Houston Police Officers Ambushed, One dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Houston Police Officers Ambushed, One dead

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Houston deputy killed, 2 more injured in ambush attack: 'Shot from behind'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-depu ... ush-attack

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston Police Officers Ambushed, One dead

Post by carlson1 »

Prayers for all involved.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I hope they find the one(s) responsible very quickly and whoever that is pays the ultimate penalty for this.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I'm going to guess the bad guys are out on bail from a previous offense.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

striker55 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:17 pm I'm going to guess the bad guys are out on bail from a previous offense.
Sad, but since it's Houston there is a high probability of that being an accurate assumption.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Update as of the 6:00 p.m. news from Houston NBC affiliate KPRC:

1 Pct. 4 deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush outside N Houston bar, authorities say
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... h-houston/
Deputy Kareem Atkins died from his injuries. He was 30. Atkins began working with Precinct 4 in January 2019. He had recently returned from paternity leave. He leaves behind a wife and two-month-old child.

Deputy Juqaim Barthen, 26, and Deputy Darrell Garrett, 28, were wounded in the shooting. Barthen joined Precinct 4 in September 2019. Garrett joined in March 2018.

Garrett was shot in the back multiple times and underwent surgery at Memorial Hermann in downtown Houston.
My heartfelt prayers for Deputy Atkins's family, and especially his wife and new baby. Deputy Garrett evidently had to have both kidneys removed, and one round hit his spine; the story doesn't report his neurological condition. My understanding from the story is that Deputy Barthen was inside the building at the start of the attack and, hearing the gunfire, ran outside to assist his fellow officers. That would have made him the last to take fire, and his condition isn't specified in the article. We're holding Deputies Garrett and Barthen in our prayers for recovery from their severe injuries.

Without citing sources or details, the article states that the ambusher used an AR-15. I'm with C-dub and striker55. It's no casual thing to decide to just open up with a carbine from behind two law enforcement officers. This scum, when caught, will already have been known to the legal system. Guaranteed. But along with the biological pandemic, urban America has been creating its own social pandemic, one that results from making it acceptable to revile the police while at the same time leftist judges let convicted felons walk free on multiple, simultaneous writs of bond. For the violent criminal actor, it's a field day.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Rafe wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:49 pm Update as of the 6:00 p.m. news from Houston NBC affiliate KPRC:

1 Pct. 4 deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush outside N Houston bar, authorities say
Deputy Kareem Atkins died from his injuries. He was 30. Atkins began working with Precinct 4 in January 2019. He had recently returned from paternity leave. He leaves behind a wife and two-month-old child.

Deputy Juqaim Barthen, 26, and Deputy Darrell Garrett, 28, were wounded in the shooting. Barthen joined Precinct 4 in September 2019. Garrett joined in March 2018.

Garrett was shot in the back multiple times and underwent surgery at Memorial Hermann in downtown Houston.
My heartfelt prayers for Deputy Atkins's family, and especially his wife and new baby. Deputy Garrett evidently had to have both kidneys removed, and one round hit his spine; the story doesn't report his neurological condition. My understanding from the story is that Deputy Barthen was inside the building at the start of the attack and, hearing the gunfire, ran outside to assist his fellow officers. That would have made him the last to take fire, and his condition isn't specified in the article. We're holding Deputies Garrett and Barthen in our prayers for recovery from their severe injuries.

Without citing sources or details, the article states that the ambusher used an AR-15. I'm with C-dub and striker55. It's no casual thing to decide to just open up with a carbine from behind two law enforcement officers. This scum, when caught, will already have been known to the legal system. Guaranteed. But along with the biological pandemic, urban America has been creating its own social pandemic, one that results from making it acceptable to revile the police while at the same time leftist judges let convicted felons walk free on multiple, simultaneous writs of bond. For the violent criminal actor, it's a field day.
:iagree: :iagree:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Rafe wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:49 pm Update as of the 6:00 p.m. news from Houston NBC affiliate KPRC:

Officer Garrett is still in critical condition if both kidneys had to be removed. He must be on a constant dialysis machine or at least very frequent sessions until a transplant can be found.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

striker55 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:17 pm I'm going to guess the bad guys are out on bail from a previous offense.
Just shy of 40% out on bond are caught committing another crime in Harris County.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Something has to change. This insanity cannot be allowed to continue.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I don't live anywhere near Houston, so I'll say it for those of you worried to do so. This mess lies in the lap of Kim Ogg. She seems to like gang bangers and other violent criminals a lot more than the good people in Harris County. :mad5

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:24 pm I don't live anywhere near Houston, so I'll say it for those of you worried to do so. This mess lies in the lap of Kim Ogg. She seems to like gang bangers and other violent criminals a lot more than the good people in Harris County. :mad5
Kim Ogg is no friend to police nor justice and I am totally opposed to her, but the sweep that elected only liberal Democrat judges is the biggest factor. When you have a judge who gives PR to an armed robber who hits 5 pharmacies, shoots at a father and son who tried to get his license plate info and then gets caught red handed and attempts to shoot a police officer who trailed him we are in deep trouble. Fortunately the officer was able to to run him down, literally.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

puma guy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:10 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:24 pm I don't live anywhere near Houston, so I'll say it for those of you worried to do so. This mess lies in the lap of Kim Ogg. She seems to like gang bangers and other violent criminals a lot more than the good people in Harris County. :mad5
Kim Ogg is no friend to police nor justice and I am totally opposed to her, but the sweep that elected only liberal Democrat judges is the biggest factor. When you have a judge who gives PR to an armed robber who hits 5 pharmacies, shoots at a father and son who tried to get his license plate info and then gets caught red handed and attempts to shoot a police officer who trailed him we are in deep trouble. Fortunately the officer was able to to run him down, literally.
Dallas isn't far behind Houston. I agree. The problem is with these liberal democrat judges.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”