An Odd CZ-75...

Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

An Odd CZ-75...

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. Over the years I've had continually good luck with CZ-75 pistols. I bought mine in the '80's when the prices were quite a bit higher than today due to everyone wanting one, but import laws prohibiting their influx into the US. I have a few of the silly things and were I going with a DA/SA auto in 9mm or couldn't have a Hi Power, I'd probably go with the CZ-75, but that's a different story.

Here's one that's somewhat interesting.

A mid-80's CZ-75 as it came from the factory NIB and unfired to this day. I have a few others that I do shoot.

I doubt that this gun is particularly valuable, but it is somewhat unusual.

Here's why. The picture says it all. It was made in Switzerland. I think this was a gun that was made while CZ was in negotiations to have the gun made from behind the Iron Curtain. The deal fell through, but apparently some guns are marked like this one. I read about them now and again, but have never personally seen another like it.

The gun came in the original flimsy cardboard box with the usual not too inspiring test target from the factory. Fit and finish do not seem any better or worse on this one than my other Pre-B CZ75 pistols.

Best.

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

I am a big fan of CZ pistols - owned a 97 and extensively shot a couple of 75s. That picture is interresting.

Do you mind saying how much you paid for it? I would have a hard time buying a CZ as a collector's item - they just scream SHOOT ME.

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello. I'd shoot that one if I didn't have a few others like it. I paid $500 cash for it in 1980's dollars, which was nearly "half-price" for them at the time.

Best.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I am a big CZ fan. Around 1990 I had a Pre B that looked like your first picture. Unfortunately hard times caused me to sell it. :cry:

Now I have a CZ 85B and a CZ 75B compact.

Here's a picture of the first 5 rounds ever fired from my 85. :twisted:

The CZ pistols quality far exceeds their price imho.

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello. Here are a couple of the Pre-B's that I do shoot:

Best.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Stephen:

Those are two beautiful pistols!

Chas.

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello and thanks. I believe that the biggest critters I've ever used either on have been javelina.

Best.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I regret that I don't have my CZ-75b anymore. That was a great gun.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Stephen, you're quite right that this is an oddball. It's quite strange.

You should worry that it will contaminate your other CZs and HPs. As a gesture of friendship, I'll give it a nice secure spot in my safe, so that your guns will be safe. Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of charging you a dime.

It's the least I can do. :grin:

The Czechs are mighty fine gunmakers. I've never seen anything from CZ that I'd turn down if the price was reasonable. And with CZ, the price is almost always reasonable.

As a cruffler, I've wanted a CZ-52 for the longest time, but as a Scot, I have a hard time turning loose of money, even as cheap as '52s have been (and still remain). I even bought a box of 7.62x25 ammo first, relying on the old cruffler mating call, certain the ammo would woo its true love home.

Alas, true love remains unrequited. :cry:

Kevin

Return to “Camp's Corner”