TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Topic author
terryg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#16

Post by terryg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Purplehood wrote:I really doubt that 18.35 miles is correct (FM1960 and Champion Forest area).

I drive from home in NW Houston to work (inside the 610 loop) one way 26 miles. Friendswood is further south.

I hate MapQuest.
Goggle says your 46.4 mi away. But it didn't change your ranking - still number 2.
Attachments
map.JPG
... this space intentionally left blank ...

User avatar

Purplehood
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4638
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#17

Post by Purplehood » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Those country boys and girls in Tomball are always trying to one-up folks...
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07


tomc
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:42 am
Location: Dallas

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#18

Post by tomc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:13 pm

OK, I'll be the first. 291 miles from N Dallas.
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

User avatar

Topic author
terryg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#19

Post by terryg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:22 pm

tomc wrote:OK, I'll be the first. 291 miles from N Dallas.
Your now at the #1 spot. I suspect that may hold for awhile.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

User avatar

TLynnHughes
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 772
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#20

Post by TLynnHughes » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:34 pm

terryg wrote:I'm just curious who to see who is traveling the farthest to this event? I am very fortunate to live very close to the range - 3.5 miles. Post your distances (street miles, not as the crow flies) and I will keep the top 10 current in the OP. You can post your home city if you want as well.


1. tomc - Dallas, TX - 91 mi
2. USA1 - Tomball, TX - 54 mi
3. Purplehood - Houston, TX - 46.4 mi
4. TLynnHughes - - 14.9 mi
5. williamkevin - - 14.9 mi
6. gwashorn - Alvin, TX - 7.9 mi
7. terryg - Alvin, TX - 3.5 mi
8.
9.
10.
I'm not real sure, but I think it's a bit further from Dallas than 91 miles. :confused5

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.


"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

User avatar

Topic author
terryg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#21

Post by terryg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:04 pm

TLynnHughes wrote:
terryg wrote:I'm just curious who to see who is traveling the farthest to this event? I am very fortunate to live very close to the range - 3.5 miles. Post your distances (street miles, not as the crow flies) and I will keep the top 10 current in the OP. You can post your home city if you want as well.


1. tomc - Dallas, TX - 91 mi
2. USA1 - Tomball, TX - 54 mi
3. Purplehood - Houston, TX - 46.4 mi
4. TLynnHughes - - 14.9 mi
5. williamkevin - - 14.9 mi
6. gwashorn - Alvin, TX - 7.9 mi
7. terryg - Alvin, TX - 3.5 mi
8.
9.
10.
I'm not real sure, but I think it's a bit further from Dallas than 91 miles. :confused5

T.
oops - who stole my '2'? (fixed)
... this space intentionally left blank ...

User avatar

USA1
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 7412
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Tomball ,Texas
Contact:

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#22

Post by USA1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Purplehood wrote:Those country boys and girls in Tomball are always trying to one-up folks...
:mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 16571
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#23

Post by WildBill » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:49 pm

USA1 wrote:
Purplehood wrote:Those country boys and girls in Tomball are always trying to one-up folks...
:mrgreen:
I didn't realize that it was a contest. What's the prize? :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

USA1
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 7412
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Tomball ,Texas
Contact:

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#24

Post by USA1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:04 pm

WildBill wrote:
USA1 wrote:
Purplehood wrote:Those country boys and girls in Tomball are always trying to one-up folks...
:mrgreen:
I didn't realize that it was a contest. What's the prize? :mrgreen:
I think I remember terryg saying something about providing an
all expense paid weekend for two at the Hyatt Regency Downtown for the winner.
Right terryg? :razz:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 16571
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#25

Post by WildBill » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:06 pm

USA1 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
USA1 wrote:
Purplehood wrote:Those country boys and girls in Tomball are always trying to one-up folks...
:mrgreen:
I didn't realize that it was a contest. What's the prize? :mrgreen:
I think I remember terryg saying something about providing an
all expense paid weekend for two at the Hyatt Regency Downtown for the winner.
Right terryg? :razz:
Downtown Alvin??? :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 23948
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#26

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:09 pm

292 miles, coming from Grapevine, per Google Maps. I got tomc beat by 1 mile! :mrgreen:
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 16571
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#27

Post by WildBill » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:10 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:292 miles, coming from Grapevine, per Google Maps. I got tomc beat by 1 mile! :mrgreen:
Let me know how you like the Alvin Regency Hyatt. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

USA1
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 7412
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Tomball ,Texas
Contact:

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#28

Post by USA1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:16 pm

WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:292 miles, coming from Grapevine, per Google Maps. I got tomc beat by 1 mile! :mrgreen:
Let me know how you like the Alvin Regency Hyatt. :mrgreen:
Here's a picture from the brochure...Enjoy your stay. Continental breakfast served promptly at 9am.

Image
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 16571
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#29

Post by WildBill » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Here's a picture from the brochure...Enjoy your stay. Continental breakfast served promptly at 9am.

Image

That picture looks very familiar to me. Maybe from a Stephen King novel? :shock:
NRA Endowment Member


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3315
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: TXCHLFDay 2010 - Who is traveling the farthest?

#30

Post by chasfm11 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:31 pm

OK, it's time to play "trump"

297 miles from my front door to the Best Western in Clear Lake where I have a reservation. PSC is actually further yet. I'm using Delorme's Street Atlas and am getting the calculation from it. I'll be able to demonstrate it when I arrive.

Chas
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

Post Reply

Return to “2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”