Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Post by crazy2medic »

As a Paramedic for 20+ years I have worked my share of drug overdoses, suicides, I have given patients Narcan, Morphine, Ketamine, Fentanyl! My opinion once the toxicology results came back and it showed that George Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose then all charges against Officer Chauvin should have been dropped and Floyds death should have been ruled suicide by an intentional ingest of Fentanyl! The knee to the neck did not kill George Floyd, the handful of fentanyl he purposefully swallowed killed him! Once again Derek Chauvin will be sacrificed on the alter of Political Expediency!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:44 am As a Paramedic for 20+ years I have worked my share of drug overdoses, suicides, I have given patients Narcan, Morphine, Ketamine, Fentanyl! My opinion once the toxicology results came back and it showed that George Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose then all charges against Officer Chauvin should have been dropped and Floyds death should have been ruled suicide by an intentional ingest of Fentanyl! The knee to the neck did not kill George Floyd, the handful of fentanyl he purposefully swallowed killed him! Once again Derek Chauvin will be sacrificed on the alter of Political Expediency!
:iagree:

Ruark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Ruark »

What's disgusting is that this whole thing is a media-generated hoax. The MSM is destroying this country. The MSM lusts for "juicy stories" like sharks that smell blood, and people are murdered, cities burn, children propagandized and societies are destroyed, and they don't care, as long as they appease the ratings god.

Michael Brown did NOT have his hands up. Eric Garner did NOT die from a "choke hold." Trayvon Martin was a big thug with a backpack full of stolen jewelry, who tweeted about how he was going to "buy me some cracka ho's." Tamil Rice wasn't a "child playing in the park," he was a 6-foot, 200 lb. teenager with an Airsoft replica (with the orange tip removed) he pointed at the police when they told him to drop it. Try that sometime and see what happens, no matter what color you are. And the stories go on....

George Floyd did NOT die from the knee on the neck. The knee restraint is a basic, common technique that has been used millions of times, and does NOT cause asphyxiation or injury of any kind. Naive bystanders heard him saying "I can't breath," saw the knee on the neck, made videos, and the MSM gleefully took care of the rest.

The democratic party is pushing this whole fictitious scenario and this whole "racism" craze for one, single purpose: to collect the black vote, especially since millions of blacks were swerving over to Trump. That's why all you hear these days is racism, racism, racism. It's all about votes and power.

We shouldn't even be HAVING this trial; the whole thing is based on an utter, total fiction that didn't even happen. What an obscene, ridiculous, horrible mess.

Check this out while you're here:

-Ruark

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 53

Post by oljames3 »

Chauvin Trial Analysis: State Offers Abbreviated Versions of Video Evidence

https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... -evidence/

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Ruark wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:09 pm What's disgusting is that this whole thing is a media-generated hoax. The MSM is destroying this country....

The democratic party is pushing this whole fictitious scenario and this whole "racism" craze for one, single purpose: to collect the black vote, especially since millions of blacks were swerving over to Trump. That's why all you hear these days is racism, racism, racism. It's all about votes and power...
Largely agree, but perhaps I'm even a little more cynical.

Bacon's Rebellion in 1675 showed that the British elites were vulnerable to an alliance between whites and blacks.
They responded by hardening the racial caste of slavery in an attempt to divide the two races from subsequent united uprisings with the passage of the Virginia Slave Codes of 1705
Slave Codes of 1705:
A unity of the commoners... had to be addressed
Would be elites of today are using a similar divide and conquor tactic.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

LIVE: Chauvin Trial Day 6 – Will State Offer Proof of Cause of Death?
By Attorney Andrew Branca / April 5, 2021

https://lawofselfdefense.com/live-chauv ... -of-death/

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Prosecutors Ask Jurors To Dismiss George Floyd Autopsy Findings
Baker cited the drugs in the system as well as the 75-80% narrowing of coronary arteries that “put him at risk for a sudden cardiac arrest.” The record of the meeting states “Dr. Baker offered that one possibility for the pathway of Floyd’s death is that Floyd’s heart was starting to fail because of the stress, drugs, enlarged heart, and [heart] disease . . . He said that once the heart starts to fail … one of the symptoms is the perception that you cannot breathe.”
An honest prosecutor would ask to dismiss the case at this point. Acquittal seems more obvious than ever.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964
Posts in topic: 34

Post by philip964 »

Reject the ME’s findings.

That goes against 60 years of TV court room dramas.

The upside down world we live in now.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

After listening to excerpts from the trial today I am firmly believing that Chauvin's head is in the guillotine and the Police Chief, Medical Examiner are pulling the blade to the top so the prosecution and judge can drop it!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

The trial is the same thing as turning him over to a lynch mob. The prosecution is not based on science.

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Chauvin Trial Day 6 Wrap-Up: Chief Says Neck Restraint Not Trained, But Does It Matter?
By Attorney Andrew Branca / April 5, 2021

https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... it-matter/

philip964
Posts in topic: 34

Post by philip964 »

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/04/05/p ... -findings/

“Fentanyl at 11 ng/ml — this is higher than (a) chronic pain patient. If he were found dead at home alone & no other apparent causes, this could be acceptable to call an OD (overdose). Deaths have been certified w/levels of 3.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609322/

If you really want to get into it.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 8

Post by srothstein »

So far, I have only one complaint with Mr. Branca's coverage of the trial. He has stated, repeatedly, that the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin is guilty, including showing the way he caused the death.

I agree with this in theory. That is the principle of our criminal judicial system in the US. But Mr. Branca is ignoring the fact that this is simply theory and the trial is a real life application. Neither I nor Mr. Branca get to decide what was proven by the prosecution or if there was reasonable doubt or what the cause of death was. The jury's get to decide this. And unfortunately, it is very very hard to get anyone to override the jury's decision. I personally believe that Mr. Nelson has shredded the prosecution's case at every turn so far, but I am irrelevant. The real questions is does the jury think so.

I believe that the best Mr. Chauvin can hope for right now is a hung jury. I am convinced that there are a few people on that jury who had their minds made up before the trial started and they will not let themselves be swayed by any facts. I also believe that there are a few on the jury who are going to do their best to give a fair and honest verdict. I only hope they are strong enough to stand by their convictions in the face of the pressure the other jurors will put on them, along with the fear of further riots or even personal threats.
Steve Rothstein

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

srothstein wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 am So far, I have only one complaint with Mr. Branca's coverage of the trial. He has stated, repeatedly, that the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin is guilty, including showing the way he caused the death.

I agree with this in theory. That is the principle of our criminal judicial system in the US. But Mr. Branca is ignoring the fact that this is simply theory and the trial is a real life application. Neither I nor Mr. Branca get to decide what was proven by the prosecution or if there was reasonable doubt or what the cause of death was. The jury's get to decide this. And unfortunately, it is very very hard to get anyone to override the jury's decision. I personally believe that Mr. Nelson has shredded the prosecution's case at every turn so far, but I am irrelevant. The real questions is does the jury think so.

I believe that the best Mr. Chauvin can hope for right now is a hung jury. I am convinced that there are a few people on that jury who had their minds made up before the trial started and they will not let themselves be swayed by any facts. I also believe that there are a few on the jury who are going to do their best to give a fair and honest verdict. I only hope they are strong enough to stand by their convictions in the face of the pressure the other jurors will put on them, along with the fear of further riots or even personal threats.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AndyC1911 »

srothstein wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 am I believe that the best Mr. Chauvin can hope for right now is a hung jury. I am convinced that there are a few people on that jury who had their minds made up before the trial started and they will not let themselves be swayed by any facts. I also believe that there are a few on the jury who are going to do their best to give a fair and honest verdict. I only hope they are strong enough to stand by their convictions in the face of the pressure the other jurors will put on them, along with the fear of further riots or even personal threats.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”