hillary in the White House."
:iagree:

I have to agree. As a gun owner, who in their right mind would volunteer information about what and how many firearms they own any more than telling some stranger who knocks at your door what security company you use. I suspect the number is far greater than. JMHO
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

No new gun owners? My wife and i both bought our first firearm within the last 15 months. First firearm purchase for us both. Should i call this guy? Has he seen the world around us!

Fyi! Never been happier! Feel better with a gun in the house than a baseball bat! :biggrinjester:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

gun_salesman_of_the_year_by_poasterchild-d5r966n.png
Liberals have virtually no common sense! Who do you think are buying all the guns that are being manufactured? The gun makers are probably running are unprecedented rates so how is it possible for gun ownership to be going down. The liberal news media puts these stories out, and the only ones that believe them are the 'low information voters and blind followers of the left.

The ammunition manufactures are also running at high levels producing all they can trying to keep up with the demand. The 2008 ammo shortage wasn't caused by a lack of production it was caused in part by our government buying a large portion of the available supply with the rest going to the public fueled by the government statements they were trying to curtail gun ownership in violation of the 2nd.

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

I've been a gun owner my entire adult life and most of my childhood too if you count the ones my Dad taught me on and gave to me.

My wife finally bought her first gun last May. She's managed to convince many in her family - who are not shy in their fear of guns - to come with us to the range and now they enjoy it. I have several friends that I've introduced into firearms and many of them purchased their own.

Maybe it's just the fact that we are in Texas but my own personal experience has convinced me that the number of owners was rising.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The fact that American citizens' gun ownership continues to rise doesn't fit the MSM and Democrat's narratives. They keep telling the lies, but as others have noted, firearms and ammo manufacturers are turning out record numbers of products which has to alarm the gun grabbers.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

bblhd672 wrote:The fact that American citizens' gun ownership continues to rise doesn't fit the MSM and Democrat's narratives. They keep telling the lies, but as others have noted, firearms and ammo manufacturers are turning out record numbers of products which has to alarm the gun grabbers.

To paraphrase Al Gore: An inconvenient truth, though an indisputable one, is the record of NICS firearm purchase background checks run. It's probably the best indicator of U.S. firearms sales, though the FBI, and quite rightly, cautions that, "Based on varying state laws and purchase scenarios, a one-to-one correlation cannot be made between a firearm background check and a firearm sale." Here and in other states, people with a license to carry do not have to run through the NICS system in order to purchase a firearm, so I have to believe that the total numbers of NICS checks are, if anything, on the conservative side when it comes to actual firearms sales to the public.

In 2015, we saw 23,141,970 NICS background checks performed. That's over twice the number performed in 2007. For 2016, we're at 17,880.475 and counting.

So let's see... During Barack Obama's term in office, through this past August 31, NICS has processed exactly 146,361,074 firearm purchase background checks. The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that, in 2015, about 23% of the total U.S. population of 321 million were under 18 years of age. We should be looking at 21 or over, but don't have those numbers. Even at 18-and-over only, that puts the adult population at about 247 million.

That means, during the current POTUS administration, there was at least one NICS firearm purchase background check processed for a number representing 59.3% of the entire adult population in the U.S. And millions who are licensed are not counted among those numbers.

In comparison, during the last Republican president's administration, the two terms of George W. Bush--during which occurred the most devastating terror attack on U.S. soil in history--a total of 56,439,694 NICS firearm purchase background checks were processed. Obama has Bush beat by about 90 million, and he still has five months to go for the final tally. By the end of next January, we'll be very close to three times the number of NICS checks under the Obama administration compared to the Bush presidency.

The meme that there has been no better gun salesman than Barack Obama is absolutely true. And I hope it keeps him, Hillary, Chuck Schumer, Bloomberg, Soros, and all the other politico gun grabbers up at night knowing that a liberal administration equates to ever-greater gun sales.

You win, you'll still lose. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Skiprr wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:The fact that American citizens' gun ownership continues to rise doesn't fit the MSM and Democrat's narratives. They keep telling the lies, but as others have noted, firearms and ammo manufacturers are turning out record numbers of products which has to alarm the gun grabbers.

To paraphrase Al Gore: An inconvenient truth, though an indisputable one, is the record of NICS firearm purchase background checks run. It's probably the best indicator of U.S. firearms sales, though the FBI, and quite rightly, cautions that, "Based on varying state laws and purchase scenarios, a one-to-one correlation cannot be made between a firearm background check and a firearm sale." Here and in other states, people with a license to carry do not have to run through the NICS system in order to purchase a firearm, so I have to believe that the total numbers of NICS checks are, if anything, on the conservative side when it comes to actual firearms sales to the public.

In 2015, we saw 23,141,970 NICS background checks performed. That's over twice the number performed in 2007. For 2016, we're at 17,880.475 and counting.

So let's see... During Barack Obama's term in office, through this past August 31, NICS has processed exactly 146,361,074 firearm purchase background checks. The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that, in 2015, about 23% of the total U.S. population of 321 million were under 18 years of age. We should be looking at 21 or over, but don't have those numbers. Even at 18-and-over only, that puts the adult population at about 247 million.

That means, during the current POTUS administration, there was at least one NICS firearm purchase background check processed for a number representing 59.3% of the entire adult population in the U.S. And millions who are licensed are not counted among those numbers.

In comparison, during the last Republican president's administration, the two terms of George W. Bush--during which occurred the most devastating terror attack on U.S. soil in history--a total of 56,439,694 NICS firearm purchase background checks were processed. Obama has Bush beat by about 90 million, and he still has five months to go for the final tally. By the end of next January, we'll be very close to three times the number of NICS checks under the Obama administration compared to the Bush presidency.

The meme that there has been no better gun salesman than Barack Obama is absolutely true. And I hope it keeps him, Hillary, Chuck Schumer, Bloomberg, Soros, and all the other politico gun grabbers up at night knowing that a liberal administration equates to ever-greater gun sales.

You win, you'll still lose. ;-)

Factor in the fact that the economy has moved more slowly during this administration's years than at any time in history since the Great Depression, indicates that whatever disposable income Americans do have, is being spent on guns and ammunition, which shows just how important, keeping and bearing arms is to the American people.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Well for one, I don't have a landline, which I believe is how phone surveys are still conducted. Landlines are decreasing due to the popularity of cell phones.

For two, isn't your landline tied to your home address via the phone book and/or 411/information?

For three, even if I had a landline and someone called and asked if I had guns, I would lie and say no. Why? Because my address is tied to that number. I don't want to tell a stranger what I have in my home.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

mr1337 wrote:Well for one, I don't have a landline, which I believe is how phone surveys are still conducted. Landlines are decreasing due to the popularity of cell phones.

For two, isn't your landline tied to your home address via the phone book and/or 411/information?

For three, even if I had a landline and someone called and asked if I had guns, I would lie and say no. Why? Because my address is tied to that number. I don't want to tell a stranger what I have in my home.

That is exactly why the numbers put out by these surveys, are misleading. I agree, I never take phone surveys, I have better things to do with my time. If I want my opinion heard I contact lawmakers, etc. Even if I have an opinion, I don't care what poll numbers say. And I'm sure not going to tell a stranger on the phone about anything I own. I would even deny owning a telephone if they ask. :biggrinjester:

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

mr1337 wrote:...even if I had a landline and someone called and asked if I had guns, I would lie and say no. Why? Because my address is tied to that number. I don't want to tell a stranger what I have in my home.
Hmm, saying "no" for gun ownership might actually encourage a visit to a soft target.

I'd suggest just politely excusing yourself and ending the call when an anonymous caller asks for personal info.

And if some supposed authority calls you and wants to confirm your identity by you giving them personal info, don't do that either. My wife gave our bank account number to a "bank auditor" who was concerned about the security of our bank account. She had been convinced the caller was genuine but when I called the bank to confirm we learned it was a con. Of course, we immediately froze the account and no damage had been done.

Have you noticed how many phone solicitations you get where the caller asks if you are so-and-so before they identify themselves. Dumb. I say "maybe" and them let them figure out they should identify themself and give their reason for calling. What ever happened to common sense?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

dale blanker wrote:
mr1337 wrote:...even if I had a landline and someone called and asked if I had guns, I would lie and say no. Why? Because my address is tied to that number. I don't want to tell a stranger what I have in my home.
Hmm, saying "no" for gun ownership might actually encourage a visit to a soft target.
I guess they would just have to find out the hard way how soft the target is. I'd rather they come under prepared than over.

If someone was actually being nefarious in a phone poll to case potential houses, not answering the question would be almost as good as confirming that you do have firearms.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

mr1337 wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
I guess they would just have to find out the hard way how soft the target is. I'd rather they come under prepared than over.

If someone was actually being nefarious in a phone poll to case potential houses, not answering the question would be almost as good as confirming that you do have firearms.

Yeah, they never get that far with their questions. Once they ask if I would take a poll/survey etc.. I end the call.

Funny story, once, while recovering from shoulder surgery, while probably under the influence of pain meds, I got a call from someone wanting to sell vinyl siding. I usually say no and hang up, but being bored (and probably well medicated as I said) I let them finish their spiel. When they were done I said. "That sounds like a great deal. I'm going to call my bankruptcy attorney and see if I can use my credit card for that." There was a stunned silence on the other end, then some mumbling, and the they said well we will check back with you later. :shock:

Haven'gotten any more phone calls selling siding. :biggrinjester:

Return to “National Rifle Association”