WI: Breaking Christmas Parade Attack 6 dead, 30+ injured

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: WI: Breaking Christmas Parade Attack 6 dead, 30+ injured

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:58 pm I'm not sure how it started that we don't jail or execute guilty crazy people.

I'm sure a liberal was behind it though.
It boils down to moral agency … as in, does the killer have moral agency? When I get into discussions like this with other people, for fun (for myself, because it gets people to actually thinking about the issue) I use the zombie analogy…

Q1: "You know how we don’t execute the criminally insane who are killers, because they lack moral agency?"
A1: "Yeah."

Q2: "Do zombies have moral agency?"
A2: "No." (At this point you can begin to see a trace of confusion in the interviewee's eyes.)

Q3: "No? If not, then why do we kill them?"
A3: "Because they’d eat us if we didn’t?" (See how the answer starts sounding like a question, because now the interviewee is no longer ethically certain?)

I wonder what the cost to taxpayers came to for the 2 years Jeffrey Dahmer was kept in prison after his conviction. He was a people-eater too. Ironically, he and another prisoner, Jesse Anderson—who was incarcerated for life for stabbing his wife to death in a particularly gruesome manner—were both beaten to death at the same time with a 20" long steel bar, by a 3rd inmate by the name of Christopher Scarver who was already serving a life sentence without parole for a robbery/homicide. Scarver is only 53 today. He has 3 notches on his proverbial gunstock—TWO of them while he was already incarcerated. By his own confession, his murders of Dahmer and Anderson was racially motivated, as he is black, and both Dahmer and Anderson were white. How much longer will taxpayers have to cover his three hots and a cot?

There is a reason why homicides are classified in different categories, such as accidental versus premeditated. So I’m not advocating execution for someone who unintentionally kills someone else drunk driving or in an industrial accident. But mercy to homicidal maniacs is injustice to their victims, and to society. When a mad dog mauls someone to death, we don’t lock him up in the pound for life. We put him down. If we argue that a man's life has more value than a dog's, then we imply that there is a value scale that must be adhered to. Then by that scale, we have to ask if the life of a homicidal maniac is worth the same or more as the lives of either his victims, the victims' families, or the individual members of society who pay for his upkeep in prison, many times for many decades.

I am not conflicted about execution from a spiritual perspective. The Bible very clearly sanctions capital punishment. I confess however that, as a small "L" libertarian, I’m not entirely comfortable with the state having the power to execute the individual. But it’s not because I’m in opposition to the principle of putting down killers. The Bible also makes it clear that the kin of the murdered person may lawfully (from a biblical perspective) execute the murderer, without legal consequences. If the death penalty is handed down, maybe it should be the victim's family who is tasked with carrying it out. Likewise, if life without parole is handed down, maybe the convict's family should be burdened with paying for at least a significant portion of his annual upkeep in prison…since it’s arguable that the family dynamics in the convict's past is at least partially responsible for producing a murderer. (Maybe a threat of heavy financial consequences to families for doing a poor job of raising children might cause them to get their poo together and do a better job of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Neither the threat of life in prison NOR capital punishment seems to be a deterrent to homicide. I don’t claim to have all of the answers, but I DO know that anything less than the execution of a homicidal maniac with multiple victims is an injustice to both his victims, and to society at large.

But other than that, I have no particular opinion in the matter. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

clarionite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by clarionite »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:48 am Neither the threat of life in prison NOR capital punishment seems to be a deterrent to homicide. I don’t claim to have all of the answers, but I DO know that anything less than the execution of a homicidal maniac with multiple victims is an injustice to both his victims, and to society at large.

I agree. But I'm also a believer that it might not be a deterrent to other's who would commit murder if we execute those who have committed murder, but it definitely is a deterrent to those who have already committed murder. They'll never do it again.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

clarionite wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:08 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:48 am Neither the threat of life in prison NOR capital punishment seems to be a deterrent to homicide. I don’t claim to have all of the answers, but I DO know that anything less than the execution of a homicidal maniac with multiple victims is an injustice to both his victims, and to society at large.

I agree. But I'm also a believer that it might not be a deterrent to other's who would commit murder if we execute those who have committed murder, but it definitely is a deterrent to those who have already committed murder. They'll never do it again.
Exactly… as Jeffrey Dahmer's killer proved by killing two other people while ALREADY serving life without parole for having killed a third person. If he had been executed in a timely manner, perhaps his 2nd and 3rd victims would still be alive today. OTH, maybe if they had both been executed in a timely manner, then they wouldn’t have been murdered while in prison…although that bothers me less, since the end result is the same. They’ll never murder again. Now if their killer ever gets out of prison, he probably will.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 11

Post by philip964 »

https://www.newsnationnow.com/crime/wau ... witnesses/

He is banned from calling further witnesses after talking back to the judge. There are other reports he is being creepy and giving the female judge the evil eye.

MSM is giving the world daily reports on every step of the trial. It is big news for the MSM they are giving it their best attention. That is why I have a link with News Nation Now. com

https://www.wuwm.com/2022-10-25/closing ... -courtroom

Here is more from WUWM.com, another top 10 world news source.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:08 pm https://www.newsnationnow.com/crime/wau ... witnesses/

He is banned from calling further witnesses after talking back to the judge. There are other reports he is being creepy and giving the female judge the evil eye.

MSM is giving the world daily reports on every step of the trial. It is big news for the MSM they are giving it their best attention. That is why I have a link with News Nation Now. com

https://www.wuwm.com/2022-10-25/closing ... -courtroom

Here is more from WUWM.com, another top 10 world news source.
"If I just demonstrate to the entire world how crazy I am then I will get away with murder." - Darrell Brooks

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 11

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/w ... ing-trial/

Convicted on all 76 counts, apparently no death penalty in WI.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:40 pm https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/w ... ing-trial/

Convicted on all 76 counts, apparently no death penalty in WI.
His antics in the court room "representing" himself will result in appeal...probably asking for a new trial with a real attorney.

But, you know who else is guilty of murder and all the other charges? The judges/DA's/liberal do-gooders who allowed him to be on the streets instead of behind bars.
Brooks has a history of criminal behavior — and convictions — stretching back to 1999, involving domestic violence, child sex crimes, drugs and more on a 50-page rap sheet.

Brooks is a registered sex offender in Nevada. He was convicted of obstructing an officer in 2005 and 2003. In 2002, he had another felony marijuana charge. In 2010, Brooks pleaded no contest to felony strangulation charges after allegedly attacking a woman during an argument about phone calls. In 2012, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor bail jumping and marijuana charges. A year earlier, Brooks pleaded guilty to felony marijuana charges and resisting arrest.
Nonetheless, a Milwaukee judge freed him on $1,000 bond just days before the attack after he allegedly used the same SUV to run over his child’s mother in a domestic dispute. At the same time Brooks was dealing with those charges, he was out on bail for firing an illegal handgun during an argument with his nephew.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”