Hello. Though not a devotee of the .380 ACP, I do think some of the pistols firing the round are interesting. One is Beretta's single-stack Model 85F.
This pistol was slightly used when I purchased it at a good price. I may never use it for any "serious" purpose but that doesn't mean that others would make the same decision.
With its 8-round magazine and one in the barrel, this conventional DA/SA pistol is capable of 9 shots before reloading is mandatory.
Thus far, the gun has proven itself reliable with a number of factory loads from 95-gr. FMJ to various JHP's from Federal Classic 90-gr. JHP to Corbon's 80-gr. DPX and others.
The pistol is not the most compact in Mr. Browning's pocket cartridge but to me it is one of the more comfortable. Felt recoil, admittedly a subjective quantity, is by no means excessively sharp, heavy or any of the other negative descriptors sometimes assigned blowback actions...at least not to me.
The pistol's mechanical accuracy was quite satisfactory and two typical groups are shown on a single target below.
The two groups here were fired slow-fire and single-action from both 7 and 15 yards. I had my wrists braced and was in a sitting position at a bench. No effort was made at speed for these shots. At the closer distance POA was close enough to POI that I just aimed dead-on. At 15 yards, I found that a six-o'-clock hold kept the POA from being a tad too high. Shots fired at 7 yards are marked with a single-line. Those fired at 15 yards are circled. Most of the two groups overlap. Obviously, the spread & flyers are due to human error...mine!
Next I tried some more "practical" drills including a version of Mr. Higginbotham's standard controllability test for handguns.
If interested, a more detailed report is here:
http://hipowers-handguns.blogspot.com/2 ... 0-acp.html
Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.
- ↳ Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions
- ↳ Test Area
- ↳ Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)
- Resources & Links
- ↳ CHL Checklist
- ↳ Government resources & CHL-related links
- ↳ DPS Updates
- National Rifle Association, Texas Firearms Coalition & Good Guys United
- ↳ National Rifle Association
- ↳ Texas Firearms Coalition
- ↳ Good Guys United
- ↳ General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion
- ↳ General Texas CHL Discussion
- ↳ Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
- ↳ Rifles & Shotguns
- ↳ New to CHL?
- ↳ The "Waiting Room"
- ↳ Other States
- ↳ Shooting Ranges
- ↳ Reloading Forum
- ↳ Never Again!!
- ↳ Competitive Shooting
- ↳ Hunting Photos
- ↳ Books & Videos
- ↳ Off-Topic
- ↳ Ladies
- ↳ Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!
- ↳ Holsters & Accessories
- ↳ LEO Contacts & Bloopers
- ↳ "How To" Tips
- ↳ Job Board
- ↳ Camp's Corner
- ↳ Prayer Requests & Updates
- ↳ The Crime Blotter
- ↳ Self-Defense Reports
- ↳ Training & Practice
- Instructors , Classes and Training
- ↳ LTC Class Schedules & Locations
- ↳ Basic & Advanced Training (Non-LTC)
- ↳ Past Classes
- ↳ Instructors' Corner
- ↳ General
- Market: Buy, Sell, Trade - Please check the minimum posting requirements in Forum Rule 13
- ↳ Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies
- ↳ Firearms
- ↳ FFL Holders
- ↳ Closed Items
- ↳ Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal
- ↳ Non-Firearm related items
- Community Service Announcements
- ↳ General Announcements
- ↳ Animal Rescue
- ↳ Prior Year TexasCHLforum Days
- ↳ 2012 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008
- ↳ Feedback - 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2007 TexasCHLforum Day
- ↳ General Legislative Discussions
- ↳ 2019 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ Governor's Abbott's "School and Firearm Safety Action Plan"
- ↳ Crimes on Campus
- ↳ Prior Session: 2005 - 2017
- ↳ 2015 Legislative Session
- ↳ 2013 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2013 Calls-To-Action
- ↳ 2011 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2009 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2007 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2005 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ Goals for 2007
- ↳ Concealed Carry on College Campuses
- ↳ 2017 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2017 Legislative Wish List
- ↳ Federal
- ↳ Prior Year Elections
- ↳ 2012 Texas & Federal Elections
- ↳ Texas - 2008
- ↳ Federal - 2008
- ↳ 2014 Elections