NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Re: NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Post by jason812 »

I will go by my mailbox today and see if its in there. Kind of disappointed to here they are generic but I can understand why.

With the way the climate of the left is and today's technology, do you want your name on display? It would be easy to take a picture and capture names for the face that is walking in. I'll take off my tinfoil hat now...

Or, maybe it was just cheaper to make them all the same and the NRA can use the extra cash to do some good.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

All this interest in badges, I thought I would help you folks out.

SW-S642 (1).png
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

strogg
Posts in topic: 10

Post by strogg »

Woohoo! Just got mine in the mail. And boy... OK, my expectations were already very low. Extremely low. But no, somehow, the NRA hit the mark below the bar. I saw the letter. Looks great. I saw the badge holder. OK, it's an odd, nonstandard design. Fine. Wait, where's the badge? It's not in the holder. It's not on the letter or the letter itself. I looked in the envelope and saw a mailer insert buried in the bottom. Could that be it? No... it doesn't even look like a badge. It looks like an information sheet. It's not even on card stock! Oh, darn. But that's all I got. The mailer insert does fit in the badge holder though... Seriously, is that the badge? *sigh*

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Led Zepplin's take on the badges... :biggrinjester:
Excuse me
Oh will you excuse me
I'm just trying to find the badge... Has anybody seen the badge?

(Have you seen the badge?)
I ain't seen the badge!

(Where's that confounded badge?)
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grundy1133 »

strogg wrote:Woohoo! Just got mine in the mail. And boy... OK, my expectations were already very low. Extremely low. But no, somehow, the NRA hit the mark below the bar. I saw the letter. Looks great. I saw the badge holder. OK, it's an odd, nonstandard design. Fine. Wait, where's the badge? It's not in the holder. It's not on the letter or the letter itself. I looked in the envelope and saw a mailer insert buried in the bottom. Could that be it? No... it doesn't even look like a badge. It looks like an information sheet. It's not even on card stock! Oh, darn. But that's all I got. The mailer insert does fit in the badge holder though... Seriously, is that the badge? *sigh*
Same here. I even did a double take and pulled the envelope out of the trash to make sure i didnt accidentally throw it away... I was even gonna email them and tell them they sent the badge holder but forgot to send the badge... very underwhelming.
NRA Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

They are just tickets to get in the door and identify you as a member instead of an exhibitor or employee.. What's the big deal? If you really need a fancy badge you can have your own made as I showed in my previous post.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 8

Post by cyphertext »

mojo84 wrote:They are just tickets to get in the door and identify you as a member instead of an exhibitor or employee.. What's the big deal? If you really need a fancy badge you can have your own made as I showed in my previous post.
It isn't a big deal to me, just surprised that they aren't more personalized or have a QR code so that vendors could scan it and capture your info if you were interested in a product and wanted to be added to a mailing list.

thelurker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thelurker »

Grundy1133 wrote:
strogg wrote:Woohoo! Just got mine in the mail. And boy... OK, my expectations were already very low. Extremely low. But no, somehow, the NRA hit the mark below the bar. I saw the letter. Looks great. I saw the badge holder. OK, it's an odd, nonstandard design. Fine. Wait, where's the badge? It's not in the holder. It's not on the letter or the letter itself. I looked in the envelope and saw a mailer insert buried in the bottom. Could that be it? No... it doesn't even look like a badge. It looks like an information sheet. It's not even on card stock! Oh, darn. But that's all I got. The mailer insert does fit in the badge holder though... Seriously, is that the badge? *sigh*
Same here. I even did a double take and pulled the envelope out of the trash to make sure i didnt accidentally throw it away... I was even gonna email them and tell them they sent the badge holder but forgot to send the badge... very underwhelming.
Quit complaining already. You wanted in the exhibit...you're getting into the exhibit. Feel free to bedazzle till satisfied.

I would rather them spend money on keeping my 2A rights intact rather than having my name, rank and serial number emblazoned all over the place.

ETA: the insert states you can get an insignia to show your membership level, should you so desire. I couldn't care less, and will be attending as a "regular" member.
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

cyphertext wrote: It isn't a big deal to me, just surprised that they aren't more personalized or have a QR code so that vendors could scan it and capture your info if you were interested in a product and wanted to be added to a mailing list.
That would have been an inexpensive value add for all. I'm hoping I can cover everything on my list in a day. (can only go one day) so the QR would have been a great benefit [potentially].

montgomery
Posts in topic: 8

Post by montgomery »

still waiting for mine - but now i am starting to think if it came in a really cheap looking package i may have mistaken it for junk mail and thrown it out.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

cyphertext wrote:
mojo84 wrote:They are just tickets to get in the door and identify you as a member instead of an exhibitor or employee.. What's the big deal? If you really need a fancy badge you can have your own made as I showed in my previous post.
It isn't a big deal to me, just surprised that they aren't more personalized or have a QR code so that vendors could scan it and capture your info if you were interested in a product and wanted to be added to a mailing list.
I was very surprised that the badges didn't have QR codes (or something similar) for exactly this reason..
Not being able to swipe a badge to get on an exhibitor information list is very 1980's. :lol:

FYI... Make your own QR code... http://www.i-nigma.com/CreateBarcodes.html
Not sure who will be set up to read it, however.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

strogg

Post by strogg »

Hey, I'm not complaining that it didn't come personalized with gold embroidery or with anything fancy shmancy. They were making such a big deal about the meeting that I was expecting something more than, "Let's hope they realize this is the badge."

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grundy1133 »

thelurker wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Quit complaining already. You wanted in the exhibit...you're getting into the exhibit. Feel free to bedazzle till satisfied.

I would rather them spend money on keeping my 2A rights intact rather than having my name, rank and serial number emblazoned all over the place.

ETA: the insert states you can get an insignia to show your membership level, should you so desire. I couldn't care less, and will be attending as a "regular" member.
not complaining... simply stating that I've never been before so i actually almost threw the inserts away until i realize that THAT was the badge. nothing on it says "admission" or anything. I just thought it was an itinerary and was gonna toss it.
NRA Member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pawpaw »

montgomery wrote:still waiting for mine - but now i am starting to think if it came in a really cheap looking package i may have mistaken it for junk mail and thrown it out.
There's very little chance of that. It came in a bubble padded envelope about as big as a piece of printer paper.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

strogg wrote:Hey, I'm not complaining that it didn't come personalized with gold embroidery or with anything fancy shmancy. They were making such a big deal about the meeting that I was expecting something more than, "Let's hope they realize this is the badge."
:lol: Clearly you are not alone in thinking this way. :iagree:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “National Rifle Association”