Stupid Criminal of the Week (maybe year?)

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Stupid Criminal of the Week (maybe year?)

Post by Keith B »

There was a recent robbery at an ATM in Richardson.

Last night, Channel 5 news was getting set up to do a story on the incident at the location where it happened in the 500 block of Centennial. As the news crew is getting ready in the parking lot, they observe a suspicious person by the ATM. They start filming and catch a robbery in progress on video. The news crew calls Richardson PD and Officers respond and catches they guy, turns out he is the same one that committed the previous robbery as well. :thumbs2:

You can watch the robbery here: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/M ... 32339.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stupid Criminal of the Week (maybe year?)

Post by Excaliber »

Keith B wrote:There was a recent robbery at an ATM in Richardson.

Last night, Channel 5 news was getting set up to do a story on the incident at the location where it happened in the 500 block of Centennial. As the news crew is getting ready in the parking lot, they observe a suspicious person by the ATM. They start filming and catch a robbery in progress on video. The news crew calls Richardson PD and Officers respond and catches they guy, turns out he is the same one that committed the previous robbery as well. :thumbs2:

You can watch the robbery here: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/M ... 32339.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The suspect apparently skipped his Robbery 101 class at Thug U. on the day they covered the inadvisability of robbing folks at the same ATM you robbed a couple of days earlier while a local TV camera crew is doing an on site story on your exploits. "rlol"
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Excaliber wrote: The suspect apparently skipped his Robbery 101 class at Thug U. on the day they covered the inadvisability of robbing folks at the same ATM you robbed a couple of days earlier while a local TV camera crew is doing an on site story on your exploits. "rlol"
Maybe he thought he was at the zoo due to the big peacock on the side of the NBC van. :smilelol5:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Bob in Big D

Post by Bob in Big D »

No doubt he will get an education in prison!! I have heard they like nice young tender 20 year olds... :evil2:
Gun Control Means Using Two Hands!

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

"rlol" :smilelol5:

If they keep growing them this dumb, it will make it easier to catch them!
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Keith B wrote:You can watch the robbery here: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/M ... 32339.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anybody else a bit unimpressed with the video? I mean, this is the local NBC affiliate with (presumably) a serious HD camera rig designed for covering fires and crime scenes, and their footage looks like a surveillance video. Either the camera was lacking in capability, or their cameraman didn't have the presence of mind to zoom in on the action.

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

KD5NRH wrote:
Keith B wrote:You can watch the robbery here: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/M ... 32339.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anybody else a bit unimpressed with the video? I mean, this is the local NBC affiliate with (presumably) a serious HD camera rig designed for covering fires and crime scenes, and their footage looks like a surveillance video. Either the camera was lacking in capability, or their cameraman didn't have the presence of mind to zoom in on the action.
I think this caught the camera guy off guard as they were just preparing to shoot, and not set up on a tripod. They are still in the van or vehicle, so he just grabbed and shot. He may have also been so close that he was concerned about being seen, so was trying to hide behind the door frame out of the window. However, the BG was apparently not too concerned or totally oblivious to his surroundings and who else was around since they had supposedly been there for awhile and seen him earlier. :???:

I also question if this was a marked/branded van from Channel 5 or not. I have seen the news teams periodically show up to scenes in plain white vans with no markings.
Keith

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

woulda been even better if the victim had "dealt" with the armed robber. :cup: That woulda made a great Taurus Judge commercial!
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

LongHairedRedneck

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

Seriously?? "rlol"

What Dummy

Just another criminal proving that criminals aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer :lol::
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”