The mean streets of League City

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

The mean streets of League City

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... t-actions/

Couple arrested at home for a fender bender in a parking lot where a car backed into the mom’s car. . Drivers agreed to not call police and let their insurance companies handle it.

Husband arrested for interference with a police officer even though he was 90 miles away at the time.

DA declined to prosecute.

Couple is suing for 25 million.

I’m thinking the other driver will be sued as well for later apparently calling police and saying the mom was at fault.

Their charge of leaving their children without supervision when they were both arrested at home seems a stretch.

As an attorney once said, “they failed the attitude test”.

League City police seems to not have real crooks to catch.

puma guy

Re: The mean streets of League City

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:31 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... t-actions/

Couple arrested at home for a fender bender in a parking lot where a car backed into the mom’s car. . Drivers agreed to not call police and let their insurance companies handle it.

Husband arrested for interference with a police officer even though he was 90 miles away at the time.

I’m thinking the other driver will be sued as well for later apparently calling police and saying the mom was at fault.

Their charge of leaving their children without supervision when they were both arrested at home seems a stretch.

All the comments I read are blaming the two who were arrested. Am I missing something about this incident? It's not clear, but the way the article reads it sound as though it was possible a fender bender in a parking lot. Even if it wasn't most PD's don't even want to respond to a minor accident.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RPBrown

Re: The mean streets of League City

Post by RPBrown »

puma guy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:21 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:31 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... t-actions/

All the comments I read are blaming the two who were arrested. Am I missing something about this incident? It's not clear, but the way the article reads it sound as though it was possible a fender bender in a parking lot. Even if it wasn't most PD's don't even want to respond to a minor accident.
I agree. Police won't respond to minor accidents unless they are blocking traffic or there is a disagreement between parties.
My first thought was that even though they exchanged insurance info, the other party call in a "hit and run", probably to show their insurance company that they were not at fault.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”