NRA Leader LaPierre Says Being Extorted,

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Ruark
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1169
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: NRA Leader LaPierre Says Being Extorted,

#61

Post by Ruark » Thu May 16, 2019 3:55 pm

While shrieks of alarm at $40,000 Beverly Hills shopping orgies blare throughout the media, rest assured that if the lawsuit reveals information that completely exonerates LaPierre of any wrongdoing, you won't hear a peep about it.
-Ruark

User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1903
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: NRA Leader LaPierre Says Being Extorted,

#62

Post by Vol Texan » Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:53 pm
NathanJK wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:25 am
G.A. Heath wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:05 pm
NathanJK wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:21 pm
All of that glosses over the meat of the subject. Wayne makes millions of dollars every year working for a “non-profit” using members dues. Then we find out he’s blowing 280 grand on clothes on rodeo drive, putting an intern up in a rented apartment and jetting all over using up even more money? If things were great maybe it’d be no big deal, but this is the guy who didn’t even try to fight the bumpstock deal, supports red flag laws, and hasn’t gotten the ball into the end zone on the HPA. Let’s not even get into the 24 or whatever it is million dollars to the law firm, I’m sure it’s TOTALLY on the up and up to pay them 100k a day. It’s so legitimate some board member or Oliver North himself had to leak their concerns.

It’s sickening that you publicly commented on this issue to the news. It’s got thug written all over it, and you are over there just polishing away. You and Wayne should both be ousted.
To accuse Charles of thug tactics like you are shows you are not fully aware of the work that man has done for gun rights. In the last ten years he has achieved more for advancing second amendment issues than many people will achieve in the same field over a lifetime. He has put his own personal reputation and finances on the line to advance our cause and here you are mad that he is essentially asking people to stop the infighting and get back to protecting our rights? Based on the latest nonsense in the media and in public the NRA doesn't need to worry about gun grabbers and New York attorney's destroying it, it needs to worry about the all or nothing crowd along with the people that claim to support gun rights while pushing the "NAGR, GOA, and even mad mommies but NEVER NRA!!!!!!!" agenda.
I’m aware of his efforts and I’m aware that I’ve personally benefited from them. Those past “rights” don’t fix this wrong. It’s a new day, with a huge mistake. He could have just said “I have no comment at this time” and been done. Now, he looks like he’s helping Wayne be a very well compensated, grade a dirt ball.
I hope that someday you are held to your own standard; i.e. guilty because of mere allegations made by people with their own agenda.

Now show us which statement I made that you claim is false. Do that, or don't post again.

Chas.
I'm reminded of the ridiculous words of the democrat congressional leaders about Reagan making a deal with Iran to hold the hostages until after the election. The wording they used was, ""We have no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, but the seriousness of the allegations, and the weight of circumstantial information, compel an effort to establish the facts."

In other words, we have no proof he did anything wrong, but it sounds sooooo bad that we have to make a big deal about it!" That, Mr NathanJK is the same sort of shallow thinking that's going into the attacks on the NRA, LaPierre, and now Mr. Cotton by you. Charles has done more to support the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms than any other man or woman I've ever met, and I'm amazed that you'd come onto this forum that he provides free of charge for you, and use it to berate him.
Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor & NRA Pistol Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Armored Cav. | Tennessee Squire


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: NRA Leader LaPierre Says Being Extorted,

#63

Post by jason812 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Vol Texan wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm

I'm reminded of the ridiculous words of the democrat congressional leaders about Reagan making a deal with Iran to hold the hostages until after the election. The wording they used was, ""We have no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, but the seriousness of the allegations, and the weight of circumstantial information, compel an effort to establish the facts."

In other words, we have no proof he did anything wrong, but it sounds sooooo bad that we have to make a big deal about it!" That, Mr NathanJK is the same sort of shallow thinking that's going into the attacks on the NRA, LaPierre, and now Mr. Cotton by you.
Sounds awfully similar to Russians, collusion, and obstruction.

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: NRA Leader LaPierre Says Being Extorted,

#64

Post by Bitter Clinger » Fri May 17, 2019 11:27 am

Image
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Post Reply

Return to “National Rifle Association”