TX: Houston owner tells man to leave, he knocks down his Mom, owner shoots and is arrested

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: Houston owner tells man to leave, he knocks down his Mom, owner shoots and is arrested

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -hpd-says/

Tell me what you all think. I know trespassing does not rise to use of deadly force.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Houston owner tells man to leave, he knocks down his Mom, owner shoots and is arrested

Post by Mike S »

Unless there's more to this story, I don't see a legal justification for shooting the fleeing trespassor.

Knocking down the mother of the shooter was perhaps an assault with contact, but if the assault was not continuing/ongoing, I don't think he has a TPC 9.33 defense justification.

If the tresspassor was actively committing assault against another, there might have been a justification for using force, or deadly force (depending on the totality of the circumstances). But I don't see that from this limited article.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Houston owner tells man to leave, he knocks down his Mom, owner shoots and is arrested

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:22 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -hpd-says/

Tell me what you all think. I know trespassing does not rise to use of deadly force.
There is so little detail in that story. One could speculate all day long as to what could've occurred in the fracas.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

tomneal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomneal »

Was the sun up?
The owners mom was knocked down. Was this caused by an inadvertent brush while the guy was trying to leave or was this a "Knock Out" attempt?
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

They said shot in the stomach. That would tend to indicate he was not fleeing. I will try and follow it and see what happens.

Interesting what bond amount will be considering he has a business and all.

He may have decided to remain silent and that’s why he was arrested.

There may be a racial component to this.

The shooter was Asian. The “victim” could be Asian as well.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Many times they will arrest a person involved in a shooting, even if it might be self defense. There is an extreme lack of information to know how this one will go.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.asian-dawn.com/2021/12/23/a ... respasser/

Maybe not an unbiased source.

Chronicle reports bail was $40,000. Seems higher than “normal” for a shooting where a person is wounded.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

This article says he was attacking the guys mother.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

tomneal wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:25 am This article says he was attacking the guys mother.
Yeah! What the heck is that all about? It sure looks like he was defending his mom from an attack to me. Did he know the guy? Why is his bail so high? Crazy!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”