IN: 'Multiple victims' in shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Re: IN: 'Multiple victims' in shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis

Post by parabelum »

Syntyr wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:05 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:49 pm At the risk of sounding like one of those "conspiracy theorists", I've become convinced that the online world of social media allows severely disgruntled individuals with mental issues to be "groomed" (egged on or even bullied) to commit these heinous mass crimes. "Hey, that's terrible what happened to you, you should do something about it. You know, those people deserve to pay for what they did to you", that sort of thing. That sort of manipulation could really take a toll on a troubled and confused individual. We all know there are some very unscrupulous people out there who would have no problems doing that, there have been a few cases where young people were talked into harming themselves. There are over 100 million firearms owners in the USA. The overwhelming majority simply wouldn't do that sort of thing, even if angry. Maybe a relative handful might want to take out their anger on a specific person, or persons, but not just random people. However, someone who is both angry and has mental issues might do it, especially if they were egged on by someone.
Yep! Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you!

Social media has become a wasteland of those seeking affirmation. It’s all about the views, likes and shares. They take pictures of their food as if 30minutes later they won’t remember they ate. They share in the hopes of building a life everyone is jealous of. The perfect meal. The perfect skin. The perfect vacation or car.

But it’s all a facade. Underneath they are all craven and desperate. Most of them will climb on top of you if it means they can see out of the hole. When they are unable to be a part of the in crowd it causes anxiety, depression and addiction. It’s all fake and false. As Yoda would say it’s the path to the dark side. I feel sad for todays kids. They are growing up interconnected, high speed, glued to the world of information and yet absolutely alone.
Now that is a 100% spot on observation.

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AndyC1911 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:25 pm Think with a look like that and a last name of Hole, he got picked on in high school?
Good point - the ones bullied are the ones to take care of before they lose their... stuff.

Luke Woodham, the Pearl High School (MS) shooter in 1991:
I am not insane, I am angry. I killed because people like me are mistreated every day. I did this to show society, push us and we will push back. ... All throughout my life, I was ridiculed, always beaten, always hated. Can you, society, truly blame me for what I do? Yes, you will. ... It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony saying that if you can't pry your eyes open, if I can't do it through pacifism, if I can't show you through the displaying of intelligence, then I will do it with a bullet.
I was badly beaten in one high school - actually, the same one Elon Musk attended and left for the same reason - and I know that anger very well.

I'd still have no hesitation in dropping an active shooter where he stands, but it doesn't stop me from wishing someone would have reached out and been a friend to those kids.

Weldonjr2001
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Weldonjr2001 »

Article I saw last night indicated that 80% of the employees at that facility are members of the Sikh community.
The Media will never say it, but pretty clear to me that this is a Caucasian male who saw himself as an oppressed minority in his workplace, oppressed by “foreigners” and seeing his chances for advancement limited by favoritism towards these “foreigners”, and, well you know the rest of the story.
4 of the 8 dead were Sikh.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

read that FBI also knew of this 19 year old
yes his picture is SCARY, looks like a disturbed person, first thought was skin head neo nut

410 shotgun , glad it was not a pistol or other item, so media cant demand we turn in our pistols again, and yes where did he find shells

his mom stated he had suicidal ideations in 2019

one thing weird is the fact he was working there last year, 18 yrs old and then this year at 19 does this

we tried to decipher why cnn or media had not gone full bore gun control or release his name or pictures in a timely manner. Now i know :rules:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Weldonjr2001 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:14 pm Article I saw last night indicated that 80% of the employees at that facility are members of the Sikh community.
The Media will never say it, but pretty clear to me that this is a Caucasian male who saw himself as an oppressed minority in his workplace, oppressed by “foreigners” and seeing his chances for advancement limited by favoritism towards these “foreigners”, and, well you know the rest of the story.
Yeah, let's make it about race, sure. We don't have enough mass news media doing that, do we?

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:58 pm
Weldonjr2001 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:14 pm Article I saw last night indicated that 80% of the employees at that facility are members of the Sikh community.
Yeah, let's make it about race, sure. We don't have enough mass news media doing that, do we?
Yep. Always about racism. Even though in real life it rarely if ever is.

philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

No mention if the workplace was a “gun free zone”.

I visited an Amazon delivery center one time. It was wide open, didn’t see any armed guards.

I suspect this FedX facility was similar.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:18 pm No mention if the workplace was a “gun free zone”.

I visited an Amazon delivery center one time. It was wide open, didn’t see any armed guards.

I suspect this FedX facility was similar.
All FedEx facilities are no gun. This one was also no cell phones, I assume to prevent pictures of packages and address labels being sent out. This shows me how much they trust their employees.
Steve Rothstein

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I worked a Amazon facility, my primary assignment was to keep the employees out of the managers area, it was unarmed ans I hated it!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... -shooting/

FedX shooter legally bought guns, supposedly.

2 semiautomatic rifles.

Indiana has a red flag law, one of first in country.

Shotgun removed by police a year earlier after parents called them, not returned.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-th ... ittle-pony

I’m being told the shooter was a “Bronie”.

This is an article from the last decade about who Bronies are.

They are men in love with “ my little pony” if you don’t want to see how strange the world is.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/18/fedex-mas ... ny-report/

Yes he apparently was obsessed with my little pony.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Update: Lawsuit! It was the rifle magazine's fault...

High-capacity magazine supplier sued in Indiana FedEx shooting that left 8 dead
https://abc13.com/mass-shooting-fedex-i ... /13136838/
INDIANAPOLIS -- The son of a man killed in a 2021 mass shooting at an Indianapolis FedEx facility filed a federal lawsuit Thursday with two of the survivors against the distributor of the 60-round magazine used by the gunman, alleging the use of reckless marketing tactics targeting young men at risk for violent behavior.

The lawsuit - filed almost exactly two years after the shooting that killed eight people - alleges that American Tactical, Inc. failed to take steps to help prevent dangerous people from obtaining the high-capacity magazine, which allow shooters to fire dozens of rounds without having to reload.

Instead, the lawsuit says the company specifically targeted its products to a "consumer base filled with impulsive young men who feel they need to harm others in order to prove their strength and who have militaristic delusions of fighting in a war or a video game."
The complaint also names as defendants the president of American Tactical, the company's marketing director, as well as Schmeisser GmbH - the German manufacturer of the high-capacity magazine - and 365 Plus, the global distributor.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “The Crime Blotter”