Mother upset about son getting shot attempting an armed robbery

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Mother upset about son getting shot attempting an armed robbery

Post by puma guy »

Mom says he was just off his meds, but he's suspected in many other robberies. His actions infer he was considering shooting children.
Another great example of a citizen defending his family. I wonder if the family man was carrying under the new law or LTC. It says "concealed carry" but it could be either.
http://conservativematrix.com/mother-up ... 4601iZae1U
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Grayling813

Re: Mother upset about son getting shot attempting an armed robbery

Post by Grayling813 »

puma guy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:06 pm I wonder if the family man was carrying under the new law or LTC. It says "concealed carry" but it could be either.
https://www.ksat.com/news/2018/01/05/mo ... ive-times/
That’s when the man, who had a concealed handgun license, fired several shots at Herrera.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Good shoot. Awful mother.

Probably the best possible outcome on this one.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

in 2016 he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia
I'd be up for prosecuting the mom if she supplied Herrera the firearm
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Just like the sister who was upset her brother got shot holding up a store. She said he was needing money to buy his school books. And then went on to say how else was he supposed to get the money. Typical “they owe me” mentality

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Well, mother-of-armed-robber: we good citizens, when confronted with a deadly threat, we shoot to stop the threat.

The GG felt that 5 shots was enough, and he was correct.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:16 pm
puma guy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:06 pm I wonder if the family man was carrying under the new law or LTC. It says "concealed carry" but it could be either.
https://www.ksat.com/news/2018/01/05/mo ... ive-times/
That’s when the man, who had a concealed handgun license, fired several shots at Herrera.
Was constitutional carry in place when this happened? It seems like this happened before constitutional carry but admittedly, the older I get, the more time frames seem to squeeze closer together.

Like I said when this originally happened. Maybe he only shot him four times because he ran out of ammo in his gun. Personally, in a situation like that, I keep firing until the criminal is down and the gun is out of his hand. Even a guy with four rounds in him and laying on the ground, can still raise up his gun and shoot back at you.

03Lightningrocks

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:30 pm Just like the sister who was upset her brother got shot holding up a store. She said he was needing money to buy his school books. And then went on to say how else was he supposed to get the money. Typical “they owe me” mentality
It is this mentality that is causing a major crime wave in America. Criminals, especially minority criminals, feel like they have some sort of right to just take what they want from those that have it. Leftists have given them all the perfect excuse of being a victim by promoting the fairy tale of existential racism.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The number of rounds the GG fired was 5, not 4. "Why did he shoot him 4 MORE times?" lamented Mama.

Mom thought 1 round should have been enough. The GG had a different opinion when confronted with a mentally ill person with a gun, endangering everyone in the place, including the GG's children. 4 might have stopped the threat, but we know 5 definitely did the trick. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

03Lightningrocks

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:28 pm The number of rounds the GG fired was 5, not 4. "Why did he shoot him 4 MORE times?" lamented Mama.

Mom thought 1 round should have been enough. The GG had a different opinion when confronted with a mentally ill person with a gun, endangering everyone in the place, including the GG's children. 4 might have stopped the threat, but we know 5 definitely did the trick. :-)

SIA
Then I bet he really did run out of ammo. :biggrinjester: My S&W 442 only holds five rounds. Then I have to do a speed loader refill.

cherokeepilot

Post by cherokeepilot »

It never ceases to amaze me that being shot while committing a crime comes as a surprise to some folks.
73s
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

cherokeepilot wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:41 pm It never ceases to amaze me that being shot while committing a crime comes as a surprise to some folks.
When you’ve been told your whole life that everyone owes you and you live off the government it just becomes your mindset.

03Lightningrocks

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:10 pm
cherokeepilot wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:41 pm It never ceases to amaze me that being shot while committing a crime comes as a surprise to some folks.
When you’ve been told your whole life that everyone owes you and you live off the government it just becomes your mindset.
Especially when they live in a state with constitutional carry. I don't know what percentage of our population is carrying concealed now but I would bet the odds are good that at least one or two at any store or place one might visit. I for one will always be looking for my 2 second draw and fire window. As for me, I don't stop firing until I know for sure the BG is out of commission. The man had his family to protect. He had no choice but to keep firing until the threat was completely neutralized. I would do the exact same.

What infuriates me is that the thugs family receives media attention because they want to complain about how many rounds were fired while the poor guy who had to kill this thug receives no attention for the stress and strain having to take a life to protect his family must have instilled. How many nights did this poor guy lie awake at night worried that this thug might be part of a gang that would seek retaliation? How many nights did this poor guy wake up from nightmares of the whole situation? What about the trauma of watching this happen have on the guys family? My gosh! All because this thug wanted something material but didn't want to work an honest job to get it? People these days give all the concern to the wrong side of these issues.

And as always, he was a good boy! He loved his momma! Yeah right! If he loved his momma, he would have considered her before attempting to commit an armed robbery. Maybe momma should have shown him real love. He would be alive today had she done her job right in the first place.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”