TX:The mean streets of Houston

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 115
Posts: 9315
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#166

Post by philip964 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:00 pm

https://abc13.com/woman-shoots-man-who- ... e/5511638/

Woman shoots man who reached in her car to try and steal her purse.


hondo44
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#167

Post by hondo44 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:09 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:00 pm
https://abc13.com/woman-shoots-man-who- ... e/5511638/

Woman shoots man who reached in her car to try and steal her purse.
2:30AM in the fifth ward? This is a drug deal gone bad, not a purse snatching. I know how these people are, I have driven through this area on many occasions for work.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 115
Posts: 9315
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#168

Post by philip964 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:41 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ghters-say

Man throws a Molotov cocktail through the window of a house, then begins chasing the woman who lived in the house down the street, while stabbing her.

Neighbor comes out of the house and shoots the arsonist stabber to death.

Woman is in critical condition.

The story does not end with charges are not expected against the hero. Or a grand jury will hear the case.

I think the house is a total loss.

As one commenter mentioned “ good shooting Tex”


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 115
Posts: 9315
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#169

Post by philip964 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:20 pm

https://abc13.com/woman-killed-even-as- ... e/5522054/

Husband and wife murder in the street. Wife ran for life, killer ran her down and murdered her.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7314
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#170

Post by anygunanywhere » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:12 pm

hondo44 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:09 pm
philip964 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:00 pm
https://abc13.com/woman-shoots-man-who- ... e/5511638/

Woman shoots man who reached in her car to try and steal her purse.
2:30AM in the fifth ward? This is a drug deal gone bad, not a purse snatching. I know how these people are, I have driven through this area on many occasions for work.
Right. For work. Sure. ;-)
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: Its patriotism, Its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." Joseph Stalin


LDP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#171

Post by LDP » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:45 pm

Archery1 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Not Houston, but not that far of South Houston. Home invasion caught on camera a few miles from me. 4 suspects, heavily armed: https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... 06cc4e0d92
"There were people in the home but no one was hurt."
Wait .. what?
4 perps enter the home with people in it and 4 perps leave unharmed?
FAIL!!! :mad5


Archery1
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 am

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#172

Post by Archery1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:20 pm

LDP wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:45 pm
Archery1 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Not Houston, but not that far of South Houston. Home invasion caught on camera a few miles from me. 4 suspects, heavily armed: https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... 06cc4e0d92
"There were people in the home but no one was hurt."
Wait .. what?
4 perps enter the home with people in it and 4 perps leave unharmed?
FAIL!!! :mad5
Subsequent reports are that family, many occupants, were in the payday lending business and known to carry home cash for next day deposits. Being investigated as possible inside job, or at least by some who knew the deposit habits. That day, they didn't have cash but did have cell phones taken, of which, had tracking software leading to disposal site in South Houston.


Archery1
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 am

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#173

Post by Archery1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:28 pm

This morning, woman in the neighborhood claimed on our community FB page to have been attacked. Come to find out, there have been sightings of culprit going back a few days and LE was already looking. Anyways, interesting happenings!!!

"Animal control officers are roaming parts of Santa Fe in search of some type of monkey that has been reportedly sighted in parts of Santa Fe."

"There are unconfirmed reports the monkey has been aggressive towards people."

Link: https://www.facebook.com/i45NOW/?__tn__ ... ReFy83AY5t


RSX11
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#174

Post by RSX11 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:28 pm

It happens. We once found a spider monkey sitting on the curb near Alabama and Mandell (a middlin' centralish part of Houston). We couldn't find anyone in the neighborhood looking for it, so one of my friends adopted it and it lived in the dorm at Rice for a few years, until graduation (ours, not his), when it moved out to the farm his parents had retired to.


Archery1
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 am

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#175

Post by Archery1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:51 pm

RSX11 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:28 pm
It happens. We once found a spider monkey sitting on the curb near Alabama and Mandell (a middlin' centralish part of Houston). We couldn't find anyone in the neighborhood looking for it, so one of my friends adopted it and it lived in the dorm at Rice for a few years, until graduation (ours, not his), when it moved out to the farm his parents had retired to.
Wow!!! Always wanted a monkey when I was younger. One just falls in your lap! Well, TPWD is saying this is a chimpanzee (not sure where they know this), and he's reported to be harassing. They better find this guy or the whole town is gonna be out hunting tonight.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 7983
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#176

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Archery1 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:51 pm
. They better find this guy or the whole town is gonna be out hunting tonight.
Ahhh, what harm can a sweet little chimpanzee cause?

Image

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 7983
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#177

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:57 pm

RSX11 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:28 pm
It happens. We once found a spider monkey sitting on the curb near Alabama and Mandell (a middlin' centralish part of Houston). We couldn't find anyone in the neighborhood looking for it, so one of my friends adopted it and it lived in the dorm at Rice for a few years, until graduation (ours, not his), when it moved out to the farm his parents had retired to.
Image


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#178

Post by crazy2medic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Archery1 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:51 pm
. They better find this guy or the whole town is gonna be out hunting tonight.
Ahhh, what harm can a sweet little chimpanzee cause?

Image
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VH-r1WK1iI
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 7983
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#179

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:04 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Archery1 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:51 pm
. They better find this guy or the whole town is gonna be out hunting tonight.
Ahhh, what harm can a sweet little chimpanzee cause?

Image
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VH-r1WK1iI
I have read many stories of chimpanzees tearing up their keepers. They have strength that is deceptive for their size. Personally, I will stick with watching them in the zoo and on TV.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 115
Posts: 9315
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#180

Post by philip964 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:50 am

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ut-on-bond

17 yo armed car jacker, released with out bond, skipped court appearance and was going on another crime spree, later shooting at police officers, wounding one seriously.

Good news police killed him in the shoot out.

Bad news, Beto’s run for senate cost Houston dearly in judges, who let everyone out and commissioners who raise taxes as much as their allowed by law in advance of the new law limiting their ability to do this.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”