NRA Threads and Bogus Attacks

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

NRA Threads and Bogus Attacks

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I am an attorney and the 1st VP of the NRA. Virtually every article published about the NRA is a lie or intentionally misleading half-truths. I cannot talk about them in detail without waiving privileges or hurting our strategy to prove what is actually going on. Lawsuits are never filed without very good reasons. We are fighting for the NRA's very existence. This requires taking legal action when necessary. Calling for people to stop supporting the NRA to cut off funding for lawsuits is something that would put smiles on the faces of the Bloomberg gang.

We will save the NRA and the full story, the whole truth, will come out making a lot of people look like the fools they truly are. The fact that some people will accept as truth false allegations from long-term anti-gun, anti-NRA people and organizations is mind-boggling. Their primary goal is to take the NRA out of the 2020 elections. Their second goal is to destroy the NRA so they can flood Congress with anti-gun legislation that will pass.

I wish I could say more, but at this point, I cannot. As I noted before, I am working on a podcast that will tell much of what is going on, but I simply cannot disclose everything until the lawsuits are over and we are finished with the NY AG investigation.

The Forum will not be used to weaken the NRA by promoting lies and urging members to no longer support it. If you must post such tripe, do it elsewhere. I and others are working hard to get the NRA through this attack and I simply will not tolerate people spewing crap when they don't know what's really happening. American gun owners, especially the 5+ million NRA members, deserve better. As with pretty much everything in life, hard times will separate true friends from pretenders.

Chas.

Jusme

Re: NRA Threads and Bogus Attacks

Post by Jusme »

Thanks Charles. I have stayed out of any discussions, here because, I never take any press reports at face value. I also know, that "inside sources" are more than likely plants, who have no more information, than the guy washing windows.
In fighting happens within any organization, but members, who are not on the inside, should not use it, as a way to denigrate an organization, with the track record of the NRA.
I don't know details, I'm not sure if I'm entitled to details, at this point, but I agree, the forces, hoping to destroy the NRA, are doing everything they can to not only spread disinformation, but work to divide us.
I will be standing by silently, awaiting the outcome of all litigation, but, will continue to financially support, the main organization, between us, and tyrannical gun grabbers. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Thanks Chas for your post.
The only 2ndA that was and still the "rifle" flag bearer is the NRA. All others Pro 2ndA organizations are only encouraged to support the NRA.
Internal fighting and disagreement could happen in any organization. However, internal divisions could break up large entities too.
Best wishes to rally the troops to support the old NRA.
Get your financial house in order and it would be safe sail to more calm waters.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Charles,

Thank you for this statement. We haven't met in person, but I've been here just shy of 10 years. In a sense, I feel like I know you and that you have earned a bond of trust that is usually difficult to do in online interactions.

Because of your character that I have seen here the past 10 years, I am grateful and comforted by your statement. I have to be honest that I have been concerned about some of the information that has been coming out. But I also realize anything negative about the NRA, even from other 2A supporters and groups, has to be viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism. The anti's I ignore, but infighting among ourselves will only hurt our continued push for our civil rights.

Thank you again for all you do on our behalf.

Ron
Ron
NRA Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I have avoided this thread but here is my one contribution,
No matter what you say or think the NRA is the Elephant in the room! I haven't always agreed with everything they do but when the gungrabbers start talking it's the NRA that they fear the most!
I'm hearing people complain about Donald Trump, saying they won't vote for him in 2020, so what's the alternative? The lunatic left? Swalwell? Biden? Voting for anybody but Donald Trump and your voting for somebody that wants to put you in a,concentration camp after they take your guns! My 2 cents.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

dlh

Post by dlh »

I hope this litigation gets resolved quickly--certainly far enough in front of the 2020 elections so as not to distract.
However, this type of litigation can take quite awhile to resolve what with introductory discovery, depositions, motions for partial and full summary judgment, and on and on.
We cannot let the Pelosi, Biden, Murphy, Blumenthal, Schiff crowd win!
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I had posted something similar last night and deleted it thinking not participating was a better idea, but after reading through this again I’ve decided to “undelete” the best I can.

I want to make it clear that I am not saying anyone shouldn’t support the NRA. That’s insane. I will continue to support the NRA. I simply am watching from the outside with concern, and I know others are as well. I want a strong NRA to fight for our rights; and I’m definitely not trying to split or weaken the NRA.

With all of that said, I won’t post or discuss the topic of the internal issues going on at the NRA here any more. I hope the storm does pass and I hope that we come out the other side stronger. I know we will.

As others have said, thank you for commenting on this.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Thank you Charles. :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Thank you, Charles. I and my family members continue to support the NRA.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

G40yes

Post by G40yes »

:iagree: Thank you Charles. It seems the phrase “Trust the Trustworthy” applies, with our clear understanding that those working or helping to divide or destroy the NRA are showing they are not among the trustworthy.

Long live this great Republic, the constitution and full Bill of Rights, the NRA, and the many, many others who defend it.
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I do not trust the media and I certainly do not trust the stories on the NRA. It is obvious people are trying to tear apart the NRA using it’s own membership. I do not know Wayne LaPierre, I do not know Chris Cox, I do not know Ollie North but fortunately I know Charles enough to know that I trust him and what he says and I am grateful we have him fighting for us through the NRA.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

mrvmax wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:47 pm I do not trust the media and I certainly do not trust the stories on the NRA. It is obvious people are trying to tear apart the NRA using it’s own membership. I do not know Wayne LaPierre, I do not know Chris Cox, I do not know Ollie North but fortunately I know Charles enough to know that I trust him and what he says and I am grateful we have him fighting for us through the NRA.
Ditto!
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

twomillenium wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:08 pm
mrvmax wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:47 pm I do not trust the media and I certainly do not trust the stories on the NRA. It is obvious people are trying to tear apart the NRA using it’s own membership. I do not know Wayne LaPierre, I do not know Chris Cox, I do not know Ollie North but fortunately I know Charles enough to know that I trust him and what he says and I am grateful we have him fighting for us through the NRA.
Ditto!
Well said! Those of us who know you have full trust in what you say.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Thank you for the update Chas! :txflag:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The NRA issued this statement regarding NRATV. I will miss Dana and Colin.
Dear NRA Members,

As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in NRATV is generating the benefits needed. This consideration included the return on investment and the cost and the direction of the content. Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment.

So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing “live TV” programming. Whether and when we return to “live” programming is a subject of ongoing analysis.

The NRA will continue and improve our service on social media channels and our flagship website, www.nra.org – your trusted resource of information. Our many web sites will continue to showcase new and archived videos, as we reorganize much of this information in a way that better serves our key audiences.

What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association. The NRA will always hold our vendors to high standards and ask that they maximize their value to the Association. No exceptions.

Looking ahead, you can expect great things from your NRA. We will energize our messaging strategy, become more cost efficient, and promote the NRA’s singular focus like never before. Simply put, our messaging strategy will advance the NRA’s core mission: to serve our members and fight for our Second Amendment.

Wayne
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Return to “National Rifle Association”