Uvalde School shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Uvalde School shooting

Post by Deitz83 »

mayor wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:11 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:03 am
Pardon my ignorance but what does this have to do with anything in this topic?
:iagree:

Iunnrais
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Iunnrais »

One thing which I wish the media and politicians would do in these is actually fully list the charges the 'alleged shooter' will face (for the rare case they are taken alive like in Buffalo) or would have faced if they had survived. Too often the story is that we need laws on the book to prevent this conveniently not highlighting the facts that the shootings were already illegal and in some cases followed a chain of already illegal events.

I remember back when the Tim Burton Batman movie came out in theaters, our local small town TV news had a DPS officer interview going through the movie and listing every crime Batman committed during the film and ending with how much the kids should not look at him as a role model but as just another criminal fleeing justice. Surely if we could do that for a work of 80's fiction, a similar public analysis would be justified for these real life events.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 17

Post by parabelum »

Everyone take a deep breath. Emotions are running high now, rightfully so. One thing I think we can all agree on is that nobody’s 2A Right should be taken away without due process, and certainly not solely on the basis of their lifestyle preference, provided that lifestyle is not illegal.
Another thing is that we need more guns in the hands of well trained law abiding citizens. And schools should be more fortified with enhanced LE resources. This evil monster ran inside of that school because it was a soft target.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by K.Mooneyham »

SNIP:
parabelum wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 am This evil monster ran inside of that school because it was a soft target.
:iagree: The school should have been locked and there should have been an armed resource officer on site.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Paladin »

Border Patrol Agent Killed Texas Shooter After Rushing In With No Backup; What We Know About The Suspect
"A Border Patrol agent who was nearby when the shooting began rushed into the school without waiting for backup and shot and killed the gunman, who was behind a barricade," reported the Associated Press. "The agent was wounded but able to walk out of the school."
Give that Border Patrol Agent an award!!! :txflag:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

mayor wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:11 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:03 am
Pardon my ignorance but what does this have to do with anything in this topic?
There was a scene in the movie where this whack job was dancing around in mirror wearing his moms panties, "tucked". But it was too x rated for forum. Someone said they saw a pick of shooter dressed like a girl. I made a tongue in cheek comment about the LGTB alphabet group all being mentally deficient and on the "no-buy" list. Then the subject veered off to never never land from there. My fault and my apologies! Mods are welcome to delete all posts involved and my original post that started it.
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Wed May 25, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:00 pm SNIP:
parabelum wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 am This evil monster ran inside of that school because it was a soft target.
:iagree: The school should have been locked and there should have been an armed resource officer on site.
I agree with the "should have been locked" as a standard practice for schools, and more so if local law enforcement was already tracking a report of this thug shooting his grandmother nearby.

I take anything on the internet with a grain of salt, but this Wikipedia page has plenty of citations linking to the primary sources. Some parts are obviously slanted talking points, but overall gives a summation of this tragedy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robb_El ... l_shooting
Last edited by Mike S on Fri May 27, 2022 11:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

03Lightningrocks

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:00 pm SNIP:
BIG I AGRREE! That door should have been locked! My grand daughters school locks ALL doors in her district. She is 1st grade.NOBODY just walks into her school! INFO is still being released on this. Abbott just reported he tweeted that he was about to shoot up an elementary school a few minutes before entering school. Good example of waiting for story before everyone goes off.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

Sad, just saw Beto at the press conference. Doing a political stunt is totally out of line.

03Lightningrocks

Deitz83 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:49 pm Sad, just saw Beto at the press conference. Doing a political stunt is totally out of line.
I thought that was Beto but kept thinking even that low life wouldn't pull a political stunt like that. What a complete piece of garbage!

parabelum
Posts in topic: 17

Post by parabelum »

No class from that lowlife Beto. Uvalde mayor tore into him too.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

extremist wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:29 pm And yet, teachers refused to be armed to protect themselves and their students from maniacs like this.

I don't get it.
I first heard about this shooting from a woman I was fingerprinting yesterday for her TEA certification. She was mad as hell about it too. She said she’d had her carry license for years now, and she couldn’t understand why her school district steadfastly refuses to allow her and other teachers with LTCs to carry their sidearms in the classroom. It boggles the mind. I couldn’t disagree with her.

This morning, my wife and I attended our grandson's kindergarten graduation ceremony, at his school. I left my gun in the car, and we sat there for an hour and and a half in that school cafeteria while I prayed that no event like yesterday’s would happen this morning at this school. We were not wanded as we were admitted into the building, and I saw no visible metal detectors or anything like that as we entered. It appears that I could have snuck my gun into the building … which ALSO means that some crazed family member of one of the other kids—with murder on his mind—could have done the same.

It was a long and troubled walk both ways between our car and the school entrance, while I contemplated whether or not I should carry unlawfully the next time I attend an event at this school.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

parabelum wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:30 pm No class from that lowlife Beto. Uvalde mayor tore into him too.

new low for beto, i guess he was re-auditioning for brandons gun squad.
what a giant POS.

i can say what else i am thinking
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AF-Odin »

School Boards have got to be pressured to implement the School Guardian program in their schools. Some of the smaller districts around me have already done so. However, the largest which has its own PD only has officers at the High Schools, not Middle or Elementary
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If someone can show actual evidence that LGBTQ+ people are significantly more likely to commit violent felonies, then a discussion about restricting their access to weapons might make sense. But without that type of evidence, it just comes across as bigoted, to be mild.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”