Officer involved shooting in Seminole Texas.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Officer involved shooting in Seminole Texas.

Post by G.A. Heath »

This news article covers the details as reported:
https://www.kcbd.com/2022/10/01/active- ... 0IZimIg2to

This was close enough to my house that I heard the gun shots, although they sounded like fire crackers. I was brushing out my three year old long hair GSD Sauer when I heard the shots, not feeling right about the sound I went inside with Sauer just in time to hear "Shots fired" over the scanner. I was armed with a handgun when this started, I had a rifle in hand before I had house and dogs fortified. A coworker had family at the church when this event occurred.

What I have not seen in any reporting that will be of interest to members here:
Three law enforcement agencies share a repeater network and dispatch here in Gaines County. First is the Gaines County Sheriff's Office, then there is Seagraves PD in the northern part of the county, and finally Seminole PD (the agency initially involved in this incident). Initial confusion came about because deputies thought the Seagraves PD chief was the officer involved in the shooting. He radioed back that it wasn't him and everyone quickly determined the officer involved was a specific Seminole PD officer. The Seagraves Chief was actually in Seminole at the time this occurred and was integrated into the search and capture. The suspect dropped his weapon which was recovered near the scene, the weapon he used was an HK USP 9mm. Rumors are going around that a wireless internet company used a camera mounted on their tower to track the suspect then report his location and direction of travel to dispatch, this is consistent with what I heard over the scanner.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Officer involved shooting in Seminole Texas.

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Another "immigrant who made our country better by doing a job an American wouldn't do"? I mean, that is how the Democrat Party and their mass news media pals tend to label all these violent crimes. Good job by all involved to capture the suspect. I hope that police officer has a speedy and complete recovery.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:41 pm Another "immigrant who made our country better by doing a job an American wouldn't do"? I mean, that is how the Democrat Party and their mass news media pals tend to label all these violent crimes. Good job by all involved to capture the suspect. I hope that police officer has a speedy and complete recovery.
Apparently his "job" pays quite well judging by the car he was driving. I'd say his vocation involved auto theft or drugs if I was to offer a guess. Too bad the officer's aim was off, but having been wounded I can understand.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

puma guy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:34 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:41 pm Another "immigrant who made our country better by doing a job an American wouldn't do"? I mean, that is how the Democrat Party and their mass news media pals tend to label all these violent crimes. Good job by all involved to capture the suspect. I hope that police officer has a speedy and complete recovery.
Apparently his "job" pays quite well judging by the car he was driving. I'd say his vocation involved auto theft or drugs if I was to offer a guess. Too bad the officer's aim was off, but having been wounded I can understand.
Unless I am mistaken, from what I heard over the scanner during the incident, the vehicle came back 99 (stolen).
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

G.A. Heath wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:48 pm
puma guy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:34 am
Unless I am mistaken, from what I heard over the scanner during the incident, the vehicle came back 99 (stolen).
Well, I was 50% right on his job choice! :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”