Uvalde School shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Re: Uvalde School shooting

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:59 pm
I just watched the entire video and all I can say is, AMEN BROTHER! When I read or hear some leftist loon scream about not wanting armed teachers in school, I want to choke them. The level of ignorance it takes to believe passing more laws forbidding guns will magically take away or even reduce the chances of a school shooting makes one dumb enough that I wonder how they remember to breath.

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TxRVer »

I worked in secure buildings most of my adult working life. If someone propped open a secure door, they would be fired. I think that's the least that should happen to the teacher that propped open the door.
Charlie

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

TxRVer wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:38 am I worked in secure buildings most of my adult working life. If someone propped open a secure door, they would be fired. I think that's the least that should happen to the teacher that propped open the door.
Apparently teachers and administrators didn’t get the memo after Columbine, Sandy Hook, Parkland or Santa Fe.

I know who would be crazy enough to do this.

Well they are out there, and soft, precious, and gun free places have a target on their backs.

Get trained, get your district to allow you to carry and get your school secure at all times.

We still take our shoes off to get on a plane and that was one time and no one was even murdered.

BTW Uvalde has its own police swat team. People are asking where we’re they?

https://news.yahoo.com/border-patrol-ag ... 27057.html

Then there is this. Border Patrol SWAT ignored orders to stay out of school.
Attachments
2BC8BA92-73DE-4F25-B0B7-20D32605B69B.jpeg
2DB473B0-65B9-4FF4-B733-BE984EBD401F.jpeg

parabelum
Posts in topic: 17

Post by parabelum »

philip964 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:11 pm
TxRVer wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:38 am I worked in secure buildings most of my adult working life. If someone propped open a secure door, they would be fired. I think that's the least that should happen to the teacher that propped open the door.
Apparently teachers and administrators didn’t get the memo after Columbine, Sandy Hook, Parkland or Santa Fe.

I know who would be crazy enough to do this.

Well they are out there, and soft, precious, and gun free places have a target on their backs.

Get trained, get your district to allow you to carry and get your school secure at all times.

We still take our shoes off to get on a plane and that was one time and no one was even murdered.

BTW Uvalde has its own police swat team. People are asking where we’re they?

https://news.yahoo.com/border-patrol-ag ... 27057.html

Then there is this. Border Patrol SWAT ignored orders to stay out of school.
Apparently trying to stop parents from going in.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bbhack »

eyedoc wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:33 pm Benjamin Hernandez confronted Ted Cruz in Houston. He says" Challenge them every single time. Don't stop until they do something."

He is running for congress and has this on his web site:

Finally, here's my number: 713-855-4789. Try it. I answer. I call back. I text back. Because we need accessible leaders.

LET'S TALK ISSUES

What do you say we all call him and talk issues.
The stench is SO STRONG that nowhere on his website is the word "democrat". Whew WEE.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

srothstein
Posts in topic: 16

Post by srothstein »

This story does not ring true to me, nor does it match previously reported events, including photographs. The article says the BORTAC responded from 40 mile away and then waited 30 minutes at the scene before ignoring instructions and going in. Even if the BORTAC was all assembled in uniform at one location and ready to go (which I doubt), it takes a while to drive 40 miles (assuming code three response in tactical trucks, probably 30 minutes). Waiting 30 more minutes makes it an hours. I don't think the provided timelines have the entire incident taking that long.

Additionally, it says the BORTAC went in and neutralized the shooter. But the other stories and photos show that the BP agent that went in was off-duty and in street clothes, not uniform, though he had some of his tactical gear on.

What this confirms to me is that we STILL do not know everything that happened. In this case, by we I mean the public. I am not sure the police yet know all the details of who did what and when. I have seen many people who believe DPS Director Steve McCraw's news briefing to be factual, but he wasn't there either and did not actively investigate anything. He had various details reported to him from other investigators.

From the later reports, some of the things I said earlier (based on police contacts) are probably wrong. A lot of people are trying to find people to assign blame to and hold responsible. With this kind of finger-pointing, I am going to be very skeptical of ANYTHING I hear in the media, especially through social media, for some time on this.

I do believe we can assign the blame to the shooter. There may be some others who deserve some blame for not stopping this too, but I am going to be much more cautious about saying it must be so or not. I also ask everyone to hold off on this until all of the investigations are done and facts released. I would probably take some of the released material with a grain of salt even then.
Steve Rothstein

srothstein
Posts in topic: 16

Post by srothstein »

bbhack wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:23 pm
eyedoc wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:33 pm Benjamin Hernandez confronted Ted Cruz in Houston. He says" Challenge them every single time. Don't stop until they do something."

He is running for congress and has this on his web site:

Finally, here's my number: 713-855-4789. Try it. I answer. I call back. I text back. Because we need accessible leaders.

LET'S TALK ISSUES

What do you say we all call him and talk issues.
The stench is SO STRONG that nowhere on his website is the word "democrat". Whew WEE.
According to Ballotpedia, he ran as an independent in 2018 but he was not on the ballot in 2020. I don't know if he is actually running again or not. His web page does say political parties are part of the problem though, so while he is a liberal, he may not be a Democrat.
Steve Rothstein

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Investigation is finished as far as I am concerned.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

So did O'Rourke come up with the idea of crashing the press conference on his own, or did SOMEBODY 'invite' him?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Not trying to create or perpetuate conspiracy theories. Just sharing what popped in my head when reading the yahoo article. Isn't it an interesting coincidence a teacher happened to prop the door open on a day someone decided to shoot the school up and the shooter happened to find the door that was propped open. Not saying the teacher was involved. Just pointing out what seems to be an incredible coincidence. I have not seen anything about which teacher propped the door open and if she was one that was murdered.

I'm with Steve on the lack of credibility with what is being passed around since everyone seems to be trying to place the blame on a scapegoat rather than finding out and sharing what actually happened. A lot of what we are seeing and being told just doesn't add up and I think we need to be extremely careful to evaluate what we are being told before we accept it as factual.

The sad thing is, I still do not believe we were ever told what really happened in the Las Vegas concert shooting. I also wonder about what we have been told about some of the other shootings.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

Almost nothing from early reports are accurate, ever. We know this from past events. All of them.

The door thing also still bothers me. I haven't heard if they know who left it propped open or why. That will be interesting to know. Sad if it was one of the teachers that were killed. It was a huge mistake that couldn't have been predicted unless they were in on it. If they were not and it was just horrible luck then I hope if the person that did that ... I don't know what I hope for them. This will be a difficult thing for them to live with.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AF-Odin »

Like we used to say in the military about "Spot Reports," particularly the first report. They are incomplete and inaccurate. Will wait for the full AAR of this event. Will make a great teaching point regardless of what eventually shakes out.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2022/05/30/new-video ... dead-cats/

Shooter grinning while holding bag of bloody dead cats.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:36 am https://nypost.com/2022/05/30/new-video ... dead-cats/

Shooter grinning while holding bag of bloody dead cats.
I'm guessing that a little more digging into the murder's background will find more aberrant and disgusting behavior.

The only thing that is missing is if someone put him up to this or helped him do it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:53 amThe only thing that is missing is if someone put him up to this or helped him do it.
Speaking of that, what was the fallout from revelations that the FBI had aided those two terrorists that wanted to shoot up that art thing in Plano several years back. It obviously failed, but no thanks to the FBI.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “The Crime Blotter”