5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

puma guy
Posts in topic: 20

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by puma guy »

MaduroBU wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:07 am The thing that needs to be remembered is that these clowns hurt a bunch of black and brown people as well. They were finally found out because an armed citizen shot back.
The only evidence the victims shot at police has been the story the police are providing. Lawyers for the families dispute that. If you viewed the video done by an independent investigator of the house you'd have some questions about the veracity of Acevedo's PPD investigation and fanciful report.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

Acevedo's bailed out to Miami and he never left Texas alone, he was bashing the 2ndA carry bill in Texas.
A super idiot who plays politx.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

puma guy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 am
MaduroBU wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:07 am The thing that needs to be remembered is that these clowns hurt a bunch of black and brown people as well. They were finally found out because an armed citizen shot back.
The only evidence the victims shot at police has been the story the police are providing. Lawyers for the families dispute that. If you viewed the video done by an independent investigator of the house you'd have some questions about the veracity of Acevedo's PPD investigation and fanciful report.
They know the truth. Why don’t they come clean.

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MaduroBU »

puma guy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 am
That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

May I suggest we all keep our eyes and ears open tomorrow, the woman who placed a series of false 911 calls setting in motion the raid on Harding street is being sentenced on June 8, 2021. Lets hope some questions are answered, and she gets some serious time for her crime. She's already a convicted felon, so the prosecutor should be able to get 3 to 5 years easily. Anything under three years is an insult to the Homeowners that were killed.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

baseballguy2001 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:15 pm May I suggest we all keep our eyes and ears open tomorrow, the woman who placed a series of false 911 calls setting in motion the raid on Harding street is being sentenced on June 8, 2021. Lets hope some questions are answered, and she gets some serious time for her crime. She's already a convicted felon, so the prosecutor should be able to get 3 to 5 years easily. Anything under three years is an insult to the Homeowners that were killed.
It was reported that Patricia Ann Garcia was sentenced to 40 months in Federal Detention and 3 years probation.
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The woman who admitted to making a false 911 report that led to the botched Harding Street
raid in January 2019 learned her sentencing for the crime on Tuesday. Patricia Ann Garcia, 53, pleaded guilty back in March
of this year to a charge of conveying false information.

A judge sentenced Garcia to 40 months in federal detention and three years probation. According to an indictment, Garcia
claimed her 25-year-old daughter was inside Rhogena Nicholas and Dennis Tuttle's home doing drugs, but federal prosecutors
said none of it was true. Three weeks after the report to police, narcotics officers executed a "no-knock" warrant on the home.

Nicholas and Tuttle were killed and four officers were wounded. The judge also said Tuesday that Garcia may have planned for
something bad to happen, calling 911 multiple times. To date, 12 total officers, both former and current members of the
Houston Police Department, have been indicted in the raid. Most have been accused of falsifying time cards and other alleged
crimes related to their pay.
https://abc13.com/patricia-ann-garcia-h ... /10761069/
NRA Endowment Member

baseballguy2001

A much more in-depth accounting of what happened today, but still no solid answers about how, or why the homeowners were killed. We may never know the true, honest answers.

“When I made the false phone calls to 911 … I wasn’t in my right mind,” she said. “I made a bad decision. I’m sorry for it. I never meant for anyone to die the way they did. I’m so sorry for my 911 telephone call, my false phone call that I made, your honor. That’s it.”

https://www.courthousenews.com/texas-wo ... lice-raid/
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 16

Post by PriestTheRunner »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:13 am
baseballguy2001 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:22 am I'm not sure I agree with your analysis. I think the whole house of cards fell because a couple of officers were seriously wounded during the execution of the search warrant. That led to the discovery that the warrant was obtained because one of the officers perjured himself. If none of the officers had been wounded, and only the homeowners killed, none of this would have seen the light of day until much later, if ever.
Had Goins not been shot by friendly fire, he would have been able to plant the drugs he had in his car in the house and it would have been big news that evening at 6 pm.
That is EXACTLY what would have happened.

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... zed-crime/

2 former police officers charged for engaging in organized crime.

baseballguy2001

This week, Ex policeman Bryant is scheduled to be sentenced. Tuesday August 24 for destruction, alteration or falsification of records. He wrote a false supplemental report saying he helped Ex-officer Goines with a drug buy at the Harding address where the illegal raid happened. Bryant has supposedly been cooperating since his guilty plea, but, until some major questions of this case are answered, I'll withhold judgement on his cooperation. I don't know what the sentencing guidelines are, but 10 years sounds like a good starting point if you ask me.
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

tomneal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomneal »

10 years sounds like a good starting point
Two innocents murdered and several police officers shot (At least that's the score on this incident. Indications are there were other incidents.)

Yes, 10 years is a good starting point.

One more reminder that the war on drugs is worse than the illegal drugs.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

baseballguy2001

This is just very strange, I can't find any stories about former officer Bryant being sentenced. I do find lots of them saying his sentencing would be held August 24, and the woman that made the false 911 calls being sentenced to 40 months. I also can't find any stories talking about a delay of Bryant being sentenced. I've even sent emails to reporters that have covered details of this awful story in the past, and I've had zero replies. What am I missing?
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

baseballguy2001 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:11 pm This is just very strange, I can't find any stories about former officer Bryant being sentenced. I do find lots of them saying his sentencing would be held August 24, and the woman that made the false 911 calls being sentenced to 40 months. I also can't find any stories talking about a delay of Bryant being sentenced. I've even sent emails to reporters that have covered details of this awful story in the past, and I've had zero replies. What am I missing?
I have wondered the same thing. Perhaps just a delay in court? That happens a lot.
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

There has been some encouraging movement in the civil lawsuit as a federal judge has ruled against Kim's Ogg's continual refusal to release evidence to the legal team of the two victims. Ruling was announced back in May.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/arti ... raid-suit/
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”