Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 53

Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Post by oljames3 »

Attorney Andrew Branca is posting coverage and analysis of Chauvin's trial. "I’ve been asked by the legal website Legal Insurrection, run out of Cornell Law School, to provide commentary and analysis of the Derek Chauvin trial, much as I did for them for the George Zimmerman trial, and given the public interest in the case I’ve decided to accept their kind invitation."

https://lawofselfdefense.com/preview-co ... rge-floyd/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Re: Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oljames3 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:06 am Attorney Andrew Branca is posting coverage and analysis of Chauvin's trial. "I’ve been asked by the legal website Legal Insurrection, run out of Cornell Law School, to provide commentary and analysis of the Derek Chauvin trial, much as I did for them for the George Zimmerman trial, and given the public interest in the case I’ve decided to accept their kind invitation."

https://lawofselfdefense.com/preview-co ... rge-floyd/
This should be a very interesting thread to follow. Thanks for the heads up. I have real concerns about this trial becoming a political lynching.

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GeekwithaGun »

A part of me expects that the drugs and health conditions in Floyd will vindicate the officer charged, but the cynical me says facts won't matter because the narrative of the left would be destroyed and that can't happen in their world.
NRA Life Member

03Lightningrocks

GeekwithaGun wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:22 am A part of me expects that the drugs and health conditions in Floyd will vindicate the officer charged, but the cynical me says facts won't matter because the narrative of the left would be destroyed and that can't happen in their world.
:iagree:

Once the reports of his drug toxicology came out and then the rest of the video of him swallowing his stash showed up, the visual of this situation changed completely. I have also read that Chauvin was utilizing a department approved restraint technique. It also does not appear that Floyd died from asphyxiation from the knee to the neck. So who knows.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

There does not need to be much pressure on the back of the neck to keep a subject immobilized, no one can tell from the photo's / video the amount of weight on Floyd. I agree that it was not a 'good look', but if the department approved of that technique and the drugs and medical needs, the narrative goes out the window and apologies from the looters, rioters and other SJW's will be forthcoming.

yeah, right
NRA Life Member

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

GeekwithaGun wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:41 am There does not need to be much pressure on the back of the neck to keep a subject immobilized, no one can tell from the photo's / video the amount of weight on Floyd. I agree that it was not a 'good look', but if the department approved of that technique and the drugs and medical needs, the narrative goes out the window and apologies from the looters, rioters and other SJW's will be forthcoming.

yeah, right
Attorney Andrew Branca discussed the autopsy in June, 2020. You may find his analysis interesting. https://lawofselfdefense.com/did-baden- ... phyxia-no/
Last edited by oljames3 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

oljames3 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 pm
Attorney Andrew Branca discussed the autopsy in June, 2021. You may find his analysis interesting. https://lawofselfdefense.com/did-baden- ... phyxia-no/
:thumbs2:
NRA Life Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 34

Post by philip964 »

I have not watched the entire video.

My son has and says that it shows the police innocence.

Apparently Floyd’s friends are calling out to him to not struggle as he will have a heart attack.

He resists getting into the police car, says he is claustrophobic. Two officers are pushing, one from the other side is pulling. He then releases and tries to escape through the pulling side, but is caught by that officer.

I find it interesting that these are today’s American hero’s.
Monuments made, laws named after.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 9

Post by crazy2medic »

He ingested Fentanyl, what happens if you ingest too much fentanyl? This can result in respritory suppression or cessation, this will cause asphixia! George committed suicide wether intentional or not!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks

crazy2medic wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:05 pm He ingested Fentanyl, what happens if you ingest too much fentanyl? This can result in respritory suppression or cessation, this will cause asphixia! George committed suicide wether intentional or not!
Exactly. When I first saw that video, the one that left out the first part of the encounter, I was bothered by it. But after the rest of the information came out, I realized that cop did nothing wrong.

philip964
Posts in topic: 34

Post by philip964 »

The way my son looked at it from the entire video is that 4 cops were having to babysit an addict till the ambulance arrived.

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Chauvin Trial Day 1: Will Floyd’s Prior Arrest-Related Drug Ingestion Be Admitted As Evidence?
https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... -evidence/

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chasfm11 »

crazy2medic wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:05 pm He ingested Fentanyl, what happens if you ingest too much fentanyl? This can result in respritory suppression or cessation, this will cause asphixia! George committed suicide wether intentional or not!
My response is: "hands up, don't shoot." There is a pattern. The whole country has accepted that George Floyd was murdered. It didn't work with Michael Smith. It did work with Floyd. If the officer is acquitted, the riots will be massive and the Federal government will pour gas on the flames.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 9

Post by crazy2medic »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:48 am
My response is: "hands up, don't shoot." There is a pattern. The whole country has accepted that George Floyd was murdered. It didn't work with Michael Smith. It did work with Floyd. If the officer is acquitted, the riots will be massive and the Federal government will pour gas on the flames.
Never let the Facts get in the way of a Good Riot!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by striker55 »

Either way we will see riots, convicted they will want immediate hanging. Not convicted, no justice. Will wait to see what Commander in Chief will do.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”