Uvalde School shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 5

Uvalde School shooting

Post by AF-Odin »

Just saw a news article about a shooting in Uvalde. As I read it, seems someone shot someone else and then ran into a school and barricaded himself. Fluid situation, not much information except did say two deceased.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas ... 1bt1,hp1bt
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Re: Uvalde School shooting

Post by philip964 »

I hate this.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 17

Post by parabelum »

14 children and a teacher are dead as of now. Terrible.
Shooter identified as Salvador Romas.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas ... ve-shooter

gamboolman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gamboolman »

Prayers offered up for the murdered victims and their families during this hard time.
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

This is so horrible.

My prayers to these families.

Killed his grandmother before he went on this rampage.

These animals just love the defenseless innocents.

extremist
Posts in topic: 5

Post by extremist »

And yet, teachers refused to be armed to protect themselves and their students from maniacs like this.

I don't get it.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

extremist wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:29 pm And yet, teachers refused to be armed to protect themselves and their students from maniacs like this.

I don't get it.
Not all teachers “refuse to be armed”.

Teachers don’t have the choice to be armed at school unless the administration allows it. I have run several area schools that allow, at least some, of their faculty and staff to carry through the DPS School Safety course. There are a number of schools in my area that allow faculty and staff to carry.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LTUME1978 »

I hope that more schools will push for the Guardian Program and allow teachers that want to be armed do so. I am not a teacher but have taken the DPS School Safety Class (2 day) to see what was being taught. Combat Shooting And Tactics (Nacogdoches) was one of the early instructors with the Guardian Program and helping schools set them up. One of their instructors runs the Guardian Program at the school where he teaches. CSAT has two classes (Guardian 1 which is 3 days and Guardian 2 which is 2 days). I have been through those as well and found them to have a more detailed and advanced program of instruction for what is needed for a teacher. Just presenting some options for schools and teachers. The CSAT classes are taught in June.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

It is reading that he killed his grandmother, there was a BOLO out for him and it’s sounding like the police chase ended at the school.

This is heartbreaking.

Unconfirmed report he was “trans”.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Uvalde, Texas school shooting: 18 students, one adult killed, suspected shooter dead

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas ... ve-shooter

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Are there exceptions to Texas laws about carrying on school grounds that allow some teachers to carry concealed at school?

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by K.Mooneyham »

philip964 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:17 pm It is reading that he killed his grandmother, there was a BOLO out for him and it’s sounding like the police chase ended at the school.

This is heartbreaking.

One of my coworkers showed me some pics he found of the dude in make up and women's clothes. You could see the face, it was the killer. Another sick product of terrible times. Complete lack of standards leads to these horrible crimes.

03Lightningrocks

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:20 am
philip964 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:17 pm It is reading that he killed his grandmother, there was a BOLO out for him and it’s sounding like the police chase ended at the school.

This is heartbreaking.

One of my coworkers showed me some pics he found of the dude in make up and women's clothes. You could see the face, it was the killer. Another sick product of terrible times. Complete lack of standards leads to these horrible crimes.
I would support any gun laws forbidding people from the LBGTQ...alphabet community from purchasing firearms. They are mentally twisted people. Prancing around in front of the mirror wearing their mommies underwear is just demented. His grand mother probably caught him wearing her underwear and challenged him on it.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by K.Mooneyham »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:24 am

This is heartbreaking.

I would support any gun laws forbidding people from the LBGTQ...alphabet community from purchasing firearms. They are mentally twisted people. Prancing around in front of the mirror wearing their mommies underwear is just demented. His grand mother probably caught him wearing her underwear and challenged him on it.
I cannot speak to that, but I can say that growing up in South Texas as a teenager, Tejano culture was pretty conservative, in the traditional sense of the word.

03Lightningrocks

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:29 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:24 am

This is heartbreaking.

I cannot speak to that, but I can say that growing up in South Texas as a teenager, Tejano culture was pretty conservative, in the traditional sense of the word.
I have heard the same. I can only imagine the pressure his family would put on him after realizing he was a sexual deviant. That would likely be enough to make him go off the rails. I don't know if the story of him cross dressing is true but the Tejano culture would not look kindly upon it.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”