WI: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6804
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

WI: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#1

Post by ELB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:48 am

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chaos-walmar ... teals-food

Text of Eau Claire PD Facebook posting:
Eau Claire Police Department
on Thursday.

Last night shortly before 8:30pm Officers were called to Walmart for a retail theft in progress. They were told a female, and her dog had shoplifted items from the store. When Officers arrived at Walmart they found the female, Lisa Smith 46yo, screaming in the entryway and trying to catch her dog "Bo". They also learned that her son, Benny Vann 25yo, was in the store causing problems.

In trying to figure out what happened, Officers learned Smith had come into Walmart with her unleashed Dog "Bo." While Bo ran up to customers, Smith erratically started pulling apart store displays and placing them in her cart. She was asked to leave by staff and left the store to perform karate moves in the parking lot. In the meantime, Bo got a box of Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix and tried to leave the store. Smith was arrested and fought with Officers -- she also attempted to kick out a window on the squad car.

While this was occurring, Vann had made his way to the back of the store and removed all of his clothing exposing himself to other customers. Vann retrieved new clothing from the racks but did not purchase these items. When Officers approached Vann he refused to stop and attempted to run over an Officer with his scooter. Officers physically stopped the scooter and arrested Vann.

Smith was arrested for Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest, and Misdemeanor Bail Jumping. Vann was arrested for Lewd and Lascivious Behavior, Disorderly Conduct and Retail Theft. Bo was caught by Officers in the store and brought to the Humane Association. The dog was not charged – we issued him a warning for the theft 😉
That was some wally walk!

Go check out the mugshots.

I hope Bo finds a good home.
Last edited by ELB on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4819
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: IN: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#2

Post by Jusme » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:56 am

Genetics don't lie!! "rlol"

I think Bo was just hoping anyone else would take him home. I'll bet Thanksgiving is a real blast at their house!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


DynamicDan
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Re: IN: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#3

Post by DynamicDan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Wow poor dog

User avatar

Topic author
ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6804
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: IN: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#4

Post by ELB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 pm

The family that meths together...
USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:

User avatar

JustSomeOldGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am

Re: IN: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#5

Post by JustSomeOldGuy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:36 pm

What, no mug shot of the dog!? I'm disappointed. Or if Bo is a pointer, then I'm disappointered..... :biggrinjester:
The dog at least can be rehabilitated.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

User avatar

jmorris
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: Cibolo
Contact:

Re: IN: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#6

Post by jmorris » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 pm

WI, not IN.
Jay E Morris, Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC, Cibolo, Tx
NRA Lifetime
TSRA Lifetime (as of my 2019 official old fart birthday)
NRA Recruiter (link)

User avatar

Topic author
ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6804
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: IN: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#7

Post by ELB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:01 pm

jmorris wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 pm
WI, not IN.
D'oh! I had been reading a bunch of stories out of Indiana, missed crossing the state line.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:


WildRose
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

Re: WI: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#8

Post by WildRose » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm

ELB wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:48 am
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chaos-walmar ... teals-food

Text of Eau Claire PD Facebook posting:
Eau Claire Police Department
on Thursday.

Last night shortly before 8:30pm Officers were called to Walmart for a retail theft in progress. They were told a female, and her dog had shoplifted items from the store. When Officers arrived at Walmart they found the female, Lisa Smith 46yo, screaming in the entryway and trying to catch her dog "Bo". They also learned that her son, Benny Vann 25yo, was in the store causing problems.

In trying to figure out what happened, Officers learned Smith had come into Walmart with her unleashed Dog "Bo." While Bo ran up to customers, Smith erratically started pulling apart store displays and placing them in her cart. She was asked to leave by staff and left the store to perform karate moves in the parking lot. In the meantime, Bo got a box of Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix and tried to leave the store. Smith was arrested and fought with Officers -- she also attempted to kick out a window on the squad car.

While this was occurring, Vann had made his way to the back of the store and removed all of his clothing exposing himself to other customers. Vann retrieved new clothing from the racks but did not purchase these items. When Officers approached Vann he refused to stop and attempted to run over an Officer with his scooter. Officers physically stopped the scooter and arrested Vann.

Smith was arrested for Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest, and Misdemeanor Bail Jumping. Vann was arrested for Lewd and Lascivious Behavior, Disorderly Conduct and Retail Theft. Bo was caught by Officers in the store and brought to the Humane Association. The dog was not charged – we issued him a warning for the theft 😉
That was some wally walk!

Go check out the mugshots.

I hope Bo finds a good home.
I hope Bo made a clean getaway!

The dog should be free, the owner and her "son" belong in a cage.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.


jordanmills
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am

Re: WI: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#9

Post by jordanmills » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Oh Eau Claire!


DXer
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Re: WI: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#10

Post by DXer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 pm

How does a 46 year old woman manage to have the face of a 75 year old? Good golly.

User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8499
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: WI: Chaos at Walmart as woman performs karate, son exposes himself, dog steals food, police say

#11

Post by joe817 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:00 pm

DXer wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 pm
How does a 46 year old woman manage to have the face of a 75 year old? Good golly.
Like ELB said above: "The family that meths together..."
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”