Lewisville Pawn Shop Murder on Valentine's Day

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Lewisville Pawn Shop Murder on Valentine's Day

Post by Greybeard »

Last edited by Greybeard on Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

carlson1

Re: Lewisville Pawn Shop Murder on Valentine's Day

Post by carlson1 »

Very sad incident. I hope they will catch the killers and actually SEEK the death penalty.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Wow! I have been there many times and recognize the victim. Too close to home!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Lewisville has more of a crime exposure than many realize. Being along I-35, criminals can drive in, commit robbery and murder and be back on the freeway before police can arrive. Parts of the town are known hang-outs for drugs and those always attract crime.

People used to laugh at me for refusing to go to Mill Street unarmed. I got into a "situation" in downtown when they put up fence and wanded people going to Western Days. I drop off things at a charity not far from the pawn shop.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime ... b6cb464d47
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

The 7-11 at mill and 121 has always been sketchy.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I was there (on Mill St.) less than a block away when it happened. I might have even passed as it was happening or passed them coming or going on the street and didn't know a thing until I was in Martinez's down the street. I had ordered and was sitting waiting for my breakfast when a police car went by with siren blaring and the ambulance went by. Then as I was finishing up and about to leave the ambulance drove by on its way to the hospital. I was also on my way to the hospital for work.

As I arrived in the lab they were still working on getting him blood as part of a mass transfusion and I actually finished up the last of the chemistry tests that had been ordered before they halted the mass transfusion. They were unable to save him.

If I'd been on my bike I might have captured video of them coming or going. If I'd had any idea what was going on or that something bad had happened I could have followed them and called the police to catch up.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

No mention if the pawn shop guy pulled a weapon. Nowadays it doesn't matter; they come in groups and just kill regardless of any circumstances. I'll lay odds they were wearing Covid masks and even with surveillance video would be near impossible to be identifiable.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:23 am The 7-11 at mill and 121 has always been sketchy.
I used to live very close to that 7-11, which is close to the Mill St. murder site.

1. The foreign man who was the 7-11's 3rd shift clerk told my son that he has problems with customers sometimes.
Then he showed my son that he keeps a .38 snubby on him, and customers have chilled the heck out if he has to show it to them.

2. The murder scene would not have been successfully burgled at night. There were multiple mean junkyard dogs that seemed eager to make a meal out of a human.

3. In the general neighborhood where these 2 sites are located, around 2018, there were multiple armed holdups on the streets, even during the daytime. The bad guys would spot a Hispanic pedestrian, pull over, get out, and rob him. The idea was that the victims might be carrying cash on them, due to being "unbanked", and that if they were illegal, they might not want to report the robbery to Lewisville PD.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Return to “The Crime Blotter”