NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Post by TreyHouston »

If you believe in the NRA, Then go and enjoy yourself. You need not to care about what others think. They are a dime a dozen. :thumbs2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I know that I am going to a counter protest on Saturday to heckle the “March for our LIES” hipster kids. But that is what I want to do...

In talking with DPD, all protest activity will be way over in front of city hall. You will be able to get in without having to wade through a sea of skinny jeans and tide pods.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grundy1133 »

why would anyone be worried? it'd be kinda dumb for a BG to show up at a convention where literally every member there is carrying a firearm....
NRA Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

I wish my Benefactor pin was bigger.
I may need to order a ball cap before I go.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

When I went to the NRA convention in Houston a few years ago, the massive protests promised turned out to be about a dozen or so misfits, who were so inconspicuous you would've figured they were just the usual vagrants if you didn't look closely.

I personally couldn't care if they came with a thousand antifa thugs. I'm going, and I will get in.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 10

Post by bblhd672 »

I’m worried, about where to park and how much it’s going to cost per day. I’m going all 3 days.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Excaliber wrote:When I went to the NRA convention in Houston a few years ago, the massive protests promised turned out to be about a dozen or so misfits, who were so inconspicuous you would've figured they were just the usual vagrants if you didn't look closely.

I personally couldn't care if they came with a thousand antifa thugs. I'm going, and I will get in.
:iagree: I normally don't go places where there are demonstrations but this one is an exception. I've crossed picket lines before in the Northeast. This will not be as bad.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

strogg
Posts in topic: 10

Post by strogg »

bblhd672 wrote:I’m worried, about where to park and how much it’s going to cost per day. I’m going all 3 days.
That's my number one worry too. I have no idea how the parking situation will be. I'll probably drive my small car there to help with parking. If the protests are anything like SHOT show this year, I won't be worried at all. If this is going to be 10x worse than the protests at SHOT show, then... well, we'll be expecting all of 10 weirdos.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I went there to the motorcycle show in February. Close in parking was $20 a day and the further away you got the price dropped. It may be more since this will be a much larger venue and these liberals running Dallas will try to make as much as they can off of us.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

howdy

Post by howdy »

If you are staying close to the convention, just Uber in to the area and walk or just Uber to the Convention Hall. Uber is pretty cheap. You can get an Uber App for your cell phone and it is super easy to use. Is this convention CC carry like Houston was?
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Park free at a TRE or a light rail parking lot. Jump on the light rail and it will take you directly to the convention center.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pawpaw »

howdy wrote:If you are staying close to the convention, just Uber in to the area and walk or just Uber to the Convention Hall. Uber is pretty cheap. You can get an Uber App for your cell phone and it is super easy to use. Is this convention CC carry like Houston was?
https://www.nraam.org/attend/firearms-policy/
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

I'm sure there will be some protesters but considering most attendees will be armed, I expect it to be peaceful.

But I will be on guard coming and going.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

chasfm11 wrote:
Excaliber wrote:When I went to the NRA convention in Houston a few years ago, the massive protests promised turned out to be about a dozen or so misfits, who were so inconspicuous you would've figured they were just the usual vagrants if you didn't look closely.

:iagree: I normally don't go places where there are demonstrations but this one is an exception. I've crossed picket lines before in the Northeast. This will not be as bad.
Talking about crossing picket lines. My stepbrother had to do that a few times. A buddy of his carried a foam based fire extenguisher with him. If they ran up screaming at them he squirted them in the face and kept on going.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “National Rifle Association”