Video cameras?

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jamisjockey
Posts in topic: 3

Video cameras?

Post by jamisjockey »

Was thinking of bringing the camera and wanted to make sure there weren't any rules against it?

bnc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Video cameras?

Post by bnc »

If it is allowed, I'd still ask people if they are okay being videotaped. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like being photographed or taped.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Sorry, but no video or audio recording! I want to be candid with people, especially when answering questions. If I'm being recorded, I'll give the bare-bones law school answer.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

bnc wrote:If it is allowed, I'd still ask people if they are okay being videotaped. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like being photographed or taped.
If you're coming to the TexasCHLforum Day then be sure to tell any photographers or videographers you don't want to be in "the shot." There are always a lot of people with cameras and I'll probably take a good number of shots as well.

Chas.

Topic author
jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

Just to be clear, I wasn't intending on recording any classes or asking questions on video. My main interest was in video taping the Texas star.... :fire and possibly having someone video tape me taking a whack at the star. :fire

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

jamisjockey wrote:Just to be clear, I wasn't intending on recording any classes or asking questions on video. My main interest was in video taping the Texas star.... :fire and possibly having someone video tape me taking a whack at the star. :fire
I'm sorry, I misunderstood. You can certainly do that.

Chas.

Bart
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bart »

Last edited by Bart on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Bart wrote:If you want someone to videotape you shooting the Texas Star, that's one thing. However, good manners require permission of the subject before videotaping someone else.
If you come to a public event like the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC, then you can expect to be photographed and recorded on video. Anyone who doesn't want either can certainly let the photographer know and their wishes will be honored. That is a practical and workable format; stopping to ask 100 to 125 people before every "shot" will not.

I also disagree that it's "good manners to require permission of the subject" before videotaping. It's done all the time at public events.

Chas.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I personally would not want anyone videoing me shooting that confounded, bedeviled, doggone, infernal, snakebit, star-crossed, unsanctified, villainous thing they call a Texas Star. It is nothing but an ammo waster and any video of me would show how bad a shot I am on one. :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Bart

Post by Bart »

Last edited by Bart on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Keith B wrote:I personally would not want anyone videoing me shooting that confounded, bedeviled, doggone, infernal, snakebit, star-crossed, unsanctified, villainous thing they call a Texas Star. It is nothing but an ammo waster and any video of me would show how bad a shot I am on one. :lol:
I would hate to be video taped doing the Texas Star, then there would be evidence of how much ammo I shot and could not hide it from the wife.....

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

USA1

Post by USA1 »

If anyone takes my picture, make sure you get my good side. :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

Yep I'd ask before taping anyone. I'm not some high faluting videoagrapher, its just a home mini camcorder. If you have that look, you know, like you might smoke the star in some blazing fast speed, I'll probably be asking permission to tape :tiphat:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Keith B wrote:I personally would not want anyone videoing me shooting that confounded, bedeviled, doggone, infernal, snakebit, star-crossed, unsanctified, villainous thing they call a Texas Star. It is nothing but an ammo waster and any video of me would show how bad a shot I am on one. :lol:
I've seen you shoot, so I understand your concern Keith. :leaving

Chas.

Just kidding buddy.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I posted our policy on photographs and video recording at the 2010 TexaCHLforum Day at PSC here. If you are coming to this year's event, please read this policy. It will also be posted at the range and I will email a copy to everyone who is registered. Our goal is to capture the event photographically to promote safe and responsible gun ownership and usage, while honoring anyone's desire not to be photographed.

Chas.

Return to “2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”